PDA

View Full Version : Message on Change.gov

kc_p21
12-06-2008, 10:17 PM
We should send at least 100 emails via change.gov to Mr. Obama's team on Legal Immigration.

http://change.gov/page/s/immigration

Please urge new administration to support three bills by Joe Lofgren: HR 5882, HR 5921 & HR 6039 . This will be very helpful.

1. log on to change.gov, create your profile (use a legal email addresss)

2. go to http://change.gov/page/content/openf...tions20081229/

input "legal immigration" and hit search questions and vote for all legal immigration questions

3. You can also post your own question

alterego
12-06-2008, 11:03 PM
I think each person can write their own story and here are a few writing points as appropriate.

1) How long you have been here, and how despite your contributions in work and taxes, creativity(of jobs?) and maintainineg legal status, you have been left in a difficult spot of no permanency of status.

2) How you have benefited from this country and would like to give back, and understood that to be the tradition on which america was built.

3) If you have US born Children. That it would be unjust to ask them to be brought up elsewhere.

4) That your entrepreneural ideas have been held back by your inability to have permanency of tenure here.

5) That you never understood that to be the way it is done in America. However, a little voice keeps telling you to never quit on America, as she eventually gets it right.

6) That you have been unable to buy a home due to this issue and wonder why it is that you can't help yourself while helping America. That you have a stable job, 20% down, excellent credit and the whole nine yards except the green card. That there are thousands like you waiting to jump in.

7) How the US gov't bureaucracy has "wasted" over half a million green cards already allocated annually by congress, all happened while there were years long queues and merely recapturing those visas has been blocked by gridlock.

8) Mention Immigrationvoice in your e mail, and state that we have some great ideas on how to make the EB system more efficient and would love to be engaged in improving the system.

Jaime
12-06-2008, 11:55 PM
Sent my immigration story to Obama, let's all do it!

kc_p21
12-07-2008, 12:14 AM
I used points provided by altergo to send my story.

Thanks altergo.

glus
12-07-2008, 10:27 AM
I sent my story as well.

ajay
12-07-2008, 01:08 PM
I also used points provided by altergo to send my story. Let us see if all of this will make some help in getting some real help.

Thanks to altergo for initiating this.

Jaime
12-07-2008, 04:51 PM
bump

satyasaich
12-07-2008, 05:00 PM
Hope the Change will come for us as well

gjoe
12-08-2008, 12:31 AM
Two thumbs up to whoever came up with this idea. I would suggest some of us should apply for jobs in his administration since we already have our EAD. We can submit our resume on the www.change.gov site.:)

chanduv23
12-08-2008, 12:11 PM
excellent stuff - everyone must send their stories. Kudos to this thread starter - please keep this thread on top.

Mods - can we hardwire this thread?

santb1975
12-08-2008, 12:27 PM
I will send my story too

laborchic
12-08-2008, 01:12 PM
This is an excellent idea. For those who have already registered on change.gov know how effectively the president-elect is using this website. I get regular updates on whats happening with their healthcare initiative and they also regularly ask for people's opinion on different issues.

Alterego: Great point-to-point elaboration. Folks remember to add up your own story based on these points and I think we can expect some positive results.

We need to increase the intensity of this campaign.

vphope
12-08-2008, 01:15 PM
I also sent the email about my struggle and the way immigration system is messed up..

gc_on_demand
12-08-2008, 01:32 PM
I sent message.. Please sent asap..

GCOP
12-08-2008, 02:48 PM
Friends, I already have expressed the views regarding Recapturing/ temporarily increasing Employment Based Visa Numbers for Greencard, on change.gov website . I have been getting E-mails from Transition Team. I have pasted this recent E-mail which is about Meeting with Transition Team. I think, IV Core Team members or/and people living around Chicago area should arrange meeting with Transition Team, and express and suggest our ideas regarding Recapture/Temporary Increase EB greencard Numbers to clear the backlog.

Your seat at the table‏
From: John Podesta
To: All Obama-Biden Transition Project Staff
Date: December 4, 2008
Re: "Seat at the Table" Transparency Policy -- EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY

Overview:
As an extension of the unprecedented ethics guidelines already in place for the Obama-Biden Transition Project, we take another significant step towards transparency of our efforts for the American people. Every day, we meet with organizations who present ideas for the Transition and the Administration, both orally and in writing. We want to ensure that we give the American people a "seat at the table" and that we receive the benefit of their feedback.

Accordingly, any documents from official meetings with outside organizations will be posted on our website for people to review and comment on. In addition to presenting ideas as individuals at www.change.gov, the American people deserve a "seat at the table" as we receive input from organizations and make decisions. In the interest of protecting the personal privacy of individuals, this policy does not apply to personnel matters and hiring recommendations.

Scope:
The following information will be posted on our website:
1. Documents: All policy documents1 and written policy recommendations from official meetings2 with outside organizations.
2. Meetings: The date and organizations represented at official meetings in the Transition headquarters or agency offices, with any documents presented as noted above.

This scope is a floor, not a ceiling, and all staff are strongly encouraged to include additional materials. Such materials could include documents (recommendations, press releases, etc.) presented in smaller meetings or materials or made public by the outside organization without a connection to an official meeting.

If you have any questions as to whether documents should be included, please email [REDACTED].

