PDA

View Full Version : Petition to Congress to increase visa number / recapture lost EB visas etc.

jackbrown
07-27-2011, 08:58 PM
Update: I was asked by n Administrator (see msg below) to not create/post any petitions like this here. So i have removed the link and not asking people to sign this petition anymore. I will take it to other forums/blogs.
Thank you IV for your support.
and sorry for inconvenience and wasting bandwidth.

jackbrown
07-27-2011, 08:59 PM
Thank you in advance for signing.

Administrator2
07-27-2011, 09:19 PM
Please DO NOT waste your time and bandwidth to sign such nameless petitions. Signing such petitions is not going to help your application. If you truly want to help fix the backlogs, please call and schedule an appointment with your Representative and Senators and meet with them one-on-one. You will be surprised how easy it is to meet with the lawmakers and put forward your concern.

Also, please be aware that such petitions are usually started anonymously online and they are designed to collect your personal information, which could be used to support the agenda of the people who have your data, and, it is also possible for someone to use your information to market you products you don’t want to buy.

Immigration Voice is NOT endorsing such anonymous online petitions. Please consider this word of caution to protect yourself and not fall prey to possible online scams.

jackbrown
07-27-2011, 10:00 PM
Thank you for your support.
I will remove the petition post from your website.
Just so you know there has been over 3000 emails sent thru this petition in few days.
So i don't agree with you. It does make some impact.
But I am not here to argue with you here. I will see if i can remove it from here if not please feel free to remove the thread from your site.

Thanks

Administrator2
07-27-2011, 10:13 PM
Again, if I wasn't clear, we DO NOT support your anonymous petition.

3000 emails is not a measure of any kind of success. How do you know that 3000 emails were sent? Who received these email? Did anyone receive acknowledgement from any member of the Congress? How can someone trust that the content of the communication is not changed after people have signed the petition? We could generate 60,000 emails if it helps. But the fact is, sending blanket emails doesn't help. If laws were created by sending 3000 anonymous emails, then there would be no need to hire professionals.

If you are the one who created the petition then please make your information public so that people can trust you. For example - IV core team information, their names and their bio is available on this website. You are collecting personal information of others, why would you be reluctant to share the your similar information with those you wish to court for this petition.

We will not delete this thread so that we can caution the community and raise awareness against such blanket anonymous online signing of a petition without knowing all the pros and cons. In the end it is the choice of each individual.

jackbrown
07-27-2011, 10:24 PM
I am not saying just 3000 emails thru this petition will change congress or your 60,000 emails will do anything to change. But collectively 100 different efforts (some 3000 emails like mine, some 60,000 like you) will make an impact (again collectively) so please do not discourage people from signing any petition. I didn't ask you to endorse here on this thread.
I do not want to argue with you and I am not here to promote any product or website or my application. I will see if i can delete my profile from your site so I don't bother you with any petition to help immigrant community.

jackbrown
07-27-2011, 10:27 PM
FYI.
Petition link has been removed.

Administrator2
07-27-2011, 10:33 PM
If there was even a slightest possibility that such online petitions would help, IV would create a new petition everyday. But the truth is, such anonymous online petitions have no meaning or influence in the life of any policy or bill.

You are free to purse what you believe in. Knowing well that such online petitions have effect on public policy, our conscious does not allow us to be quiet when we see that you are asking others to sign such petition anonymously.

jackbrown
07-27-2011, 10:58 PM
Boy, You do want me to argue.
Is it written in US constitution that if someone signs an online petition and sends it through an email, congress and the president is not allowed to look at it?
Can you show any data/research/proof showing that petitions have no impacts?
I can give you an example of exactly opposite. Yesterday lots of congressmen's websites were down, email accounts were full because of influx of emails and phone calls from people about raising debt ceiling. And congress did notice that and media noticed it too and people noticed it too that lots and lots of people did something about it. The point behind that was to let congress know what people want. If congress does something or not about it is not in our hands but I think our job is to make sure that they know about what we want.
So if you are able to convince 60,000 people to sign your own petition tomorrow morning. I think there will be a big impact on congress.
And in the end I am not guessing here or assuming here anything, but i have done/seen things getting done like banning smoking in the city/ starting recycling facility in city//etc. through petitions.
So please don't tell me that petitions don't work. You can say, you don't know how to use the power of petitions even though you have access to a group of 60,000 people thru IV.

imh1b
07-28-2011, 10:04 AM
Is it written in US constitution that if someone signs an online petition and sends it through an email, congress and the president is not allowed to look at it?
I can give you an example of exactly opposite. Yesterday lots of congressmen's websites were down, email accounts were full because of influx of emails and phone calls from people about raising debt ceiling. And congress did notice that and media noticed it too and people noticed it too that lots and lots of people did something about it. The point behind that was to let congress know what people want. If congress does something or not about it is not in our hands but I think our job is to make sure that they know about what we want.
So if you are able to convince 60,000 people to sign your own petition tomorrow morning. I think there will be a big impact on congress.
And in the end I am not guessing here or assuming here anything, but i have done/seen things getting done like banning smoking in the city/ starting recycling facility in city//etc. through petitions.
So please don't tell me that petitions don't work. You can say, you don't know how to use the power of petitions even though you have access to a group of 60,000 people thru IV.

Your reply shows that you are definately a disgrace to the entire high skilled workers.

Don't you have any brains to understand what is being explained. What is your education level? What work do you do? Did you even go to college? How is your employer tolerating you?

People like you will sit in their hole and churn out these emails and do nothing. If you have a backbone, go and get yourself interviewed on TV with your name and face. You go and protest in DC and get attention.

Anyone can write a program to send 10 million emails a day. Will it do anything?

You are a fool of an industrial size. And you call yourself 'Best and the brightest'?

thankgod
07-28-2011, 11:20 AM

Mr. Jack Brown - Keep Quite.

blacktongue
07-28-2011, 02:56 PM
Jackbrown

Perfect opportunity.
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum16-iv-agenda-and-legislative-updates/2280776-media-opportunity-for-members.html

Have courage? Challange.