PDA

View Full Version : AP filing instructions

bombay_rail
01-16-2009, 03:14 AM
Due to a sudden job change (economy imapct) on EAD, my H1 and dependends H4B's were no longer valid. My AP was also expired a month back didn't apply for AP since H1 was there that time.

Now I need to apply AP as soon as possible to meet any emergency travels to India.

Now the Q
1)- Is it easy to fill the AP form for myself and dependents ? Do I find any instructions in any of our immigration forums or do I need a lawyer for this ?

2) I believe it takes around 3 months to get AP, right ? My center is Nebraska.
Is there a way I can expedite this process ?

Thank you for the help.
Dhruva.

vin13
01-16-2009, 09:24 AM
If you have a real emergency. Take a copy to prove the emergency to the nearest immigration office. Take a Infopass appointment. But if you cannot get one to should be OK as it is a emergency.Try to get to the office first thing in the morning.

We had an emergency and it was closing time. We filled the application in literally 2 minutes. It has very basic information requirements. Attached a copy of the I-485 receipt and I-140 approval notice and 2 passport photos and submitted them. We got the AP in 2 days.

But it has to be a real emergency that you can prove.

Hope this helps.

rockstart
01-16-2009, 12:04 PM
Even without emergency it is getting approved pretty quickly. I paper filed in December and got my AP in 3 weeks. Its very easy form do it your self no need to engage lawyer.

newuser
01-16-2009, 12:13 PM
Could you please share the link from where we can download the form and the required doc's. Thanks in advance

vin13
01-16-2009, 02:11 PM
Just google "uscis advance parole application".

You should get the link and instructions.

bombay_rail
01-16-2009, 03:28 PM
Thank you for all your helpful replies. Since I don't really have any emergency now I will just file it for myself. Thank you - Dhruva.

needhelp!
01-16-2009, 03:48 PM
Could you please share the link from where we can download the form and the required doc's. Thanks in advance

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-131.pdf

and instructions:

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-131instr.pdf

Mail along with:
2 Passport photos - (http://www.epassportphoto.com and then get prints for 20c @ local walgreens within one hour)
Cover letter
Copy of 485 receipt
Copy of last AP
Passport Photo page
Check of $305 payable to "U.S. Department of Homeland Security"

Not sure of this part, but if applying for dependent, also include
Copy of principal applicants I-485
Copy of marriage certificate

Sample Cover Letter:

<Date>

<Your adddress>

<USCIS Service Center Address>

Re: Application for Advance Parole Document (<A#....>)

Dear Sir/Madam,

Based on my pending application for Adjustment of Status (I-485 Receipt #:<....>), kindly approve my application for Advance Parole.

Sincerely,

<Your Name>

Enclosed:

vin13
01-16-2009, 04:42 PM
Guys,
Make sure you get good quality photos. Do not try to save money there. We got our pictures taken at walgreen and paid somewhere around $16-18.

We got an RFE for another set of pictures. Not sure if they lost the picture or was not the quality they needed. My wife's picture was accepted. Mine was not. Weird. No good explanation. They looked good quality for the naked eye.

Had to resubmit the pictures. This time we got the pictures taken at the post office.

Just wanted to share my experience.