Process:
Prior to an official meeting with an outside organization or organizations, Obama-Biden Transition Project staff members will inform attendees that any documents provided will be posted on our "Seat at the Table" website found at www.change.gov. Suggested language for email invitations is: "By presenting or submitting any document at a meeting with the Obama-Biden Transition Project, you agree to allow the document to be made public and posted on www.change.gov." At the completion of each meeting or upon receipt of such documents, Transition staff will provide the documents to [REDACTED] with the date of the meeting, a list of the organizations in attendance, and the topic of the meeting.

Notes:
1) This policy does not apply to non-public or classified information acquired from the Agency Review Process and internal memorandum.
2) An "official meeting" is defined as a meeting with outside organizations or representatives of those organizations to which three or more outside participants attend.

zerozerozeven
12-08-2008, 03:02 PM
i sent my comments on change.gov on how the immigration system needs a overhaul

NYC-circuit
12-08-2008, 05:28 PM
Hope there will be CHANGE

prince_charming
12-08-2008, 06:11 PM
I sent a congratulations and my message for legal immigration system.

munnu77
12-08-2008, 06:25 PM
Tell them how people are reluctant to make an investment in this country just bcos of this uncertainty..Make our story more about this country than just 'us'.

kc_p21
12-09-2008, 10:29 AM
Bump!!

RNGC
12-09-2008, 04:11 PM
Should we send at least 100 emails via change.gov to Mr. Obama's team on Legal Immigration?

http://change.gov/page/s/immigration

Can anyone draft a sample email explaining our concerns?

sending a email right now....

this should be a action item....Instead of canned template, each one of us should write our story...do mention the bills by Joe Lofgren...

laborchic
12-09-2008, 06:33 PM
Bump Bump..

Folks dont let this thread die..

Moderators can we have link of this thread posted on the homepage????

breddy2000
12-09-2008, 07:36 PM
Bump Bump..

Folks dont let this thread die..

Moderators can we have link of this thread posted on the homepage????

Posted my comments ....

kc_p21
12-11-2008, 09:42 AM
Bump!!

nk2006
12-11-2008, 12:02 PM
Thanks for the effort.

I posted my comments and my story (with links to couple articles that were published sometime back about my case in a newspaper).

Lets add more stories. As someone already suggested lets concentrate on how our GC can contribute to the economy - buying a house/establishing a company/etc. I also quoted some of the recent studies that showed how immigrant entrepreneurs positively contributed to the economy (couple links from IV).

kiran_k02
12-11-2008, 01:05 PM
Sent my immigration story to Obama through this site. Please do your part and send your story.

Every story counts towards making Congress take some action to resolve current Immigration issues.

jungalee43
12-11-2008, 02:52 PM
I'd posted a detailed message last month under "immigration" on change.gov about the completely broken employment based immigration system.
I am receiving auto e-mails from them, I am talking about those e-mails which everyone receives from John Podesta.

prince_waiting
12-11-2008, 04:02 PM
Left a message which pointed out the fact that around 500000 highly skilled immigrants are waiting to buy a house (median price 250000) resulting in 12.5 billion USD worth business being conducted.

oliTwist
12-11-2008, 04:23 PM
Is there any place where we have the remedies mentioned for thsi mess?

I had used the points that I had sent to President's letter earlier.

Recapture administratively the unused visas for permanent residency to fulfill the congressional mandate of 140,000 green cards per year.
Revise the administrative definition of "same or similar" to allow slight additional job flexibility for legal immigrants awaiting adjudication of adjustment of status (I-485) petitions.
Allow filing of Adjustment of Status (Form I-485) when a visa number is not available.
Implement the existing interim rule to allow issuance of multi-year Employment Authorization Documents (EAD) and Advance Parole.
Allow visa revalidation in the United States.
Reinstate premium processing of Immigrant Petitions.

Jaime
12-11-2008, 04:56 PM
I put mine in, let's go for more than 100 and don't forget to "bump" this message so it stays at the top!

<<<BUMP>>>

gccovet
12-11-2008, 05:02 PM
Done, added my story as well.
-GCCovet

kavita
12-11-2008, 05:16 PM
I sent my message last month.
I tried to focus on the economy and made my case of how giving me the green card early could benefit US economy in a small way.

conundrum
12-11-2008, 06:14 PM
Just now posted my story. Hopefully this gets somewhere

maddipati1
12-11-2008, 11:24 PM
sent my story just now.

highlighted,

- wasted visas in 140K quota in last 5 years and requesting them to recapture.

- decision to hold on buying house due to uncertainity in GC.

keep up the good work guys.

sri1309
12-12-2008, 07:35 AM
Please keep doing it.. I sent 5 times already. Ask your spouse, friends all, to do thier part.
Highlight the important points

kc_p21
12-12-2008, 11:54 AM
After sending their stories?

needhelp!
12-12-2008, 12:09 PM
I had sent mine a while back. This is the least we can do as individuals.

kc_p21
12-15-2008, 11:13 AM
with bill by Zoe.

THanks

RNGC
12-15-2008, 03:41 PM
bump

GCneeded
12-15-2008, 05:29 PM
Posted my story and highlighted our cause.

sri1309
12-15-2008, 09:57 PM
sent my story again.. pls keep writing..tell them that this action need not wait on anything..

chanduv23
12-16-2008, 12:19 PM
Folks - this campaign is endorsed by IV core. This is a very important campaign moving forward with the new president.

This thread always remains on top to get more visibility. Please send your stories and also urge everyone you know to send their stories

Vsach
12-16-2008, 11:13 PM
Hi Chanduv,

Possible to post a format on IV...with information pertaining to visa recapture etc.

