PDA

View Full Version : IV ACTION ITEM: Write to USCIS on recent spate of I485 denials in AC21 cases.

nk2006
11-12-2008, 11:15 AM
Hi Connecticut members,

There is an IV action item to fight recent practice of USCIS in denying I485 applications in some AC21 cases. For more info, please visit:
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=22182

It’s a serious issue which can affect many of us, please act now and send letters (letter formats and everything else is ready in the thread quoted above). It will only take a few minutes of your time.

State chapter leader,
Please try to bring attention of your state members to this IV core approved effort.

Thank you.

ItIsNotFunny
11-12-2008, 11:37 AM
^^^^

insbaby
11-12-2008, 11:42 AM
Hi Connecticut members,

There is an IV action item to fight recent practice of USCIS in denying I485 applications in some AC21 cases. For more info, please visit:
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=22182

Itís a serious issue which can affect many of us, please act now and send letters (letter formats and everything else is ready in the thread quoted above). It will only take a few minutes of your time.

State chapter leader,
Please try to bring attention of your state members to this IV core approved effort.

Thank you.

Why have you created 56,098 threads on the same topic?

nk2006
11-12-2008, 11:58 AM

I was trying to post this in each state chapters. Most of state chapters dont have an active thread so created one in some of them. I am just trying to bring attention of any members not aware of this campaign already.

hpandey
11-12-2008, 12:05 PM

If the number of threads is really 56,098 then it means that the number of threads are more than the number of IV Members :)

This is interpreted as hijacking a web-forum so that no one else can use it. I wish someone would do something about it. Spamming never did good for any agenda.

redgreen
11-12-2008, 12:09 PM
This is simply called pure selfishness.

The problem he is talking about is not a widespread one and never heard of, other than may be for one or two people in this forum (one may be nk2006; sorry that it happened to you).

Even if it had happened to one or two exceptional cases, it can be rectified as it is a simple error from the part of USCIS. This is not a major thing to waste IV resources. This is not a serious immigration issue.

The way nk2006 misused IV resources for such a simple personal issue is unpardonable .

Knowing that there are such people among 'highly educated' is disheartening.

nk2006
11-12-2008, 12:36 PM

The way nk2006 misused IV resources for such a simple personal issue is unpardonable .

First of all its not 56K threads - created around 15. Idea is to create more awareness - someone suggested to propagate in state chapters. In most of state chapters - threads are not active - so posted in about 15 state chapters to get attention of any members who only follow state chapters.

Second of all I am not affected. I am volunteering. I also volunteered and donated earlier for other efforts. I honestly thought that AC21 together with EAD is only good thing that happened to us in the last couple years and thought this campaign would maintain that status.

ItIsNotFunny
11-12-2008, 12:38 PM

The problem he is talking about is not a widespread one and never heard of, other than may be for one or two people in this forum (one may be nk2006; sorry that it happened to you).

Even if it had happened to one or two exceptional cases, it can be rectified as it is a simple error from the part of USCIS. This is not a major thing to waste IV resources. This is not a serious immigration issue.

Redgreen,

Let me clarify couple of things.

1. This is highly widespread issue. It affects you, me and everyone. If you didn't pay enough attention on whats going on, its your problem.

2. Yes, NK2006 has put multiple threads and you are annoyed. But who are you saying this is misuse of IV resources? What is your contribution in action items and IV activities? I am not talking monetory part but activeness. If you are not contributing, you should not care about organization resource right?

I hope you learnt that its OUR organization. Any problem we are discussiing is OURs. Not your and mine.

Please forgive NK2006 for multiple threads and try to pay attention on real problem. If you still didn't understand depth of problem, PM me, I will give my contact numbers and we can talk at leisure.