PDA

View Full Version : Travel to home without AP ???

bailoor
11-04-2008, 08:38 AM
Hello Friends,

I need some suggestion / opinion.

I applied AP renewal for me and my wife during June month end. It got accepted by NSC on July 3rd 2008(receipt note date).

My wife got her AP on Sept 12th. During the month of Sept, I changed my apartment and on Sept 22nd, I changed my address in the USCIS website using AR-11 form and also for all the pending application.

On Oct 14th, the case status(uscis.gov) website showed that they have dispatached my AP document. With this in mind, I planned my INDIA trip for Oct 23rd.

But, I did not receive my AP document till Oct 23rd. I gave my post box key to my friend and I have asked him to forward the expected document to my INDIA address and took the flight on Oct 23rd .

Last week, I called the USICS office . They said, they have posted AP documents to my OLD home address . If I am not at that address, then it will go back to the USICS office.
Also, they have said that I have to wait for one month(NOv 14th) from the dispatch date and then they will take the next action.

I am planning to come to US on Nov 29th. What is the quickest way to get my approved AP document ?

Do you think, If I call the infopass office, will they help me to get the document
? Will they question me, for travelling without the AP document ?

Any suggestion/ guidance for my NEXT step. Thanks in advance.

Background Info.
Arrived US - Year 2000.
Applied GC - EB3 - Nov 2002.
Got EAD / AP - Sept 2007.
H-1B visa expired - EAD valid till Sept 2010.

gcdreamer05
11-04-2008, 12:27 PM
Hello Friends,

I applied AP renewal for me and my wife during June month end. It got accepted by NSC on July 3rd 2008(receipt note date).

My wife got her AP on Sept 12th. During the month of Sept, I changed my apartment and on Sept 22nd, I changed my address in the USCIS website using AR-11 form and also for all the pending application.

On Oct 14th, the case status(uscis.gov) website showed that they have dispatached my AP document. With this in mind, I planned my INDIA trip for Oct 23rd.

But, I did not receive my AP document till Oct 23rd. I gave my post box key to my friend and I have asked him to forward the expected document to my INDIA address and took the flight on Oct 23rd .

Last week, I called the USICS office . They said, they have posted AP documents to my OLD home address . If I am not at that address, then it will go back to the USICS office.
Also, they have said that I have to wait for one month(NOv 14th) from the dispatch date and then they will take the next action.

I am planning to come to US on Nov 29th. What is the quickest way to get my approved AP document ?

Do you think, If I call the infopass office, will they help me to get the document

Background Info.
Arrived US - Year 2000.

Unfortunately you cannot return without AP. And as they say, they will not resend it, till it returns back.

Any reason why you did not extend your h1b visa ...... if you can you can try to do premium processing of h1 extension, and your company could mail you the approved 797 and you can go for stamping and return back on h1.

chaanakya
11-11-2008, 02:55 PM
Hello Friends,

Background Info.
Arrived US - Year 2000.

If your AP has been approved, you have nothing to worry about. Do a walk in for an infopass apptment and try to convince officer (show your ticket) that your AP is approved (show online status of case). Most probably, they can issue you a fresh one after one quick phone call. Walk in appointments for fingerprints have worked for people before. Although walk ins for AP are generally not accepted, you can give it a shot, cant hurt.