View Full Version : Case in National Benefits center: Share your experience

pappu
01-11-2009, 04:21 PM
Case in National Benefits center: Share your experiences

This thread will help such people

JazzByTheBay
05-05-2009, 10:22 PM
Update on our cases:
Received another fingerprint notice for my I-485 on 5/2/2009. It seems we'd appeared for one only a few months ago - but perhaps that was for EAD/AP (can't remember).

I called USCIS yesterday to find out why my spouse didn't get a fingerprint notice as well. The rep couldn't tell, since "hers is an independent case" or something similar.

Today (5/5/2009) we received emails for both our cases - transferred to National Benefits Center.

So:
- I140 filed at TSC
- I-1485 at TSC
- Transferred to CSC, issues receipts
- Transferred to NSC
- Couple of EADs and APs issued in between
- Transferred to NBC (National Benefits Center).

jazz

Case in National Benefits center: Share your experiences

This thread will help such people

pappu
05-06-2009, 11:18 AM
Update on our cases:
Received another fingerprint notice for my I-485 on 5/2/2009. It seems we'd appeared for one only a few months ago - but perhaps that was for EAD/AP (can't remember).

I called USCIS yesterday to find out why my spouse didn't get a fingerprint notice as well. The rep couldn't tell, since "hers is an independent case" or something similar.

Today (5/5/2009) we received emails for both our cases - transferred to National Benefits Center.

So:
- I140 filed at TSC
- I-1485 at TSC
- Transferred to CSC, issues receipts
- Transferred to NSC
- Couple of EADs and APs issued in between
- Transferred to NBC (National Benefits Center).

jazz

You may probably be getting an interview notice.

man-woman-and-gc
05-06-2009, 11:35 AM

How long does it usually take to get the interview notice?
I was told that i'll be getting an interview notice when my case was transferred to NBC a couple month ago. However, no such notice yet for me or my wife.

beautifulMind
05-06-2009, 01:57 PM
I got the email yesterday as well on 5/5/2009 that my case has been transferred to the nationals benefits center.

We may be interview candidates...Do you have any issues with your i-485 application? like diu, misdemenor. I have a misdemeanor and was wondering if that was the reason for the file being transferred

man-woman-and-gc
05-06-2009, 02:10 PM
I got the email yesterday as well on 5/5/2009 that my case has been transferred to the nationals benefits center.

We may be interview candidates...Do you have any issues with your i-485 application? like diu, misdemenor. I have a misdemeanor and was wondering if that was the reason for the file being transferred

I don't have any issues apart from a couple of speeding tickets.
But I an my wife applied for each other's 485 thru both of our employers.

Kushal
05-06-2009, 04:52 PM

My case was transferred to the benefit center, and went through an interview a month back. They wanted to see tax docs for both the most recent years. It went just fine.

mamthavijai
08-19-2009, 12:13 PM
Couple of LUD's recently to my & dependent's case.
a) I received a fingerprinting notice 'CODE 1' on 08/04/2009. My spouse didn't receive it. Finger printing is on 09/03/2009
b) Both of our cases got transferred to National Benefits center on 08/17/2009.

Will wait & see what happens next.
2 weeks travelled outside for business & got a new I-94 at the US-canadian border for travel, probably that triggered this scenario may be.

My case is EB3-I Nov 2004 @NSC
485 Filed on Aug 2007, Receipt date Sep 2007
140 approved on Mar 2009
2nd EAD
2nd AP, filed 3rd AP recently
Maintaining H1B status for last 9+ yrs.

Hanging in there :)

GC4LI
08-19-2009, 07:40 PM
Hi All,

I'm an EB3-I applicant with priority date June 2006. I am the primary applicant and my wife is a benefitiary.

Our I-485 applications were transfered to NBC in June. We received our interview notices in July. We had our interview at the local USCIS office in Phoenix, AZ on August 12th.

We were interviewed by an Adjudicating Officer. The interview was pretty basic and general. The officer had both our applications and all other supporting documents which were submitted to USCIS as part of the I-485 applications (Including Medical reports, EAD, AP approval notices, G-28 and AC-21 documents). I had not submitted my AC-21 documents when I changed my job in Jan 2008. However, when I received my interview notice, my attorney decided to send AC-21 letter and supporting documents to our local USCIS office where the interview was scheduled.

I was bit concerned about the interview initially when I first received the interview notice, since I had to change jobs almost exactly 180 days after submitting my I-485 application. My I-140 was approved in June 2007, and the employer has not revoked it yet.