Regards
Vsach

sri1309
12-17-2008, 09:24 AM
Folks - this campaign is endorsed by IV core. This is a very important campaign moving forward with the new president.

This thread always remains on top to get more visibility. Please send your stories and also urge everyone you know to send their stories

Chandu,
I am not sure if you are moderator, if so, we request you have it as an IV action item in home page. Having been with this excellant forum for more than a year now most of us DO know if IV core endorse it or not ..If you notice , you will see my last posts stil in the same page.. meaning reponse isnt that great. Please drive it more..
Thanks in advance..

chanduv23
12-17-2008, 11:18 AM
Hi Chanduv,

Possible to post a format on IV...with information pertaining to visa recapture etc.

Regards
Vsach

Sure, anyone can come up with a template. It is members who drive this thread. IV is all of us, you and me and all

chanduv23
12-17-2008, 11:20 AM
Chandu,
I am not sure if you are moderator, if so, we request you have it as an IV action item in home page. Having been with this excellant forum for more than a year now most of us DO know if IV core endorse it or not ..If you notice , you will see my last posts stil in the same page.. meaning reponse isnt that great. Please drive it more..
Thanks in advance..

Hi Sri - I am not moderator - but a member like you. This thread has been hardwired so it remains on top of all posts.

IV is all of us and no need to wait from moderator for approval. If you think that a moderator or an administrator stamp is necessary, pappu can post a message on this if it helps.

IV is us all and members MUST drive campaigns. Thats how IV has always been and survived because of members taking causes

sri1309
12-18-2008, 12:15 AM
Hi Sri - I am not moderator - but a member like you. This thread has been hardwired so it remains on top of all posts.

IV is all of us and no need to wait from moderator for approval. If you think that a moderator or an administrator stamp is necessary, pappu can post a message on this if it helps.

IV is us all and members MUST drive campaigns. Thats how IV has always been and survived because of members taking causes

Chandu,

Great. I am with you. I didnt mean to have their stamp. I only meant the thread be on the top and thought only moderators or admins can do it. I didnt know if this thread was hardwired, which is exactly what I wanted. This has to be on the top.
Thanks,
Sri,
Please keep writing, non stop.

ita
12-20-2008, 11:08 AM
I don't how to start a poll but wouldn't it be nice to see how many of us mailed so we can have a count?

Thank you.

rameshvaid
12-21-2008, 12:34 PM
I mailed my story too..

RV

rameshvaid
12-22-2008, 07:35 AM
Any one else ready to share his story...

RV

sri1309
12-22-2008, 09:04 AM
Minimal response so far. Please have this as an action item and please remove all the old links that are less valid now. If we can have some fresh links and those which can blink , it may attract attention. I know the other way will be when the situation changes like a job loss or out of status.. but I think we dont need to wait too long..

amitjoey
12-22-2008, 03:29 PM
Dear Sir/Madam

I have been in the country Legally on a student visa and then on a work visa for 10 years. I have been in line and have applied for a greencard 6 years ago and my application has been shuttled through various departments and agencies in a 4 step procedure and now being stalled for want of a number (An immigrant number) for a highly skilled immigrant. There are an estimated 1/2 million legal law abiding, tax paying individuals in a similar situation who need your attention. All of them are in the country on a work visa and are in line to recieve an employment based green card.

The Employment based green card system is completely broken due to excessive delays and backlogs in petitions of nearly half a million highly skilled workers who are certified by US Government to be doing a job that no US citizen is willing, qualified or able to do. The delays in obtaining a permanent residency are due to 2 reasons: Numerical caps on employment-based green cards and processing delays in adjudication of files. Today the system takes anywhere between 6-12 years to grant Green cards to some of the best and brightest of the world who have chosen America as their future home.

These future Americans are facing huge quality of life issues and their employers are facing difficulty in attracting more of the best and brightest of the world due to the broken system. The system prevents these workers from accepting promotions and switching jobs for the time-period it takes to process their files. By stagnating career growth and suffocating the creativity of the most innovative and technical minds of the world.
The processing delays mock America’s respect for those who “play by the rules” and get in line. At the same time USCIS awards 10s of thousands of greencards to people every year outside of USA based on a pick or lottery.

At the end of 2006, there were an estimated 200,000 employment-based principals waiting for labor certification, which is the first step in the U.S. immigration process. The number of pending I-140 applications, the second step of the immigration process, stood at 50,132. This was over seven times the number in 1996. The number of employment-based principals with approved I-140 applications and unfiled or pending I-485s, or the last step in the immigration process, was 309,823, a threefold increase from a decade earlier. Overall, there were 500,040 employment-based principals (in the three main employment visa categories of EB-1, EB-2, and EB-3) waiting for legal permanent residence. And the total including family members was 1,055,084.

These numbers are particularly troubling when you consider there are only around 120,000 visas available for skilled immigrants in the EB-1, EB-2, and EB-3 categories. To make things worse, no more than 7 percent of the visas are allocated to immigrants from any one country. So immigrants from countries with large populations like India and China have the same number of visas available (8,400) as those from Iceland and Poland.

At the same time, a debate rages about H-1B visas and this gets considerable press coverage. Companies such as Microsoft, Intel, and Oracle have been lobbying for visas to bring in skilled immigrants, but have focused on expanding the numbers of H-1B visas available. Why? Perhaps because workers on these visas are desirable, as they are less likely to leave their employers during the decade or more they are waiting for permanent residence.

