PDA

View Full Version : a lot of us got RFE's even if our PD's where not current

gc_nebraska
01-15-2009, 12:58 PM
Guys ! I know couple months ago (around Sep 08') a lot of us got RFE's even if our PD's where not current and once the concerned docs were sent the status now says 'received and case resumed", and "You should expect to receive a written decision or written update within 60 days of the date we received your response unless fingerprint processing or an interview are standard parts of case processing and have not yet been completed, in which case you can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done." but nothing after that , my question do you'll think that they might look into our files even with different PD dates(ex: with PD's EB-2 I 2005,2006) since they mentioned they would a written update within 60 day?

vin13
01-15-2009, 01:10 PM
My 2 cents...

I think it is a standard letter format to say you case has resumed. I do not think we will get any written letter.

The big assumption is that after you applied for your 485 the dates will not retrogress.

Even the IO who stamped my AP document made a general statement that "you probably will get your GC before this document expires". Little do they realize that Indians see a lot more retrogression.

But i am sure they look at cases even if the dates are not within the priority date, because they also pre-adjudicate cases. This is possible only if they are working on it.

meridiani.planum
01-15-2009, 01:51 PM
Guys ! I know couple months ago (around Sep 08') a lot of us got RFE's even if our PD's where not current and once the concerned docs were sent the status now says 'received and case resumed", and "You should expect to receive a written decision or written update within 60 days of the date we received your response unless fingerprint processing or an interview are standard parts of case processing and have not yet been completed, in which case you can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done." but nothing after that , my question do you'll think that they might look into our files even with different PD dates(ex: with PD's EB-2 I 2005,2006) since they mentioned they would a written update within 60 day?

no, but the nice thing is that your file will now sit on the "pre-adjudicated" stack. So the next time your PD is current, the odds of an approval are high. Looking at USCIS behaviour last year, there were tons of approvals in the last quarter of last year (when visa numbers roll over across countries and categories). At that point the pre-adjudicated files are the ones that go out the door first (since all paperwork andchecking is done, it was only waiting for a visa number)