PDA

View Full Version : Visitor visa for grand mother

omahaguy
01-12-2009, 11:46 PM
I am planning to sponsor for my wife's grand mother visior visa.

She is widower and all her children in India.

Is it difficult to get visitor visa to her?

lskreddy
01-13-2009, 01:25 AM
I know of a friend who had his grand parents visit him recently and they had no trouble. When asked, I was told they mentioned they wanted to take a trip to see their grandson while they could. All the best.

DSP
01-13-2009, 02:38 AM
I had my parents and my grandmom visit me last year. All three of them went together for the visa interview at Delhi. The only question the officer asked my father was - Why do you want to take your Mom to visit the US 'now'? and my dad replied, 'If I do not take her now, when will I take her?'. They all got a 10 year visa.

Hope that helps,
All the best!

Pallavi79
01-13-2009, 02:41 AM
She can get easily.
I would like to bring my grandma but worried about her health insurance.

omahaguy
01-16-2009, 12:13 PM
Thank you all for your replies.

My mother-in-law also has plans to apply visitor visa. She is also a widower.

Is it risk if both my mother-in-law and grand mother (widower) go togethor for visa interview?

lskreddy
01-16-2009, 12:45 PM
Just ensure that they will be able to document enough ties back home for officer to feel comfortable that they would return. From your side, provide evidence that you can afford their stay. Barring that, I see no reason why going separately or together would make a difference.

Perhaps, the only way to tell is yo try it.

MYGC2008
01-16-2009, 01:02 PM
Hi,

Please help me.

I am in the process of inviting my parents to US. Is one I-134 is sufficient OR Should I send seperate I-134 for each of them?

Thanks