PDA

View Full Version : Free Lawyer confrence calls

pappu
08-09-2011, 09:32 PM
Information on the upcoming call is posted in the second post of the thread

prem_goel
08-10-2011, 08:45 AM
IV Members,

Immigration Voice is conducting a one hour free conference call with attorneys for the benefit of IV members. Depending on the interest, this opportunity will be provided on the Thursdays of each month.

2nd Thursday of this month - Ari Sauer and Greg Siskind, from Siskind Susser, P.C. - Immigration Attorneys

For this particular call, it's preferred that members post their questions in advance for the law firm to review.

Members can pm their questions to IV handle - actaccord or post it on this thread for everyone's benefit. Members need to be present in the call for the question to be asked and answered.

Conference call details:

Date/Time: 11th Aug 2011 at 7 pm EST/4 pm PST.
Conference Dial-in Number: 712-432-0900
Participant Access Code: 482057

Update~
I have collected the 5 questions asked thus far, that were either sent to me via message or posted on the forum. I will be sending these 5 questions to the law firm for review in about an hour. If you need me to include your question, please post or message by 11 AM PST today. IV member actaccord will be moderating today's call. You can send the question to him directly as well.

Note that even if you do not post your questions, you can still ask questions in the call, but just that the law firm will not have had a chance to review your question, and thus the attorneys may be unprepared.

GC_1000Watt
08-10-2011, 12:37 PM
IV Members,

Immigration Voice is conducting a one hour free conference call with attorneys for the benefit of IV members. Depending on the interest, this opportunity will be provided on the Thursdays of each month.

2nd Thursday of this month - Ari Sauer and Greg Siskind, from Siskind Susser, P.C. - Immigration Attorneys

For this particular call, it's preferred that members post their questions in advance for the law firm to review.

Members can pm their questions to me (IV handle - prem_goel) or post it on this thread for everyone's benefit. Members need to be present in the call for the question to be asked and answered.

Conference call details:

Date/Time: 11th Aug 2011 at 7 pm EST/4 pm PST.
Conference Dial-in Number: 712-432-0900
Participant Access Code: 482057

Is there any way we can arrange call 6PM PST? I am sure lot of other fellow members will agree on that.

prem_goel
08-10-2011, 01:35 PM
Is there any way we can arrange call 6PM PST? I am sure lot of other fellow members will agree on that.

The timing of the call depends on the availability of the Attorney. I personally would've preferred 6 pm PST but Ari and Greg sent 4 pm as their available time.

prem_goel
08-10-2011, 02:59 PM
Iviviviviv

prem_goel
08-10-2011, 04:15 PM
Come on guys...there must be someone somewhere who has atleast one question to ask tomorrow :)

mrdelhiite
08-10-2011, 04:34 PM
I am in a situation I need opinion/suggestion.

I filed my EB3, labor I-140, I485- PD feb07 (current since July 11) in 2007 with last to last employer.
I changed to a different employer in 2008 and filed my EB2 Labor and I-140 which got approved in early Oct 2010. I have the same A# and PD on my new EB2 I140. I currently on my H1B status and have recently received my 3 year extension (used up 5 years)

As it has been more than 180 days since EB2 I140 approval, can I leave my current employer and take my EB2 application forward using AC21 (move on H1B but send a letter to USCIS about job change)? I know EB3 application should not be an issue as I filled my I485 a long long time back and made sure AC21 worked when I had my last carrier change. Please note that I never gave control of my I485 to new employer/lawyer as it was self filed.

Can I accept a new position and still keep my EB2 stuff intact? I can get my GC any day as my PD is current and I know once you get a GC you are not recommended to change jobs for at least 6 months. So is it recommended that I do this now as I am planning to move into same/similar job description?

Also is it safe for my wife to make a quick travel outside US (Family emergency) on AP. What if the GC gets approved at the time she is outside US. Will it complicate anything for her ?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
-M

pd052009
08-10-2011, 04:43 PM
Come on guys...there must be someone somewhere who has atleast one question to ask tomorrow :)

Sent the question to you. Please check your inbox.

vidyas_m
08-10-2011, 05:46 PM

Hi Prem_Goel,

I have sent my question for the Lawyer Conf Call tomorrow by private message. Could you please check your inbox?