The adjudicating officer had no problems with it, and even quoted that in these economic times its tough for a person to maintain a job and stay in a single company for a longer period of time. However, he confirmed that my current job duties are similar to what I was doing in my previous company (original petitioner).

He requested copies of our H1-B approval notice, pay stubs for the last two months, and current employment letter.

For my wife's application, he mentioned that USCIS would need a police clearance letter since FBI was unable to read her finger prints, though she was finger printed thrice in two years. He gave us a months time to mail the letter to our local USCIS office. Since we have been living in Phoenix for the past 6 years, we were able to get the police clearance letter the same day. We have taken an infopass appointment with the local USCIS office on Aug 26 to hand deliver the letter to the officials.

However, with my application, he said that my name check was cleared by the FBI (I was finger printed only once - back in Nov 2007) and was good enough for approval.

In the end, he mentioned that there is no reason for him to call us for an interview again, and that our applications are pre-adjudicated for approval. Since the visa numbers were not available, he mentioned that our applications will be kept in a priority list for GC approval once the visa numbers are current for our priority date.

Overall, we had a very good experience. The officer was very friendly and was willing to answer any questions we asked.

sripk
08-19-2009, 08:13 PM
I recently got RFE on I485 and after submitting all docs, I noticed LUD's continuously for few days immediately after receipt of docs and one LUD after a week. Now, I was wondering what that last LUD may be for and thinking it must be FP or other letter which they may have sent. The case status hasn't changed and I didn't receive any mail so far and wondering if it will be sent to my attorney instead. Will there be any hard update on case status if they send FP notice or Interview notice?

Honda
08-19-2009, 08:38 PM
My Wife & Me got the RFE's. We replied on July 9, 2009. Upto July 20 th i saw 7 soft LUD's in my account. I dont know what's going in our cases.

I saw the online message saying.

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Response to request for evidence received, and case processing has resumed.

On July 9, 2009, we received your response to our request for evidence. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. You should expect to receive a written decision or written update within 60 days of the date we received your response unless fingerprint processing or an interview are standard parts of case processing and have not yet been completed, in which case you can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case is at our NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Do you guys think My wife & my case is pre adjudication?

GC4LI
08-19-2009, 08:56 PM
I recently got RFE on I485 and after submitting all docs, I noticed LUD's continuously for few days immediately after receipt of docs and one LUD after a week. Now, I was wondering what that last LUD may be for and thinking it must be FP or other letter which they may have sent. The case status hasn't changed and I didn't receive any mail so far and wondering if it will be sent to my attorney instead. Will there be any hard update on case status if they send FP notice or Interview notice?

In my case, the attorney received a copy of our interview notice. We also received a copy 2 weeks after that.
Generally, its always been this way for FP, EAD or AP notices.

mamthavijai
08-21-2009, 06:52 PM
On 08/21/2009 i got emails for both myself & my spouse's case. It says my case is pending at the same UCICS office where it got transferred.

Also i received letter regarding the transfer.

Not sure what's next may be interview or just sits in the corner.

sanjay02
08-21-2009, 07:11 PM
Looks like an interview

nosightofgc
08-21-2009, 10:01 PM
I just want to share my experience and some time line.

Our cases were tansferred to NBC in the third week of Jnauray and we received the interview letter in the second week of March. The interview was scheduled for April 16th. From various posts this time line seems to be accurate. It takes a couple of months for the case to be transferred from NBC to Local Office and the Local Office to schedule the interview. We had to reschedule our interviews due to some household issues. The reschedule was fine with no issues, but my wife was called for interview in June and I was called for interview in August. Our interview is completed and now we are just waiting for Visa Numbers. The case stays at the local office, so there will be no updated to the case status.

From various posts, I have not seen a case where they rejected or denied the case. Interview process is very simple and please make sure you carry all the documents. For us it's a stroller worth of documents, but its worth it. If there are any specific questions about the interview, please PM me. And also has a Tracker for AOS Interview and also there is a 70 page thread about this.

bobbydalal
09-14-2009, 10:52 AM
hey guys so its quiet common for the case to be transferred cauz i got a notice of our case being transferred to nbc ,mo we r eb3 priority feb 2007. I was worried but my attorney told me not to. I work for the same company for last 9 years. Also had surrendered earlier to avoid arrest for the same company but the case was dismissed by prosecutor. My attorney said that should be no problem as the case was dismissed . Please advise.

apb
09-24-2009, 03:00 PM
Can somebody in similar boat add to this. Also anyone with recent exp with this scenario please advice.

indianindian2006
09-24-2009, 03:09 PM
Can somebody in similar boat add to this. Also anyone with recent exp with this scenario please advice.

