PDA

View Full Version : Replacement EAD - Different Validity

askreddy
01-07-2009, 10:58 PM
Hi

My priority date is Sep 2003 (EB3).

My previous EAD was expiring on 14-Oct-08. I applied for renewal and approved at the end of Sep 08.
But I never received them because of address change and even they didn't even reach USCIS.

I went to locak uscis office, they told me that the card id two year valid and since it didn't return to USCIS, I have to apply again.

So I applied again and got the EAD. I asked for replacement card.But today I got card for only one year validity but this valid from Dec 30 2008.
I am working on EAD no visa.

1) Can I ask them to give me the card with old validity for 2 years.

2) How about my work during oct, 14 to Dec 30.

Iam working for desi commpany.

Thanks
Sree

reddy_h
01-07-2009, 11:15 PM
Its illegal to work without EAD in hand even though it is approved unless you have other alternative (like H-1, L-1 etc.). Try not getting paid for that period and request if your employer can adjust your pay later on.

askreddy
01-07-2009, 11:22 PM
But I-9 gives you 90days grace period to provide documentation. I realy thought the card is going to be returned to USCIS and I will get them to new address.

Also When I ask for replacement card, they should give me the card with same validity as the old one.I already got my paychecks for this period.

reddy_h
01-07-2009, 11:41 PM
Oh really. Hmm. Keep the receipt and print out of the online approval status for your records and hope for the best.

askreddy
01-08-2009, 08:52 AM
Gurus,

Pls give ur views.

Thanks

askreddy
01-10-2009, 09:12 PM
Hi

I have receipt and took online status printout also. My second EAD was approved atleast 25 days before my first EAD expiration date.I was never without EAD while I was working.But for some time I don't have physical card.

Do I need to give two I9 forms to my employer.

Is there any issue that I need to take care here.Does anyone ask me in future about this.

Can I ask USCIS to give me duplicate approval notice?

Thanks in Advance.
Sree

rck4evr
01-11-2009, 09:25 AM
Hi,

I am in the same boat. Looks like my EAD is lost in the mail too.

1. How much time did it take to get a replacement EAD ?

2. Do you have to go for fingerprinting again ?

askreddy
01-11-2009, 02:44 PM
Hi

It took 15 days for me. I sent on 18th Dec and I got card on 6th. It was approved on 30th Dec.Checks cashed on 22nd Dec.

I appplied paper based.So no finger printing.I also added cover letter and asked the IO to expediate.

Apply paper based with covering letter asking the IO to expediate, in this way there will be no waiting for finger printing Etc...

Best of Luck.

Thanks

rck4evr
01-11-2009, 08:54 PM
Thanks very much for reply. I will do that.