So we want skilled immigrants, but we want them to come on the right visas as permanent residents. The battles being fought are about bringing in more people with H-1B visas—not about those who are already here with them and stranded in “immigration limbo.”

Unlike many of the problems facing the United States, this one isn’t hard to fix. All we have to do is to increase the number of visas offered to skilled workers in the EB-1, EB-2, and EB-3 categories from 120,000 to around 300,000 per year. And we need to remove the per-country limits. Instead of requiring graduates from top universities who receive jobs from American corporations to go through the tedious H-1B visa process, we should provide a direct path to permanent residence. We are now competing with the rest of the world for the best talent. We need to do all we can to attract and keep skilled immigrants, rather than bring them here temporarily, train them, and send them home.
One more most important aspect is also to provide an oversight over USCIS. Presently, processing delays, lost paperwork, incourteous and bad customer service and above all a non-transparent system is what immigrants face. Why should legal tax paying immigrants wait in line patiently for half a decade and pay high fees to get lousy customer service and no accountability for fees?.

Yours truely,
Frustrated, law abiding, tax paying immigrant

nishant2200
12-22-2008, 04:09 PM
Dear President-elect and transition team,
I am really excited by the change and new hope your administration is promising.
My story is of a bright engineering student from India, who came to USA to study a graduate degree from one of the top engineering schools in USA. I graduated with a 3.6 GPA with a Masters degree In Computer Engineering and Electrical Engineering from top 10 engineering school, University of Southern California in 2004.
I immediately joined a company, working in the Health care industry and providing software for many of the most large and research labs in the country, providing patient care to all parts of the country.
We applied for a Permanent Residence visa in the Employment Based Second (EB2) category. I have not missed a single paycheck since nearly 4 years, paid all my taxes in February 2nd week latest each year. I have studied in a premier school of USA and contributed to research and studies for nearly 3 and half years there.
There is a huge backlog of visas in the employment based categories. The backlog is in hundreds of thousands. There is a limitation of 120,000 visas each year, with a limitation of around 8400 visas for countries. This means countries like India and China which contribute the most to legal employment based immigration look at a wait of 6 to 10 years. In this time, we cannot take career decisions, are afraid to buy houses, are afraid to invest in 401k and retirement schemes, all life decisions come to a halt.
During the past years, a lot of visa numbers were left uncaptured because of processing delays. Also, family numbers count for single visa numbers. And there is a per country numerical limitation which is unfair to countries like India or China. There is no consideration for applicants with graduate and PhD degrees in Science, Engineering or Math.
Generally the illegal immigration gets all the focus, with us, legal immigrants, not even getting a mention. H1 visa category is chastised and in bad press, but we are all but a very few number of intending immigrants, who instead of taking jobs, are contributing to economy, legally residing and want to be a part of the great country. Many bills HR 5882, HR 5921 & HR 6039 are already in government waiting for action.
Please help the legally employment based immigration group.
Thanks,
A law abiding, tax paying, hopeful.

ajp5
12-22-2008, 07:22 PM
I did too.......also mentioned that I like many others on this forum are not a Statistic...we are not numbers.....we are not EB twos and threes....we are for real.

alterego
12-22-2008, 07:45 PM
Guys, please make mention about the wastage of estimated over half a million visas over the last decade due to bureaucratic and processing inefficiencies at the USCIS, while we have been waiting patiently.
The best outcome for us in all honesty would be a visa recapture legislation to get those of us at the 485 stage out of the system.

xela
12-23-2008, 11:47 AM
I hope this will make them see that something needs to happen ;-)

merry christmas and to the ones not celebrating christmas happy time off work ;-)

newuser
12-23-2008, 11:51 AM
Posted my story too

sj2273
12-23-2008, 04:13 PM
done!
Happy New Year everyone!

sanjaymm
12-24-2008, 12:21 PM
Freedom and Liberty has been the founding principle of USA. Freedom to change, to improve and to grow has lured immigrants to USA over ages. However, same freedom is denied to LEGAL employment based immigrants. USA boasts of equal rights and opportunity to everyone. However equality is denied to employment based immigrants.

I came to USA in 2001 along with my family, to work as an IT manager. My green card was applied in 2003. I have been dutifully contributing to US economy, in form of my labor and taxes. However, due to immigration laws, I am stuck to a particular job profile. I can not accept any promotions or job enlargement offers. I am even barred from attending full time school, to enhance my skills. My dependents are not eligible to any educational aids, since we are not green card holders yet. I can not buy a house for the fear of losing it. In case of job loss, I have to seek a job in same job profile within 2 months, or loose whatever I have worked hard for in prime years of my life. In spite of paying all taxes, I am not eligible for any kind of unemployment benefits.

I have been waiting patiently for last five year for my green card. Looking at the snail pace of process it will be several decades before, I get it. Has US stopped caring about intellects at all? Why can’t US politicians see a potential brain drain coming?

I request you to take reforming immigration process, making USCIS accountable on top priority. The law should also have a maximum wait period for green card identified. No one should be put through an ordeal of an endless wait.

crazyAbtUS
12-24-2008, 04:36 PM
Done

laborchic
12-26-2008, 04:06 PM
Great stuff folks..

I convinced more people from my office to send a message on change.gov. Even US citizens who respect your work could send a message to the transition team saying that they are for the legal and highly skilled immigrants...