My friend has his case transfered to National Visa Center in Feb 2009,his was a EB2 I with PD Aug 2003.In march 2009 he got a letter from the center to come for an interview at the local USCIS office in Los Angeles where he stays.After the interview his GC was approved and mailed to him.In his case he had a petty theft that was in his record which prompted this inteview.
In my view I think you will be called for an inetview.

Indian

apb
09-24-2009, 04:18 PM
I guess It is same with me too. I had a driving with suspended license arrest/fingerprinting done. This was cleared and sent police clearence certificate along with our 485 application.

Arrest was for non-payment of ticket which we never received in mail. Maybe that triggered.

Anybody knows how long with this take to get the interview call?.

Another person in this forum greencard_fever has his case transferred to NBC. But he has no such record.

mamthavijai
09-25-2009, 12:40 PM
We've an interview scheduled in october @ Detroit Local Office. My records are clean as of I know. My attorney told me it might've been transferred for finger printing issue, which she had represented similar case before related finger printing. Infact I had a second finger printing done recently before the case got moved to local office.

I'm sure it will take another 5 yrs for me to get GC if there's no issue.

Chill out guys !

Vijai

apb
09-25-2009, 02:38 PM
I want to get an understanding how long does it take to get appt for interview. Can you please post when was your case transferred to NBC and when did you receive your letter for interview.
Thanks

mamthavijai
09-25-2009, 02:55 PM
Here you go...
Aug 18 - Case got transferred to NSC
Aug 24 - Recv. Transfer notice
Sep 2 - Soft LUD's
Sept 18 - Recv. interview letter for Local detroit office
Oct 20 - Actual Interview 12.30 PM
Green Card - Million dollar question ?

apb
09-25-2009, 03:08 PM
Case transferred details as below
Sep/21 - Case transferred status change.
Sep/22 - Soft LUD
Sep/25 - Received snail mail transfer notice to
USCIS-NBC PO Box 648005 Lee's Summit, MO 64064 ????????
What does the above means. I am in California. Why MO?

mamthavijai
09-25-2009, 03:12 PM
National Benefits Center is located at one place in states,which is @ Missouri. Do Googling!

greencard_fever
09-25-2009, 04:21 PM
Hi All,

I'm an EB3-I applicant with priority date June 2006. I am the primary applicant and my wife is a benefitiary.

Our I-485 applications were transfered to NBC in June. We received our interview notices in July. We had our interview at the local USCIS office in Phoenix, AZ on August 12th.

We were interviewed by an Adjudicating Officer. The interview was pretty basic and general. The officer had both our applications and all other supporting documents which were submitted to USCIS as part of the I-485 applications (Including Medical reports, EAD, AP approval notices, G-28 and AC-21 documents). I had not submitted my AC-21 documents when I changed my job in Jan 2008. However, when I received my interview notice, my attorney decided to send AC-21 letter and supporting documents to our local USCIS office where the interview was scheduled.

I was bit concerned about the interview initially when I first received the interview notice, since I had to change jobs almost exactly 180 days after submitting my I-485 application. My I-140 was approved in June 2007, and the employer has not revoked it yet.

The adjudicating officer had no problems with it, and even quoted that in these economic times its tough for a person to maintain a job and stay in a single company for a longer period of time. However, he confirmed that my current job duties are similar to what I was doing in my previous company (original petitioner).

He requested copies of our H1-B approval notice, pay stubs for the last two months, and current employment letter.

For my wife's application, he mentioned that USCIS would need a police clearance letter since FBI was unable to read her finger prints, though she was finger printed thrice in two years. He gave us a months time to mail the letter to our local USCIS office. Since we have been living in Phoenix for the past 6 years, we were able to get the police clearance letter the same day. We have taken an infopass appointment with the local USCIS office on Aug 26 to hand deliver the letter to the officials.
However, with my application, he said that my name check was cleared by the FBI (I was finger printed only once - back in Nov 2007) and was good enough for approval.

In the end, he mentioned that there is no reason for him to call us for an interview again, and that our applications are pre-adjudicated for approval. Since the visa numbers were not available, he mentioned that our applications will be kept in a priority list for GC approval once the visa numbers are current for our priority date.

