PDA

View Full Version : IT's Law to carry your shiny new GC in your pocket all the times

USDream2Dust
06-11-2011, 12:06 AM
I just got my precious and it says we need to have it in pocket all the times. Just telling you all. Don't get caught without.:D

airbusfan
06-11-2011, 01:13 PM
I just got my precious and it says we need to have it in pocket all the times. Just telling you all. Don't get caught without.:D

Dude people on here would paste it on their foreheads if they could, after what they've been through to get it!

peacock
06-11-2011, 05:00 PM
where does it say that?

USDream2Dust
06-11-2011, 05:57 PM
Not in welcome notice. In the enclosing letter where they provide a small card holder as well. It is most likely to get unnoticed as the excitement is the card and card is outstanding unlike any card I have ever seen with big gold swipe on back side. I think I am falling in love with card:D

gk_2000
06-11-2011, 07:05 PM
Dude people on here would paste it on their foreheads if they could, after what they've been through to get it!

LOL! green

jaocanada
06-12-2011, 12:03 AM
Two examples of why (and where) one should carry the Green cards on person:
1) (Personal example): USCIS - ICE regularly sets up surprise check points along the inter-states on the southern border. While driving from San Diego to Phoenix, we were stopped and folks in our car who were green card holders then were firmly advised to always carry their GCs with them (they didn't have the cards on them that time but were let go, of course).

2) (From a news item in NYT recently): Border patrol has authority to check immigration status of people within 100 miles of US borders. They implement this authority on passenger trains that run along the northern border.

Good luck!

sunny1000
06-12-2011, 12:59 AM
dude people on here would paste it on their foreheads if they could, after what they've been through to get it!

rotfl!!!!

sunny1000
06-12-2011, 01:03 AM
Two examples of why (and where) one should carry the Green cards on person:
1) (Personal example): USCIS - ICE regularly sets up surprise check points along the inter-states on the southern border. While driving from San Diego to Phoenix, we were stopped and folks in our car who were green card holders then were firmly advised to always carry their GCs with them (they didn't have the cards on them that time but were let go, of course).

2) (From a news item in NYT recently): Border patrol has authority to check immigration status of people within 100 miles of US borders. They implement this authority on passenger trains that run along the northern border.

Good luck!

They do that check on the road as well(especially on I-87 from Montreal) on the northeastern border.

jaocanada
06-12-2011, 01:24 AM

Good one!!! :p

isedkeem
06-12-2011, 06:29 AM

Is there a documented instance of somebody being penalized for not carrying their Green card with them? If so what was the penalty?