PDA

View Full Version : What are the effects of going on vacation when finding a job is difficult?

imm_check
11-20-2008, 12:36 PM
Hi All,

What would be the effect of going on vacation even though in US as there are very less or no jobs available. Technically speaking trying to cover up for no job. Assume the person is searching for jobs when on vacation and is on EAD.

Please add comments how such a situation could create issues in the GC process when in the 485 stage

Thanks.

imm_check
11-20-2008, 10:53 PM
Any thoughts...Please come out....

Thanks.

jayleno
11-20-2008, 10:57 PM
Two words: Extra Expense

senthil1
11-21-2008, 05:35 AM
If you are on EAD why should you worry about GC process. You can be out of job when you are EAD. Only at the time of approval of I485 you need a job that too if CIS calls for interview or send RFE. You need to see how to survive when you are out of job. Only those who are on H1b need to worry about their status when they are out of job.

Hi All,

What would be the effect of going on vacation even though in US as there are very less or no jobs available. Technically speaking trying to cover up for no job. Assume the person is searching for jobs when on vacation and is on EAD.

Please add comments how such a situation could create issues in the GC process when in the 485 stage

Thanks.

krishnam70
11-21-2008, 02:45 PM
If you are on EAD why should you worry about GC process. You can be out of job when you are EAD. Only at the time of approval of I485 you need a job that too if CIS calls for interview or send RFE. You need to see how to survive when you are out of job. Only those who are on H1b need to worry about their status when they are out of job.

Not a long one, you need to be in the US atleast 181 days for tax purpose and also to be in safe zone for GC later. Otherwise you are free to take a vacation and come back when things are better.

-cheers
kris

gc28262
11-21-2008, 03:08 PM
Going to India may be cheaper...

This may NOT be an option as you have to be in US ( technically) to be eligible for Adjustment of status. Of course you can be on vacation to india for a short time.

Anyways status issue does not arise when you are on EAD.

Always check with a lawyer.

gcdreamer05
11-21-2008, 04:13 PM
Hi All,

Thanks.

I am not sure about your situation, but for many folks, they need to fulfill their bills even if they are out of country, like you still got to pay your car insurance, still got to pay your house rent / mortgage, still got to pay your other bills like electricity this that.... at the end of teh day staying here is far better than going for a long term vac. (my 2 cents).