Overall, we had a very good experience. The officer was very friendly and was willing to answer any questions we asked.

Ditto here..my spouse had to take the FP for 3 time in May-2009 the reason they mentioned on all the FP request wad FBI was unable to read your FP's please retake them for your Application process..at third FP process the lady who took FP even told us that FP is not clear that time either and we should expect the police clerance letter to get out Cases approval..i think this is what the reson for my case been transfered to NBC..mine is clear and straight case..one employer all along..and never got any RFE..

apb
09-25-2009, 06:59 PM
Very cordial IO at infopass.
Address on my wife's file is correct. Address on my file is incorrect.
Step 1 -- Changed address

Now the question. Why the case got transferred.
He checked and said that though my wife's case got transferred to NBC, mine is still at Nebraska under LOST category.
Question what is lost category -- It means they do not have everything in order to pull and review the case.

Step 2- Sent note to NSC notifying mine and wife's case has to be tteated in same place and why my case is in under LOST category.
Will get response by end of Oct.

Btw, I told him that I recvd emails on both our 485 notifying transfer to NBC.

Next q is there anything to expedite the interview (if they are going to ask for one). He said for EB they normally won't do it. ( I am not agreeing here). But there is nothing that can be done till they get the case from LOST to "found" category.

apb
10-01-2009, 03:51 PM
Hard and Soft LUD recently stating case moved to local office. Does anybody has any idea on timeframe for interview call? Dates being current I want it asap.

buvane
10-14-2009, 08:43 PM
Hard and Soft LUD recently stating case moved to local office. Does anybody has any idea on timeframe for interview call? Dates being current I want it asap.

I also saw soft LUD saying case in USCIS office probably for an interview. If you have received any interview notice can you update it.

PD 5/2004
EB2/India

mamthavijai
10-21-2009, 11:17 AM
Update:
Our (myself & spouse) interview for AOS got over at Detroit office on Oct 20 2009. The officer was kind enough & told us the reality. Standard questions started with OATH,Name, Job desc, DOB, any crimes in the past etc. In the end he told us everything looks good & they will keep my file in the local office in a special shell. Every month someone scans that self to check whether any of the dates are current, if so they will approve them right away. Also he was kind enough to give his director's contact no in case if my dates becomes current so that they will instantly approve my case & get it stamped.
He told us for the past 6 months lots of cases are getting transferred to local oficices for interview so that things are ready once dates become's current. He even apologized for the whole wait even after all the documents are valid & the dates are not moving.
He told us not to lose hope, something may change soon that will benefit us but no guarantee.

If you get an interview it means that's a positive sign as your case is opened & ready for appoval if the dates gets current one day.

apb
10-21-2009, 04:24 PM
Surprisingly we did not receive the interview call letter but our lawyer did.
No change in online status. Interview scheduled in late Nov

buvane
11-30-2009, 07:10 PM
Can you share your experience if the interview is over....

Thanks!
PD 5/2004

apb
11-30-2009, 08:33 PM
Can you share your experience if the interview is over....

Thanks!
PD 5/2004

We both went together. It lasted for 45 min. Started with oath and regular checking of doc like last time left country, from which port and where did you arruve. Then switched gear to abt my emp. Why I used AC21, who is current emp, EVL, job in IT, pay stubs, where are they located.
Then regular Y?N questions and were u arrested. I said yes. Explained reason, showed court disposition, fee paid, police clearence.
Finally asked for Birth Certi.. Produced one from Indian consulate, two affidavits original. But IO insisted on BC from India or Non-availibility of same. Could not produce one.
Handed letter to produce the same in 60 days. Working on the same.
Any help in that direction is appreciated. Yourmaninindia is engaged.
If we had our BC, we would have got it on same day.
Hope this helps.

GC9180
12-02-2009, 03:47 PM
I got email..waiting for paper mail. My case (along with my wife & son) was transfered from TSC to NBC on Nov 30. I had two FP done in last 2 months (2nd was bcoz the 1st did not come out good). Same happened (2 FPs) last Jan 08. My PD is 2 months from current VB date. Anyting cooking or did they move it to some cold storage (hope not)...let me wait and see.

Anybody else on same boat with recent case transfers ?

apb
02-16-2010, 04:23 PM
CPO mail for both of us.
Thanks everybody for all the wishes

Leo07
02-16-2010, 07:09 PM
Good Luck!