PDA

View Full Version : Parent visiting, I 134 bank statement question.

troika
07-04-2011, 11:34 AM
Hello,
I am filing the I-134 affidavit of support for my mom wanting to visit the US and the instructions require a bank statement & letter of employment proof. Both have to be on official stationery and signed by a manager.
Problem is as follows:
1. My bank, BOAmerica only provided a generic letter (not letterhead) stating ALL the needed info but without a manager's signature. When I initially requested this letter, the customer svc rep insisted she knew what I wanted and assured me that the bank has a standard format that it issues in support of the I-134 application. In addition, she also mentioned that it would be on official bank letterhead and signed, none of occurred in reality.

2. About proof of employment and salary, my company likewise only provides a generic letter in PDF format that can be printed and used. Again, the letter bears the HR dept toll free number but no signature.

My question is, will both these be accepted by the US consulate in Chennai or do they insist on official stationery and signatures. The application procedure is quite standardized and I am assuming others faced similar situations.
Please advise.

Many thanks,
tka

gc_vbin
07-04-2011, 12:09 PM
I had used this letter from BofA back in 2008 for my parents. This should be good enough..just include last six months account statements along with the letter. On another note the visa officer didn't ask for any of these documents when parents went for the interview...

Hello,
I am filing the I-134 affidavit of support for my mom wanting to visit the US and the instructions require a bank statement & letter of employment proof. Both have to be on official stationery and signed by a manager.
Problem is as follows:
1. My bank, BOAmerica only provided a generic letter (not letterhead) stating ALL the needed info but without a manager's signature. When I initially requested this letter, the customer svc rep insisted she knew what I wanted and assured me that the bank has a standard format that it issues in support of the I-134 application. In addition, she also mentioned that it would be on official bank letterhead and signed, none of occurred in reality.

2. About proof of employment and salary, my company likewise only provides a generic letter in PDF format that can be printed and used. Again, the letter bears the HR dept toll free number but no signature.

My question is, will both these be accepted by the US consulate in Chennai or do they insist on official stationery and signatures. The application procedure is quite standardized and I am assuming others faced similar situations.
Please advise.

Many thanks,
tka

troika
07-04-2011, 12:20 PM
I had used this letter from BofA back in 2008 for my parents. This should be good enough..just include last six months account statements along with the letter. On another note the visa officer didn't ask for any of these documents when parents went for the interview...

Thanks a lot for the response. 6 mos bank statements have been included.

Cheers again,
tka

smuggymba
07-25-2011, 08:40 AM
Hello,
Problem is as follows:

Please advise.

Many thanks,
tka

BoA gives a generic letter...I have used in 4 times - no problem. Include current and average balance for 6 months.

number30
07-25-2011, 11:08 AM
Is there any age limit for visitor visa as holiday working visa? as the person only upto 30 years of age can apply for holiday working visa.

In US there is no holiday working visa