PDA

View Full Version : GC Holders (PR)'s returning back to US...need your finger printing experience

reddyram
07-07-2011, 12:52 PM
1st time I came back to US on GC ....I got "Eight Printed" that is 4 right and 4 left fingers ( minus the thumb - thumb inclusive is called "Ten printed" i believe ) ... now 2nd time I got 4 printed at the Port of entry ( only right hand 4 fingers minus thumb )
I wonder what is the meaning of getting Eight printed vs four printed.. is that a sign of something ..? what does it mean ..? can someone tell me ... their experience at the port of entry , while on GC...did they get finger printed at all.
Also last time - I went without any Questions..this time they asked me .... what did you for .? where did you go ..how long was your trip etc....
should I be worried. It is abs not poss to be remain in US 12 / 12 months because I have finaicial interests that I have to close down in India and ABove all rest of family is in India. So till I get US Citizenship I have to do this back and forth thing.
I would like to collect experiences of other GC holders in same situation .

baldev.thakur
08-15-2011, 07:35 PM
I too am curious. I just returned back ...but I dont remember how many fingers they took photuu of . i think it was both hands...

krish2006
09-26-2011, 02:23 PM
reddyram/baldev,

Did you submit your I-94 to airline while traveling for the first time after your GC approval?

Since 485 approval immediately voids non immigrant status (H1B) and hence I-94 as well.

Just curious ,

reddyram
09-26-2011, 03:12 PM
No I did not. Even if you do it does not matter.
Please note our FP exp and record it here for sake of members if its not an issue 4 u
good luck

krish2006
09-26-2011, 04:30 PM
OK, Thanks!

I think starting in 2009, green card holders are also required to provide their fingerprints, photos and other biometric data when they arrive at a U.S. port of entry for identification purposes.

read more about it here or simply do a web search

ALIPAC - Green card holders to be fingerprinted (http://www.alipac.us/article3864.html)

reddyram
09-27-2011, 03:28 AM
Yes that I know - law changed in 09 . But I am curious as to when the 8 finger print you vs FP just the index finger and what that means - 8 FPrinting Vs regular one

krish2006
09-29-2011, 05:12 PM
Yes that I know - law changed in 09 . But I am curious as to when the 8 finger print you vs FP just the index finger and what that means - 8 FPrinting Vs regular one

upon re-entry, do they write "ARC" in your passport and also did they write anything like
"until : 1 month" ?? or some time line

appreciate your input

reddyram
09-29-2011, 05:33 PM
upon re-entry, do they write "ARC" in your passport and also did they write anything like
"until : 1 month" ?? or some time line

appreciate your input

there is just an immigrations stamp ...nothing more..it does not say anything more ..obviously there is no expiration