PDA

View Full Version : Non-participants please pledge/contribute for the DC Rally

walking_dude
11-25-2008, 07:01 PM
To all IV members (and others), who have decided not to participate in the rally due to various reasons, I request you to give a very serious thought, and consideration, before reaching the final decision.

It's highly critical that we do this Rally and/or Lobby Day before CIR 2009 is introduced. If we miss the CIR next year, it may be difficult to get any relief to our community for many years. I agree with you that times are tough. But if we don't act now, it'll keep getting tougher & tougher.

I don't live near DC, and if you are too, understand where you are coming from. However, there is still several months time for the planned rally. If you book in advance, you should be able to lock-in a lower airfare on a budget airline. It may be a good idea to cash-in any Frequent flyer miles etc. you might be having ( I'm just throwing ideas here)

Get in touch with your State chapter or nearest state active chapter. If enough members like you step forward, you guys can sponsor a few members willing to participate.

If you still think you can't, please pledge or contribute donations/contributions for the planned Rally. If enough members like you, step forward IV may be to sponsor some members willing to participate, but can't due to economic hardship (out of job etc.) IV would also need funds to organize an event of this magnitude, to advertise it and arrange it.

If you decide to contribute now, you can do so by clicking the 'Contribute' option on the Homepage. If you decide to pledge, please post your pledge of support here.

I am confident that we will make it a success with your support.

pappu
11-25-2008, 11:10 PM
Next year is also critical for our lobbying efforts with the new administration and going through the bill cycle all over again. For that it will be very helpful if members sign up for monthly contributions. The monthly contributions help us plan future events and lobby efforts.

I urge all new and old non contributing members to sign up for monthly contributions to strengthen your organization.

walking_dude
11-26-2008, 12:03 PM
Thanks - amits, iamgsprabhu, kartikiran, MunnaBhai, Rajeev, srinivas_o, SubaM99 - for your pledge of support. I also request you guys to post the contribution you plan to make ( except amits who has pleadge a contribution of $100 through PM to me).

Others, please come forward to pledge your support. Please post the amount of monetary contribution you intend to make for the rally, and then vote 'Yes' on the poll.

pointlesswait
11-26-2008, 12:18 PM
should we not ask for refund from our lobbyists..they lied to us last yearlobbying shoud be result oriented..not stuffing for their turkey...... sab hawa ke badhshah hai..;-)

walking_dude
11-26-2008, 03:34 PM
Why do we always blame others for our problems? USCIS, DOL and now IVs lobbyists?

First of all, we wouldn't need any lobbyists if ALL members of our community ( including completely inert/inactive members like you) were doing their job. That is approaching the local lawmakers ( US Senators and Reps) office. If al 25,000 members of our site (or at least the majority of them) were doing this, we wouldn't even be needing any lobbying firm. We could have been doing it all ourselves, saving a lot of money and doing a better job.

Since that's not happening - because most members like you are scared shitless like Chicken Little that sky may fall on your heads if you do that - IV is not left with much option, but to use the services of the Lobbying firms.

Before asking Lobbying firm for refund, you should do your job of lobbying with your local lawmakers. If you were sharing your part of the responsibility, we wouldn't be needing them in the first place.

should we not ask for refund from our lobbyists..they lied to us last yearlobbying shoud be result oriented..not stuffing for their turkey...... sab hawa ke badhshah hai..;-)

pointlesswait
11-26-2008, 03:50 PM
there was nothing to be so touchy in those two lines of mine!

Rajeev
11-26-2008, 03:54 PM
Thanks - amits, iamgsprabhu, kartikiran, MunnaBhai, Rajeev, srinivas_o, SubaM99 - for your pledge of support. I also request you guys to post the contribution you plan to make ( except amits who has pleadge a contribution of $100 through PM to me).

Others, please come forward to pledge your support. Please post the amount of monetary contribution you intend to make for the rally, and then vote 'Yes' on the poll.

I will contribute $100. I am also planning to attend the rally.

GCKaMaara
11-26-2008, 04:14 PM
there was nothing to be so touchy in those two lines of mine!

He he he. Remember your first year after birth and follow the same practice (you didn't speak during that time :)).

grupak
11-26-2008, 05:42 PM
To all IV members (and others), who have decided not to participate in the rally due to various reasons, I request you to give a very serious thought, and consideration, before reaching the final decision.

WD, I will either participate in the rally if my schedule allows it (I teach) or contribute towards it.

new_gc_guy
11-26-2008, 07:21 PM
I may not be able to take part due to definite schedule conflicts. Regardless - I will contribute 100$ per member of my family(2) !

MunnaBhai
11-26-2008, 07:56 PM
I will contribute $200.00 towards rally.

Thanks
MB

walking_dude
11-27-2008, 10:24 PM
Thanks Rajeev, MB, new_gc_guy, grupak, GCkaMaara, coopheal for your pledge. I pledge a contribution of $100 as well for the rally, besides my continuing monthly contributions and participation in the rally.

Others, please step forward. Let us not be penny-wise and pound-foolish. Let us help IV pull this thing for our sake.

ItIsNotFunny
12-02-2008, 02:34 PM
Imagine if someone has a cancer and he goes to a doctor and doctor tries all kinds of medicines and it does not work. He does get some relief in the pain though. So do you think the patient should ask for refund for all the money spent?

Likewise broken immigration system needs to be fixed and everyone tried hard for one year. We did get some relief from our pain due to 2 year EAD and namechecks memo. But the cure/bill did not pass. So do you think it means we should ask for a refund? And do you think anyone will even talk to us in DC next time if we act so cheap for the $5s some of us paid.

Why dont you have the courage to ask your lawyer for a refund because you dont have a greencard yet. Can you do it? If not then I think it is irratational to even think about it?

You are right about doctor, patient... But I am not sure whether lobbyist did what they say they did. I am sure Core members are keeping track of their activities but zero output was quite disappointing. Some point of time it even makes me think that they were charging us for hours they spent in Starbucks.

sirinme
12-02-2008, 03:38 PM
Not sure if I can make it in person, but I will contribute $100. This is on top of my monthly contribution.

ItIsNotFunny
12-02-2008, 04:46 PM
How about you become core member and involve in overall efforts related to lobbying.

I promote more direct efforts like rally, mails etc than lobbying.

I never said current core members are not doing their job. I said that lobbying companies may be over charging where we don't have control.

ItIsNotFunny
12-03-2008, 01:03 PM
Bump ^^^^

ItIsNotFunny
12-03-2008, 06:40 PM
Bump ^^^^

Keep pledging. We need to make this happen.

GCneeded
12-04-2008, 02:22 PM
I cannot make it to the rally but will contribute 100$ towards the efforts.

eastwest
12-05-2008, 01:11 AM
Count me in for $100.00
Go IV Team....

Thanks

gc_on_demand
12-05-2008, 11:24 AM
bump