PDA

View Full Version : GC Approved while outside USA

DDash
11-10-2008, 05:45 PM
Friends,

My wife's GC has been approved and received the physical card in the mail. She is outside USA as she is on a vacation. She has a valid AP and EAD with her. I am planning to scan the GC, and 485 approval notice and email it to her. Is that sufficient for her to come into the country or should I **mail** her the card? I hate to mail the card because she may not receive it on time because of postal delays.

Please share your thoughts/experiences.

Thanks in advance.

texcan
11-10-2008, 05:56 PM
Friends,

My wife's GC has been approved and received the physical card in the mail. She is outside USA as she is on a vacation. She has a valid AP and EAD with her. I am planning to scan the GC, and 485 approval notice and email it to her. Is that sufficient for her to come into the country or should I **mail** her the card? I hate to mail the card because she may not receive it on time because of postal delays.

Thanks in advance.

DDash,

congratulation on getting GC. could you also please share case dates like PD, ND etcs.

LostInGCProcess
11-10-2008, 06:02 PM
Friends,

Thanks in advance.

She can use the AP to enter US.

EDIT:
Do not mail the GC cross border. It is illegal, in case you didn't know.

minimalist
11-10-2008, 06:03 PM
Friends,

Thanks in advance.

Once she shows her AP at port of entry she should be good to go. Gurus, please chip in if it is not so simple.

DDash
11-10-2008, 06:58 PM
Thanks guys....as a matter of fact, I did not know that I should not mail GC outside USA. So I will just scan them and email them more as a FYI for the officer if he/she tries to give a hard time to my wife.

Btw: My wife got her GC as my dependent. My PD was: 02/2006 GC approved on 08/08/2008 (I know Lucky us!). Center: TSC.