PDA

View Full Version : Ques: Risk of revoking 140 and loosing PD

DesiGuy
07-18-2011, 07:32 AM
hi all,

My current employer A filed for LC in EB3 (I) category, then filed i-140 which is also approved but I have been waiting for PD (Jan 2003) to become current.

I am trying to switch employer and port from EB3 to EB2 which is current for my PD.

There is 'risk/chance' that my current employer may revoke the i-140.

So, I am trying to understand at what stage the old PD gets safely ported over to new employer filing and I should not worry.

step 1: new employer B files for LC with porting to EB2, and retains PD of jan 2003
step 2: LC with EB2, is apporved
step 3: new employer files for i-140 premium processing
step 4: i-140 is approved

for example, at what stage from above will the 'porting to EB2 with PD of Jan 2003' complete and I can safely switch employers withougt worrying of 140 revocation.

Thanks very much.

Cheran
07-18-2011, 11:18 AM
hi all,

My current employer A filed for LC in EB3 (I) category, then filed i-140 which is also approved but I have been waiting for PD (Jan 2003) to become current.

I am trying to switch employer and port from EB3 to EB2 which is current for my PD.

There is 'risk/chance' that my current employer may revoke the i-140.

So, I am trying to understand at what stage the old PD gets safely ported over to new employer filing and I should not worry.

step 1: new employer B files for LC with porting to EB2, and retains PD of jan 2003
step 2: LC with EB2, is apporved
step 3: new employer files for i-140 premium processing
step 4: i-140 is approved

for example, at what stage from above will the 'porting to EB2 with PD of Jan 2003' complete and I can safely switch employers withougt worrying of 140 revocation.

Thanks very much.

AC 21 is what I am doing, I am sure my company will cancel my 140 too. They use fragomen and i am 100 % positive that they will cancel it. I was informed (by my future employer) that even if they cancel it I can continue the process as long as AC 21 is filed.

Also, immigration voice has a huge forum, which talks about this and it will be very helpful.
Good Luck

immigrant2007
07-18-2011, 11:35 AM
Hi friends, best wishes to both of you. I hope and iwsh that you get your GC soon. Its good that you decided to act rather than to wait and watch

DesiGuy
07-18-2011, 12:00 PM
my 140 in eb3 (i) from current employer is approved, and meet conditions for new job, so ok for porting to eb2 for new role.

I dont have an EAD number...so AC21 option is not for me.

my company also uses Fragomen, so really need to know at what stage revocation of 140 wont affect porting my PD to new employers eb2 application.

appreciate thoughts/comments.

thanks.