PDA

View Full Version : I-140 Approved in EB3 and waiting for 3yrs H-1B extension. Can I switch my employer?

debasishjena
07-29-2011, 02:50 AM
My PERM, I-140 has been approved. I am waiting for my 3 years H1-B extension after the maxout date with my current company. The H1-B extension case is pending on RFE Review stage for 2 months now. I am nearing my maxout date (around 1 & 1/2 months left).

1. Can I transfer my H1 Visa to new employer if I am not receiving my H1 extension in 1-2 weeks? Is the employer switch a safe option or should I stay with the current company and wait for my H1-B extension?

2. If I want to change my employer will the new employer has to file a PERM before applying for H1 transfer? Actually I need the steps of Visa employer A to B once the PERM/I140 approved with A(transfer H1 first or apply PERM??).

Saralayar
07-29-2011, 10:52 AM
My PERM, I-140 has been approved. I am waiting for my 3 years H1-B extension after the maxout date with my current company. The H1-B extension case is pending on RFE Review stage for 2 months now. I am nearing my maxout date (around 1 & 1/2 months left).

1. Can I transfer my H1 Visa to new employer if I am not receiving my H1 extension in 1-2 weeks? Is the employer switch a safe option or should I stay with the current company and wait for my H1-B extension?

2. If I want to change my employer will the new employer has to file a PERM before applying for H1 transfer? Actually I need the steps of Visa employer A to B once the PERM/I140 approved with A(transfer H1 first or apply PERM??).
First provide your GC filing details in your profile. With that you will get correct information from the IV forum.