PDA

View Full Version : walk in for Finger print

SAPGURU
12-30-2008, 05:07 PM
Hi All,

I filed my I-485 in month of August 2008. I have FP appointment for me and my son on 31st Dec 2008, and for my wife on Jan 2nd 2009. Can my wife just walk in for finger print on 31st along with me and my son ? or she only need to go on 2nd Jan ?

Will appreciate your response.

Marphad
12-30-2008, 05:47 PM
Hi All,

I filed my I-485 in month of August 2008. I have FP appointment for me and my son on 31st Dec 2008, and for my wife on Jan 2nd 2009. Can my wife just walk in for finger print on 31st along with me and my son ? or she only need to go on 2nd Jan ?

Will appreciate your response.

I read one IV post where somebody did the say. They allowed wife's finger print also. You can always try!

waitnwatch
12-30-2008, 07:33 PM
The fingerprinting is generally scheduled to give enough time to the personnel at the center to do their job comfortably and not have a large waiting line. From my experience I found that the scheduling is loose and so the folks at the centers can accomodate an extra person very easily. Also these are contractors who get paid by the number of cases so they are okay with doing a fingerprinting if you turn up on an unscheduled day.

The best bet is to turn up on a weekday. I did this for both myself and my wife as we were headed to India the day our fingerprinting was scheduled. There was no one in line and the whole process took at most 10 minutes.

Hope this helps