PDA

View Full Version : EAD extension not yet received. Can I still work on H1

buehler
12-12-2008, 06:10 PM
Hi,

The last time I came back into this country, I used my AP as I didn't have my H1 stamped. My H1 is valid till 2010.

My EAD expired last month and my bumbling lawyer did not send in the I-485 copy and hence there was an RFE. So I still do not have an EAD approval.

Would it be safe to get paid this month or should I have my company process this month's salary after I get my EAD approved?

Siva

laksmi
12-12-2008, 07:23 PM
You are not supposed to work on EAD until unless itís renewed that is sure, you can work on H1B for your H1B employer if H1B is not revoked.
I suggest a attorneys advice on H1B once.

ssdtm
12-12-2008, 09:43 PM
Did you ever used EAD? Just getting an EAD does not mean you were on EAD.
Also AP does not invilidate your H1. If you are working with the H1 sponsoring employer and never used EAD, then you need not worry.

buehler
12-13-2008, 07:06 PM
Did you ever used EAD? Just getting an EAD does not mean you were on EAD.
Also AP does not invilidate your H1. If you are working with the H1 sponsoring employer and never used EAD, then you need not worry.

ssdtm & laksmi,

Thanks for your replies. I am still working for my H1 job. But I did use my EAD for some time to do a part time job. I have not done any part time work since the EAD expired.

Can I still get my pay from my H1 job or should I wait for EAD approval?

ssdtm
12-13-2008, 07:49 PM
To be 100% safe, wait for EAD.

But there are many threads where folks have given their inputs per consultation from their lawyers and have mentioned that EAD "part time" does not invalidate your regular H1 as long as you have continued with your regular H1 employment. Your case is in a grey area.