Getting recommendations from your bosses, managers and co-workers may also be helpful. Its very unusual for the USCIS/Immigration dept people to hear good things about the immigrants from US Citizens.

These days lots of people are talking about the transition at work and they know about change.gov website. If you know good friends who can write for you then that could be of great help.

I have a feeling that some good news is coming up in the pipeline. Was reading about Janet Naplolitano and Silos in today's NY times editorial.

Lets give it a best shot here guys..:)

rkgc
12-29-2008, 06:44 PM
done, thanks for the link

designserve
12-29-2008, 08:05 PM
Hi Guys

I have posted a question in change.gov in the Science and Technology section.
http://change.gov/page/content/openforquestions_20081217_private_url

The name I have posted on is Shanky.The more interest shown on the question,the more chances I have got to get it replied.Can many of us in this forum show interest in the question by clicking on Yes?

If all of us post similar questions,that will help too.I can go and click on it.

Thanks

rajuseattle
12-29-2008, 08:20 PM
I just submit my story to the obama-biden transition team.

IV members please visit the website link provided by IV and submit your stories to the transition team.

Hope they hear us and do something to get some kind of administrative relief for employment based legal immigrants.

For India/China both EB-2 and EB-3 are heavily backlogged and unless the new administration recaptures lost visa numbers due to bureacracy, it will be
impossible to catchup the old backlog pending since 2001.

pappu
12-30-2008, 10:30 AM
Thank you for posting this action item on other websites

kavita
12-30-2008, 12:26 PM
www.change.gov is open for questions: round two.

You can post a question and vote on others' questions.

We may not lead in voting or number of questions, but still should do our best. Lets not give an impression to this transition team that EB immigrants are not suffering from backlogs or are not concerned enough.

maddipati1
12-31-2008, 03:20 PM
PLEASE HIGHLIGHT RE-CAPTURE OF WASTED VISAS
AND CHANGE IN THE LAW TO VISA ROLL-OVER IN FUTURE.

I think asking for increase in visa numbers works against us, especially in this economy. They may not be interested in removing per country quota too.

But, we have a genuine and strong case regarding re-capture of wasted visas. The root of this evil (retrogression) is due to wasted visas in last 5/6 years. Its quite simple math, US didn't stop/reduce H1 visas who get into the GC pipe, but reduced the number of people going out of pipe, hence the congestion.

Please make sure u highlight this one. This should be top most priority all the time.

[...]

kumarc123
12-31-2008, 03:29 PM
I want to thank everyone for contributing their personal story, I as an immigrant understand the importance of Green Card. We have worked dillegently over the years, sacrificing our personal dreams, our spouses sacrificng their personal dreams.

I am an optimistic person and I believe we will see a positive response.

However with the current status of the economy, just asking for visa recapture will not help, we cannot bring a change based on one side of the bargain, what we need is a two way bargain. What we need to do is offer business deal, let them know that we do care about the economy and would like to contribute to make this country stonger, as it was in the past.

The congress will do anything to get rid of all these homes off the market, if we add our intention's of buying homes in a our personal stories, they will think it from their side of the benefit as well.

In all you stories please add you intentions to buy a home, as without greencard you do not want to take the risk.

The downfall of the economy started with the housing crisis, and the economy will bounce back with a substantial improvement in the housing market. WE NEED TO INCLUDE OUR INTENTION OF BUYING HOMES

Infact, we should also send emails to realtor association, let them know our intentions, so they can communicate it further to the congress.

Guys you all are incredible and have contributed your valuable time and effort in IV. So I humbly request you all to please channel this effort lucratively for the other side as well. Remember the quote? BEGGARS ARE NOT CHOOSERS

vine93
01-05-2009, 12:19 PM
Posted my Story too including Buying home and visa recapture.

Vysh
01-05-2009, 05:27 PM
Hi, My husband and I both sent an email at change.gov

engineer
01-05-2009, 10:58 PM
I posted this question at Change.gov. It has 301 votes now ...please vote for it and have others do it as well.

Current US Immigration laws create, long delays for LEGAL, highly skilled immigrants, in getting their permanent residency. These immigrants pay their dues. When you'll address their concerns or you'lll continue to punish them for following law?"

niklshah
01-06-2009, 12:09 PM
I posted this question at Change.gov. It has 301 votes now ...please vote for it and have others do it as well.

Current US Immigration laws create, long delays for LEGAL, highly skilled immigrants, in getting their permanent residency. These immigrants pay their dues. When you'll address their concerns or you'lll continue to punish them for following law?"

can you provide link to your question so people can vote..it is difficult to find question on the website. thanks

laborchic
01-06-2009, 03:02 PM
I posted this question at Change.gov. It has 301 votes now ...please vote for it and have others do it as well.

Current US Immigration laws create, long delays for LEGAL, highly skilled immigrants, in getting their permanent residency. These immigrants pay their dues. When you'll address their concerns or you'lll continue to punish them for following law?"

Engineer: Can you please provide the link for your question on Change.gov

We will ask our friends and colleagues to vote for it.

Great job..

Tito_ortiz
01-08-2009, 03:04 AM
I already saw a complaint on change.gov that 'people representing special interest groups from foreign nations may be flooding the change.gov system with messages and votes which may not be in interest of Americans, for whom the Obama administration is supposed to work for."

That said, let's continue to send messages and make our voice heard anyway! Good work folks!

I put mine in, let's go for more than 100 and don't forget to "bump" this message so it stays at the top!

