PDA

View Full Version : FP notice after 4 years ???

tabletpc
06-20-2011, 10:12 AM
Can anyone give some in puts on my queries.

1. I had filed for my 485 in July 2007. My PD is finally current. Since its been 4 years since I was figure printed , will USCICS FP me again before approving my case ???

2. My wife needs to be added to my application. Is it OK if I request my attorney to file only her 485 and not EAD and AP(Atty will charge me more for this filling). How long it might take for my wife to get GC approved based on my application?

Any inputs are greatly appreciated ..!!!

hibworker
06-20-2011, 12:23 PM

1. I had filed for my 485 in July 2007. My PD is finally current. Since its been 4 years since I was figure printed , will USCICS FP me again before approving my case ???

2. My wife needs to be added to my application. Is it OK if I request my attorney to file only her 485 and not EAD and AP(Atty will charge me more for this filling). How long it might take for my wife to get GC approved based on my application?

I am not sure about #1, most people don't seem to get another request for FP.
#2 the current processing time can be found on USCIS website. It is 4 months in Nebraska.
If your GC gets approved in the meantime and your wife doesn't have independent status - then she will need AP to travel out of the country. Even if you don't have a trip planned for next few months - there might be unforeseen situations where she may have to travel. Rather then stressing out at that point I will suggest apply for AP now. If you want to save lawyer fees - you can do the AP and EAD paperwork yourself - its really not that difficult and there is no extra USCIS fees to apply for them.

tabletpc
06-20-2011, 02:14 PM
Thanks Hibworker.

My wife is on H1B , so I am trying to save on ED/AP fee from attny.

Appreciate the inputs.

kumara121
06-20-2011, 02:49 PM

To your second point, you don't need to apply for EAD and AP when you file 485. You can always do it at a later stage.

tabletpc
06-21-2011, 09:40 AM
Is there a seperate fee involved for EAD/AP ?. Can I save some money by not aplying for EAD and AP now ?

Also how complicated is the applicaiton process for adding the spouse's 485 ?. My attny is asking $2000 as legal fee for applying my spouse 485. Is it worth that much fee ?

abhay
06-21-2011, 10:15 AM
Is there a seperate fee involved for EAD/AP ?. Can I save some money by not aplying for EAD and AP now ?

Also how complicated is the applicaiton process for adding the spouse's 485 ?. My attny is asking $2000 as legal fee for applying my spouse 485. Is it worth that much fee ?

Just apply for EAD and AP yourself, it's pretty simple actually, Include your I-485 notice, I-140 her I-485, drivers license and there wont be any problem.

GCHope2011
06-21-2011, 10:20 AM

I had filed everything myself for I-485. There is nothing complicated in it for an attorney to charge $2000. Download the form and try filling it yourselves and then you will realize how simple it is.

tabletpc
06-21-2011, 10:44 AM
GCHope2011,

I just sent a PM..could you please reply to it ..thanks.

tabletpc
06-21-2011, 11:06 AM
Can anyone provide me info/link on Checklist of forms and supporting documents for spouse I-485 application ????

indo_obama
06-21-2011, 11:51 AM
I read somewhere else that you have to do some interfiling too for adding spouse to your 485. Could someone claify on that.