PDA

View Full Version : Health Insurance and SSN

OBEROI
07-31-2011, 10:52 PM
Hello,

My sister has overstayed her visa for over 10 years, but she had received her SSN when she was in status.

She is wondering whether she can, as an illegal alien with a SSN, purchase health insurance from BCBS, Aetna etc. She is concerned whether the insurance companies ( in regards to healthcare reform laws) report to the USCIS about their customers' SSN and other private info.

Any advice will be much appreciated. Thanks

frustratingGC
07-31-2011, 11:57 PM
you raised question in a wrong forum...:p

ronhira
08-01-2011, 08:29 AM
this is another anti-immigrant ba$tard...... just pretending to ask a legit (but illegal) question..... better luck next time....

Hello,

My sister has overstayed her visa for over 10 years, but she had received her SSN when she was in status.

She is wondering whether she can, as an illegal alien with a SSN, purchase health insurance from BCBS, Aetna etc. She is concerned whether the insurance companies ( in regards to healthcare reform laws) report to the USCIS about their customers' SSN and other private info.

gc_check
08-01-2011, 08:35 AM
Hello,

Almost all members in the forum are LEGAL Immigrants or non-Immigrants in LEGAL STATUS trying to obtain Green Card holders or citizenship through the Employment Based categories. In the path we take, there is no room for being OUT OF STATUS or if you over stay a VISA, that is the end. Most might not any details and you might not get any answer for any non-legal or other cases like yours in this forum. Best option for you is to talk to an Immigration Attorney.

chikna
08-01-2011, 09:21 AM
Being illegal, how did you get SSN?

sorcerer666
08-01-2011, 01:47 PM
Being illegal, how did you get SSN?

The OP's sister got it when she was legal.
I don't think the insurance company would bother going through the hoops to report an illegal alien to the USCIS, they have better things to do, like denying claims and finding causes to deny legitimate claims.
Although, why is your sister still living here?? Does she also have some humanitarian reason to be here illegally ?? Please tell her to go back to her own country and come back legally and stand in line like everyone else!!