PDA

View Full Version : EB3 to EB2 Port (Substitue Labor - PD - APRIL 2004

davidoff
06-13-2011, 10:59 AM
Hello,
I've a question regarding the EB3/EB2.
I persued Bachelor's of Engineering in May 2002 from India then worked in IT company there till Nov 2004.
Then I came here in DEC 2004 through company A on H1B after working with them for One plus year I moved to company B in April 2006, since then I've been working for company B.
In Jan/Feb 2007 I've taken substitute labor of PD April 2005 from my employer which is not related to my current job designation.
My current Job designation is Sr. Datawarehose Developer/Architect and the substitute labor taken has the designation of Sales Manager.
I-140 approved in Aril 2007, I've applied I-485 in July/Aug 2007 and got my EAD at the same period and have been renewing it regularly but never used it. I've been still maintaning my H1B.
The reason for not using my EAD is, I got married in Feb 2008 and for my wife status (H4) I'm still maintaining H1B.

My question here is,Can I port my EB3 to EB2 with my Current Employer if YES, Please let me know the process.

Please let me know if anything else is needed.
Thanks in Advance!!

gcseeker101
06-13-2011, 11:08 AM
Hello Friend,

You came to this country in DEC-2004 and you have a PD of Apr-2004. People have been suffering and waiting in this country since 1998. Hats off to all loop-holes in US-Immigration.

Hello,
I persued Bachelor's of Engineering in May 2002 from India then worked in IT company there till Nov 2004.
Then I came here in DEC 2004 through company A on H1B after working with them for One plus year I moved to company B in April 2006, since then I've been working for company B.
In Jan/Feb 2007 I've taken substitute labor of PD April 2004 from my employer which is not related to my current job designation.
My current Job designation is Sr. Datawarehose Developer/Architect and the substitute labor taken has the designation of Sales Manager.
I-140 approved in Aril 2007, I've applied I-485 in July/Aug 2007 and got my EAD at the same period and have been renewing it regularly but never used it. I've been still maintaning my H1B.
The reason for not using my EAD is, I got married in Feb 2008 and for my wife status (H4) I'm still maintaining H1B.

My question here is,Can I port my EB3 to EB2 with my Current Employer if YES, Please let me know the process.

Thanks in Advance!!

davidoff
06-13-2011, 01:26 PM
my bad .. Its April 2005

waiting for GC2010
06-13-2011, 01:50 PM
Hello,
In Jan/Feb 2007 I've taken substitute labor of PD April 2005 from my employer which is not related to my current job designation.

Thanks in Advance!!

sorry to say like this nothing genuine in your case(Designation is entirely different),but luckily you have EAD.People who got masters degree from reputed universities,bachelors from IIT not even able to apply 485 since 2008 ,eventhough everything is genuine.Main reason is i know couple of people who came to this country in 2005 but have the labor of 2003,applied 485 in 2007 enjoying EAD all these years,as they gained enough experience now started porting from EB3 to EB2,I agree there are people who are suffering in EB3 genuinely i truly support them and i know the pain.If there is no labor substitution i am sure all the crap would have thrown away long back.Hatts off to loop holes in immigration for not even checking designation of the candidate.Start throwing red balls on me i dont care,this is very true narration of the story.

davidoff
06-13-2011, 02:02 PM
I can understand ur situation/fraustration