<<<BUMP>>>

engineer
01-08-2009, 03:16 PM
It is not creating exact link

try this
http://change.gov/page/content/openforquestions_20081217_private_url

search for "Immigration"
Scroll all the way down..

and then click "next 10" (questions)

you should see following

""Current US Immigration laws create, long delays for LEGAL, highly skilled immigrants, in getting their permanent residency. These immigrants pay their dues. When you'll address their concerns or you'lll continue to punish them for following law?"

sri1309
01-08-2009, 06:03 PM
Immigration-law.com says today"

Sen. Sherrod Brown [OH] Joined Yesterday the List of Co-Sponsors for S.9 Immigration Bill, Changing Co-Sponsors to 13 Senators".

Lets start writing to all the supporters once again. HIghlight housing crisis, also can request premium processing for 485. Make sure we show the immediate and long term benefits. As somene noted, tell that to keep people when they are young enough and not to drive them aaway with their citizen children only to return when they are all 50-55+ of age, with more chances to depend on SSN, than to contribute

sri1309
01-08-2009, 11:31 PM
It is not creating exact link

try this
http://change.gov/page/content/openforquestions_20081217_private_url

search for "Immigration"
Scroll all the way down..

and then click "next 10" (questions)

you should see following

""Current US Immigration laws create, long delays for LEGAL, highly skilled immigrants, in getting their permanent residency. These immigrants pay their dues. When you'll address their concerns or you'lll continue to punish them for following law?"

All,
Please do this, register yourself, and search for "immigration". You will see 10-15 questions. Please vote for them. Please pass on the message to your friends. Obama wants to hear from us..
http://change.gov/page/content/openf...17_private_url

sri1309
01-08-2009, 11:39 PM
Thank you for posting this action item on other websites

Pappu,
Great job. Can you please make the below item, with better words an action item and have it on the top. I know you have hardwired it, but we want more attention to this. This is same like writing to all those folks who want to hear from us. I have voted in 10-15 questions.

All,
Please do this, register yourself, and search for "immigration". You will see 10-15 questions. Please vote for them. Please pass on the message to your friends. Obama wants to hear from us..
http://change.gov/page/content/openf...17_private_url

Its better not to create the same question again. Please do. This is our chance.. Let us be heard.

ca_immigrant
01-09-2009, 08:44 PM
When I click on the link above....it does not work, gives me a message that says...
"The page you requested is not available right now"

how do I get there folks ?

drsyedhigh5
01-09-2009, 09:38 PM
Lets start writing to all the supporters once again. HIghlight housing crisis, also can request premium processing for 485. Make sure we show the immediate and long term benefits....

Buddy Sri, thanks for mentioning GC premium processing, please check my following link/messages ("How about PP for GC"):

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=22981

(I got thrashed for suggesting it:()

sri1309
01-10-2009, 11:40 AM
Buddy Sri, thanks for mentioning GC premium processing, please check my following link/messages ("How about PP for GC"):

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=22981

(I got thrashed for suggesting it:()

Keep doing it still, thou. Now the voting is closed. I wish we all logged in at the right time and voted 1000 each for the cause. We must help ourselves much before its too late.

jthomas
01-13-2009, 08:15 AM
I had signed in but don't know how to vote. The link you mention below does not work either.

All,
Please do this, register yourself, and search for "immigration". You will see 10-15 questions. Please vote for them. Please pass on the message to your friends. Obama wants to hear from us..
http://change.gov/page/content/openf...17_private_url

sri1309
01-13-2009, 10:14 AM
I had signed in but don't know how to vote. The link you mention below does not work either.

No more chance to vote. But you can submit your ideas.

Dear Pappu,
I wish next time when the window opens for voting, can you please hIGHLIGHT it on the site, so that people who login, can immediately go and vote. Else these guys have time to spend on why airindia sucks, or palestine, or stocks in this site, but not for something more impo.
I could know only when I checked some post, else even I would have missed it.

induabhay
01-13-2009, 09:49 PM
Folks

Is there any person on IB who can express concern vividly and also suggest solutions eloquently? Also is there anybody else with media contacts who can get this person some prime time explosure? What do you guys think about the idea? IB has been doing a good job of pushing our case with the legislature. Should we now look at puhsing the case with media?

suriajay12
01-14-2009, 12:36 PM
Hello,

We dont see any action from core members anymore. I am watching so many threads. We expect more action items even week or 2 weeks. There are so many ideas floating around and which can get better attention if core works by putting some in agenda. I dont intend to hurt anyone.But we can do more.
I hope I participated more, but hooked up with internation travel every 2 weeks and its sucking my time.
If core is unable to do anything due to lack of money, please let us know that, and there are many who will come forward, but we need soem action that takes care of EVERYBODYS interests.

gkebiz
01-14-2009, 06:41 PM
DEAR ALL,
I was invited to post directly to the President-elect on his site change-gov and you can see my post here...
http://citizensbriefingbook.change.gov/ideas/viewIdea.apexp?id=087800000004s1h&srPos=0&srKp=087

I request you publicize this as much as possible through your FORUM and ask them to VOTE UP on this issue on the Presidents site so that this is taken as a charter and presented to the President.

The complete text of the article under the TITLE: IMMIGRATION REFORM ALLOWING H4 VISA SPOUSE TO WORK is posted below for your immediate reference:

"The time to fix our broken immigration system is now… We need stronger enforcement on the border and at the workplace… But for reform to work, we also must respond to what pulls people to America… Where we can reunite families, we should. Where we can bring in more foreign-born workers with the skills our economy needs, we should." -- Barack Obama, Statement on U.S. Senate Floor, May 23, 2007

Well said Sir, and now as President-elect, we hope to see some action on above.

