PDA

View Full Version : Meeting Michelle Obama

hopefulgc
11-08-2008, 02:45 PM
How about meeting Michelle Obama... her highness the soon to be First Lady?

Its gonna be a lot easier to get her attention than Mr. President himself.
We can all be sure that Mrs. Obama is one person who has command over his ears and anything coming from her would certainly hold his attention. Sure it is not the most honorable way to get shit done, but we'll take whatever we can get.

Let us request a formal appointment, keep it processional and classy, and raise funds so that few IVians from around washington DC can go see her in style.

bec
11-08-2008, 03:22 PM
and maybe, get a few more puppies for the kids..nice idea. completely support it.

meridiani.planum
11-09-2008, 12:43 AM
How about meeting Michelle Obama... her highness the soon to be First Lady?

sure. how about friday evening. say around 7:00? you bring the chips, I'll bring the salsa.

sanju
11-09-2008, 01:17 AM
Did someone say beer? If you guys will bring in chips and salsa, I will get beer. Let me know if you decide for 7ish on Friday. Will be there.

Cheers,

sri1309
11-09-2008, 08:34 AM
sure. how about friday evening. say around 7:00? you bring the chips, I'll bring the salsa.

Good one, but no Mr. Hopeful, thats not going to be that easy.

Its quite possible you cannot meet any of them that easily in next few weeks or months. But we can keep writing to many, papers, etc.. Write even Bill Clinton who strong supports the government and others too. and in change.gov-->Agenda-->Immigration to write to BArrack.

chanduv23
11-09-2008, 09:12 AM
hopefulgc - I can understand where you are coming from. Billions of people are excited by the fact that President Barack Obama has made history and for some reason - people are under the impression that "He is the guy next door" who can make wonders.
Remember - a politician is always a politician. Politicians who come to power through mass have a certain charisma and aura around them which blinds us of the fact that they are also just another politician.
Now - We all know and are definitely excited about Obama and we definitely want to see a change. Change will come, but we have to remember that this is just the beginning. Nothing happens overnight.

Almost all my personal friends waiting for GC now think they will all get their GC because of Obama. Students think they will get GC stapled to their diplomas and this goes on.

Things will definitely improve and we all have to work hard. This government will definitely hear our side - and make decisions keeping us in mind.

chanduv23
11-09-2008, 09:16 AM
Did someone say beer? If you guys will bring in chips and salsa, I will get beer. Let me know if you decide for 7ish on Friday. Will be there.

Cheers,

Cool - lets have a theme for the party and we can all wear clothes based on that theme. How about ramayana?
Obama - Rama
Michelle - Sita
Sasha and malia - lava and kusa
biden - lakshmana

one of us will be ravana, kumbakarna .....

with beer chips and salsa - I would also recommend shish kebabs with spicy chutney and offocurse onion and mirchi bhajjis

and some champagne - because they may make an announcement "Best costume winners will get a green card"

sanju
11-09-2008, 02:30 PM
And is Bush the Hanuman?
And McCain the Narad Muni?
And Palin the Surpanakha?

Who is Akbar?

hopefulgc
11-09-2008, 10:05 PM
The first & the biggest thing that stops us from accomplishing anything is if we think it is possible.

Would you have been here if you thought that you could never pursue your dreams in America?

I love the jokes on this thread... but we are missing the point.

Also, I think we should invite Munnabhai too ... he would totally be able to connect with Michelle O.

Good one, but no Mr. Hopeful, thats not going to be that easy.

Its quite possible you cannot meet any of them that easily in next few weeks or months. But we can keep writing to many, papers, etc.. Write even Bill Clinton who strong supports the government and others too. and in change.gov-->Agenda-->Immigration to write to BArrack.

sanju
11-09-2008, 10:58 PM
Why do you need Akbar?
We were talking about all characters from Ramayan ... not from the recent past :) ... and if you still think that we should have one - then let's make Manmohan Singh into one :)...

Have you heard of "Jaane Bhi Do Yaaro"? Jalaluddin Akbar is a character in Ramayan and Mahabharat. Here is a proof.

YzSuM09Gz1w

raghuram
11-10-2008, 01:57 PM
Even though the immigration is the highest priority for all of us on this web site, that is not the same with Mr. President elect. He has to take care of other pressing issues like economy, Iraq war etc. first.

Therefore, I don't think it would be worthwhile to spend our resources for at least 6 more months. Once he settles down in the office and other things start moving, we can try at that time.

485Mbe4001
11-10-2008, 03:34 PM
One of the funniest movies i have ever seen.:)..'swiss cake hai, thoda khao, thoda feko'

I think we should still concentrate on taking to Sen. McCains office. Immigration reform was his pet project and now that the election is over he can muster up the bipartisan effort required to move this forward. Immigration is not high on Obamas agenda and i doubt you will see action from him on that issue. The other option is to keep pushing for the 5882 during the lame duck session.
Meeting the first lady will be a waste of time and efforts...imo.

Have you heard of "Jaane Bhi Do Yaaro"? Jalaluddin Akbar is a character in Ramayan and Mahabharat. Here is a proof.

ItIsNotFunny
11-10-2008, 05:07 PM

YzSuM09Gz1w

Its only Mahabharat - people started forgetting Ramayan & Mahabharat.

sanju
11-10-2008, 10:13 PM
Its only Mahabharat - people started forgetting Ramayan & Mahabharat.

Big deal!

If Bush can be the Hanuman, McCain can be Narad Muni and Palin the Surpanakha, then whats the difference between Ramayan & Mahabharat.