PDA

View Full Version : DL Extension on H1-renewal receipt

sac-r-ten
01-08-2009, 11:03 AM
hello all,
Has anyone in Charlotte, NC got a extension on the Driver's license on the basis on the H1-B renewal application receipt.

My spouse's driver's license expires this month end. I have applied for h1-b/h4 renewal, yet to receive the application receipt.But wanted to know if anyone here in Charlotte,NC got a extension/grace (30days or 90days) on the basis of the receipt.

thanks.

vjw2
01-16-2009, 05:21 PM
hello all,
Has anyone in Charlotte, NC got a extension on the Driver's license on the basis on the H1-B renewal application receipt.

My spouse's driver's license expires this month end. I have applied for h1-b/h4 renewal, yet to receive the application receipt.But wanted to know if anyone here in Charlotte,NC got a extension/grace (30days or 90days) on the basis of the receipt.

thanks.

I have a similar situation. My NC license is expiring and I am not sure if i will get the H1 renewal in time. Were you able to get it extened with the application receipt?

Thanks for your help.

a_yaja
01-16-2009, 10:56 PM
In Ohio, they issue a DL for one year from the application for H1B extension if the H1B has not been approved yet. It might be the same case in NC as well - it might be worth checking.

snathan
01-16-2009, 11:24 PM
hello all,

thanks.

In Dallas I couldnt get based on the receipt. They asked me the I-94. But it was for the H4.

Charlotte
05-21-2009, 05:57 PM
I tried applying for License Renewal inn NC when my H1 was pending with USCIS, they strictly told me that they will not issue the license until we get the approval notice from USCIS. if you have any luck please let me know?

abhi.dpnd
07-24-2013, 02:13 PM
Yes you can get the DL extended on H1B extension reciept. My scenario - Went to DMV and showed them all papers including the copy of extension reciept. DMV officer tried to find an end date and to extend license but couldnt. She then took out a DMV manual and searched for something and she extended my license for aroind 250 days. Conclusion - Probably there is a provision for such cases in DMV manual to extend such DLs for around 250 days. (Tip - Do not try to tell DMV officers the rule proactively. If they deny to extend you can tell him/her to check with some senior folks)