This issue I bring to your attention may seem trivial, but throws light on darker side of the life of dependent H4 visa holders, who are mostly women. And since you endorse women empowerment, I believe you will give a serious look at this idea.

Theres a strong lobby support for increasing H-1B visa cap to address the shortage of skilled workers. Theres also a strong lobby opposing it. This idea will satisfy both the lobbies. A very simple way to literally double the number of already available skilled workers in the USA without having to increase the visa cap. Allow me to explain....

Currently the spouse of H-1B holders, the H4 visa holders are not allowed to work. Most of these H4 Visa holders are qualified, skilled and experienced. In one stroke of the pen, by amending this tiny rule allowing H4 visa holders to work, you will facilitate thousands, if not millions of already legal & available skilled workers in the US, to work. Please note that spouse on L2 Spouse/Dependent visas for L1 visa holders (intra company transferee's), ARE allowed to work through an amendment in 2001. And this can be used as a precedent. Even J and E Visa spouses (J2, E2) are allowed to work.

Good For the Economy: While its now a norm to have a dual-income family where the husband and wife both work, its become all the more necessary for a family to just survive through these unprecedented economic times. H1-B visa workers typically stay on for at least 3 years continuously if not extend it for the next available 3 years. All this while, the poor H1B and his family have to get along with just one income. Moreover, the law also forces the skilled and experienced spouse on H4 to idle at home. This I believe is a loss of national productivity. Your statistics will prove how many H-4's are currently idling away in the US.

Good for the Community & Social standing of Women:
To keep the family together, H1 visa holders bring in their spouse on H4 visa. And then, they get locked in the house. Ninety percent of H4 visa holders are women. Women being, more susceptible to domestic violence by the partner, becomes even more prone to violence due to her complete dependence on the spouse. They become prisoners in USA due to spousal abuse and immigration policies that give their husbands complete control over their lives. Yes, the immigration system is broken. The immigrant women get protection under VAWA but non-immigrants are not covered. Even if a law to let the non-immigrant battered women to obtain work permit is introduced, it might not protect women whose cases are dismissed as non-critical. The abuser can further exert his control over the victim and convince her that he has changed so that the victim might not press charges. Thus the abuser gets encouraged to continue violence. Divorce is not an option because most non-immigrants come from third world countries where a divorced women has to bear the social stigma of divorce and will not be protected in her own home country. Because of the long queues for Labor certification application and retrogression of visa numbers, getting an EAD and Green Card takes longer.

Way Forward:

You plan to legalize people living illegally in USA (and working illegally), you plan to give them a low skilled requirement job visa, similar to the H-1B or L-1, only that skills required are low, and you will let their spouses work too. This will mean that the only resident visa holder NOT AUTHORIZED TO WORK will be the H-4 visa holders.

As a tech-savvy President, you may also want to browse this issue on Google groups and hear the voices of depressed, frustrated and more often abused women, here... Oops. I am unable to provide you the link as it appears to violate the change.gov comment policy (?). The group title is misc.immigration.usa and title is Why USA should issue the dependant visa holders work-authorization? Theres another forum under immigrationvoice.org you may wish to look up. Thanks.

When people who have come to the US illegally will be able to work legally – the poor H4 souls (mostly skilled women) who have come legally and followed all the rules should be given a fair chance to contribute to the economy and better their quality of life. By a simple amendment, allowing the H4 visa holders to work, you will make a brilliant move, without upsetting those who oppose the move to INCREASE the current H1B cap. Please think about it. May God Bless America!

oliTwist
01-14-2009, 08:48 PM
When I click on the link above....it does not work, gives me a message that says...
"The page you requested is not available right now"

how do I get there folks ?

:) I think the link provided by @sri is something that can be traversed from here http://citizensbriefingbook.change.gov/
I have logged in and voted for the Immigration Reform, link there. (Searched for Immigration as mentioned by @sri) But, again we have many other posts which are against legal immigration due to financial constraints.

Please avail this opportunity to vote and highlight our plight, by voice your opinion in the right posts.

sri1309
01-14-2009, 10:18 PM
:) I think the link provided by @sri is something that can be traversed from here http://citizensbriefingbook.change.gov/
I have logged in and voted for the Immigration Reform, link there. (Searched for Immigration as mentioned by @sri) But, again we have many other posts which are against legal immigration due to financial constraints.

Please avail this opportunity to vote and highlight our plight, by voice your opinion in the right posts.

Good job Oliver,
Please post this message that we can vote in as many threads as you can. Here is one more chance to vote, guys.

yetanotherguyinline
01-14-2009, 11:09 PM
I have not been on top of this action item but this is what I posted at url - http://change.gov/page/s/immigration

Dear President-Elect and Respected members of the transition team,

Congratulations on the historic win and this election has triggered a ray of hope in me. I would be honored to contribute to the revival of America in any small way I can.

I am an engineer and working in Silicon Valley on a temporary visa from past seven years. The insecurity due to my temporary status has, to put it mildly, been a road block to any major progress in my life. I know you will be overwhelmed by information posted through this site, so let me keep this brief...

1. I am pursuing an MBA from Berkeley and aspire to start a technology based firm to create products that iron out inefficiencies in various processes. However lack of permanent residency is holding me back.

