PDA

View Full Version : EAD to H1B

strafforddude
12-14-2008, 04:54 PM
Hi,

I am working for campany A on H1B visa. Company A sponsored my GC. My I-140 & I-485 are pending. I am offered a full time job at company B. Company B is not willing to apply for H1B, so i have to use my EAD. My current employer (Company A) agreed to let me go and supportive of my decision.

Question: If i use my EAD to join company B without informing USCIS, and at later point join my sponsoring employer (Company A) on same H1b which i have right now will it be a issue ?

Is there any way USCIS coming to know that i switched employees in between.

Thank you !!

laksmi
12-14-2008, 07:49 PM
Better to wait until I140 gets approved to use your EAD.

cooler
12-15-2008, 01:20 PM
IMHO, If you have a valid H1b visa, then you need to be gainfully employed to keep the visa valid and that would mean you continue to get paid. If not, then that that is a problem. Joining the 2nd company on EAD is not a problem. Coming back to the 1st company on EAD is not a problem either. If you want to keep your H!b alive/valid, then I would suggest that you port/transfer your H1b visa to the 2nd company and when you are done with him, transfer h1b back to 1st company.

Seems like a lot of trouble to keep the h1b visa valid, but then again, that is one of the options.

strafforddude
12-15-2008, 02:41 PM
Hi Cooler,

Thank you for your response. Company B is not willing to sponsor H1B.

Lets say if campany A keeps paying me (runs my payroll with salary specified on my H1 petition) Will that keep my H1b alive and active when i work on EAD for company B ? ( Did i get that right )

Will USCIS know that i have switched jobs in between ?

What does IMHO mean ?

Thank you for your help