Thank you.

gk_2000
08-10-2011, 07:35 PM
Please ask this:

Will the new USCIS directive allow me to start up a company and sponsor my own H1B, AND my own greencard?

Also,

Suppose I quit my employer, and he promptly cancels my I-140. Can I still keep the priority date for another application in future? Also, I am in the 7th year in H1. When the i-140 gets cancelled, do I have to leave? I have not filed i-485

gc_on_demand
08-10-2011, 07:41 PM
Please ask this:

Will the new USCIS directive allow me to start up a company and sponsor my own H1B, AND my own greencard?

Also,

Suppose I quit my employer, and he promptly cancels my I-140. Can I still keep the priority date for another application in future? Also, I am in the 7th year in H1. When the i-140 gets cancelled, do I have to leave? I have not filed i-485

I have same questions. I can join conf call.

prem_goel
08-10-2011, 07:59 PM
I got the 2 PM's thank you.

Guys, I also wanted to reach out for more volunteers to moderate these calls. If your interested, then please send me a message and I can include you in our google volunteer group.

Usually the calls will happen on a Thursday evening at 4 pm PST/7 pm EST or at 6 pm PST/9 pm EST depending on the attorney. The calls will last an hour or so.

actaccord
08-11-2011, 07:44 AM
//bump\\

prem_goel
08-11-2011, 10:10 AM
WOuld like to request people to post or send their question in advance for this conference call.

rickyp
08-11-2011, 10:16 AM
My new I-140 has new priority date. My earlier PD is Aug 2007. Should I have to request them to change it now, or can wait till the dates become current and request at that time?

My old employer hasn't revoked my I-140

prem_goel
08-11-2011, 12:50 PM
I have collected the 5 questions asked thus far, that were either sent to me via message or posted on the forum. I will be sending these 5 questions to the law firm for review in about an hour. If you need me to include your question, please post or message by 11 AM PST today.

Note that even if you do not post your questions, you can still ask questions in the call, but just that the law firm will not have had a chance to review your question, and thus the attorneys may be unprepared.

RSM1444
08-11-2011, 02:02 PM
My wife is on F1 OPT EAD which is going to expire on Sep 1st and her company is filing for H1B with a start date of Oct 1st.

Due to some circumstances she couldn't complete her Master's yet. With incomplete Masters degree, Does she qualify for cap-gap extension and if she does qualify can she continue to work during the 1 month of cap-gap extension.

tmasth
08-11-2011, 06:08 PM
Hi,

Sorry for posting this late but, my question is below:

My question is on porting the date from old approved I 140(employer A) to a new I 140(with employer B), if old one cancels/revokes the I 140. I have seen several posts and they say its fine if it is not revoked/cancelled because of fraud, but I was listening to the conference call of one of the attorneys and he says that "USCIS might have changed their mind in the recent months on the same and it is becoming a problem to port dates if the old I 140 is cancelled/revoked by previous employer" .

Can somebody shed some light on the same please. Your comments are really appreciated.

Thanks!

actaccord
08-11-2011, 08:05 PM
for every one who got some time join in today's call and ask valuable questions which could help others with similar situation.

And also I would like to share our sincere thanks to Ari Sauer and Greg Siskind ( from Siskind Susser, P.C. - Immigration Attorneys) for their time and input. Today they continued for additional 10mins to make sure every question was answered.

Here is the recording,

https://www.freeconferencing.com/playback.html?cid=conferences/4166-17-65-67-17-65-67-17-65-67-17-65-67-17-65-6754-17-65-67-17-65-67-17-65-675711944117-17-65-67.mp3&e=1367294400000&cn=94-43-28-63&option=private

sp0826
08-15-2011, 12:56 PM
My wife's H1 expires in a month and we were wondering if we can file a COS to B2 as she needs some more time to look for a new job/sponsor. Can we state this as a reason and apply for COS to B2 ??

Any other suggestions, please advise.

Thanks for your time