2. I have almost single handedly built a product that uses complicated mathematical models that saves US corporations millions of dollars in shipping costs. The directly competing product is built by a group of professors and PhDs. I want to use my current experience along with my managerial education to positively contribute to the society.

3. My wife and I plan on buying a house but again lack of permanent residency is holding us back.

In short, I would have contributed more to the society and have grown faster professionally if I had the security of a permanent residency.

Just because I happen to be from a country with a large population, I get hit by the green card quota and have to patiently wait for about 10 years when someone from a different country with similar qualifications gets the residency in about a year. Is this fair?

-XXXXXX

gkebiz
01-14-2009, 11:25 PM
Dear ALL,

I have written directly to the President-elect Barack Obama in response to an invitation to contribute to his Citizen Briefing Book in his change.gov website.

PLEASE GO to this link and VOTE for this article in order that it may be taken up by the Charter to be presented to the President. Click here ---
http://citizensbriefingbook.change.g...Pos=0&srKp=087

gkebiz
01-15-2009, 02:06 PM
Correct Link:

http://citizensbriefingbook.change.gov/ideas/viewIdea.apexp?id=087800000004s1h&srPos=0&srKp=087

Or loginto citizenbriefingbook.change.gov and search for "Immigration..."

VOTE UP!

oliTwist
01-15-2009, 02:32 PM
Folks,

There are many discussions on immigration (some in favor and some totally misrepresenting the legal immigration).Mind you many of the ordinary citizens are voting on these posts, which indicate the popularity. Obviously this is one way of increasing the popularity of posts highlighting our case (ala Digg)

Only a few of the immigration posts are addressing our pain points. One eg is something like: Please help the Immigration System

Please vote for them and champion the advantages for all by commenting and voting.

I believe at the moment this is achievable by all. Please act!

oliTwist
01-15-2009, 02:55 PM
:) Vote up for "Legal Immigration" :)

langagadu
01-15-2009, 05:19 PM
I have just seen this in CNN, is Bush talking about legal immigration?

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/01/15/bush.legacy/index.html

Tito_ortiz
01-15-2009, 08:20 PM
Bush tried really hard. I believe there is no complaint about Bush when it comes to immigration. He earned that credit.

I have just seen this in CNN, is Bush talking about legal immigration?

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/01/15/bush.legacy/index.html

oliTwist
01-16-2009, 07:13 PM
I see that Dream Act folks are trying to get > 60000 points, to showcase their support. We need to match for the posts like Legal Immigration in there. Currently the top posts for "legal immigration" are around 2000 points. Not many ppl are not taking interest.

Please vote up on our causes! Easy job..but please act!

thrill
01-16-2009, 08:02 PM
None of us should vote down any immigration issue.
Save your negative vote for later.
Everyone should create multiple account with different email id and vote.

I have voted up for the following :

http://citizensbriefingbook.change.gov/ideas/viewIdea.apexp?id=08780000000577s

( Credit :Saralayar )

http://citizensbriefingbook.change.gov/ideas/viewIdea.apexp?id=087800000004vIW&srPos=21&srKp=087

http://citizensbriefingbook.change.gov/ideas/viewIdea.apexp?id=087800000004oA6&srPos=8&srKp=087

http://citizensbriefingbook.change.gov/ideas/viewIdea.apexp?id=087800000004r45&cid=00a80000004pVvh#00a80000004pVvh

Please post a word or two in comments as the issues with the most comments shows up on top
in that site . Simple comments like "i support" or "voted up" or "totally agree" will do.

It's surprising that so many people went to DC, CA and Texas immigration rally , contributed $$$ and time for those.
And this is a simple thing with least commitment and still only got handful of votes.

AND Total # of pending 485 in USCIS is ...800, 000.

That will make it 8 million points for any immigration issue.

I have mailed it Mr. Oh ( www.immigrationlaw.com ) too.

thrill
01-16-2009, 08:29 PM
Voted 3 more times on the above four and other related issues using three different accounts.

Always ask for something more demanding than your actual demand , then you might get your actual wish.

You want 5% raise ? ask for 10% then you might get 5% you wanted.
Want GC ? ask for Citizenship then we might get GC .

This way the Giver always feels that he got off easy as the other demand was too big.

Also if illegals can rally and ask for citizenship and amnesty why won't we .
We fulfill all the duties of a model citizen.

thrill
01-17-2009, 02:13 PM
Only 690 votes for :

http://citizensbriefingbook.change.gov/ideas/viewIdea.apexp?id=08780000000577s

Whether you totally agree or whether you qualify on those points or not please vote.

Immigration is not in Obama's agenda as it's evident on that site . It's not even a major group/section .

Let's vote all the related immigration post and put "Immigration" on top his list.

sukant71
02-12-2009, 10:15 PM
We should send at least 100 emails via change.gov to Mr. Obama's team on Legal Immigration.

http://change.gov/page/s/immigration

Please urge new administration to support three bills by Joe Lofgren: HR 5882, HR 5921 & HR 6039 . This will be very helpful.

1. log on to change.gov, create your profile (use a legal email addresss)

2. go to http://change.gov/page/content/openf...tions20081229/

input "legal immigration" and hit search questions and vote for all legal immigration questions

3. You can also post your own question

Why to change gov
Why not to force to declare clarance date e.g. by today Since Dec2001 not a single file is pending.

psaxena
03-03-2009, 08:13 PM
^^Bump^^