PDA

View Full Version : this is why i want my green card.... even when i have to wait for years

ronhira
06-05-2011, 10:00 AM
because the so called "democratic government" in my country brutally beats up the rights of common people like me for decade after decade......

sometimes by beating non-violent protesters who r simply asking for a bill to address extensive corruption in government.......

.....and everyday by rampant corruption.... more than anywhere in the world..... putting my country at the top of a list of most corrupt countries in the world......

this is y i want green card of US...... becoz even when i have to wait for years..... i know my rights & rights of my children will not be crushed...... thank you USA

jaocanada
06-05-2011, 10:43 AM
Well said!

gk_2000
06-05-2011, 10:44 AM
@ronhira
I disagree with these views. Because when 1 billion people start showing their frustration it will be a huge tidal wave no one can stop. Revolutions are needed to change the unchangable things. these are but growing pains, and I am proud of the people who were tear gassed

I am in US only to fulfill my ambitions, and once I feel accomplished enough, I will go back and start a new life back in India and try to give back some.

thankgod
06-05-2011, 11:14 AM
because the so called "democratic government" in my country brutally beats up the rights of common people like me for decade after decade......

sometimes by beating non-violent protesters who r simply asking for a bill to address extensive corruption in government.......

.....and everyday by rampant corruption.... more than anywhere in the world..... putting my country at the top of a list of most corrupt countries in the world......

this is y i want green card of US...... becoz even when i have to wait for years..... i know my rights & rights of my children will not be crushed...... thank you USA

Dont blame the country. Then start the change from you.

Its become fashion for everyone. I totally disagree with you.

When there is a limited number of people administration is easy.any thing can achievable.

May be we will see the change what you are expecting in a couple of years. It is never late.

ronhira
06-05-2011, 12:11 PM
@gk_2000
i'm speaking for myself not for u or anyone else..... simply sharing a reason y i want green card & y i'm waiting...... even when its no fun...... disagreeing with the government doesn't mean someone is not proud of their country..... be very careful with this "proud thingy" argument..... if u r saying that being proud means siding with the corrupt government..... then too bad..... i'm better off void of this false sense of pride.....

one nation..... one law.... y would prime minister be exempt from laws of corruption.... ask a simple question..... wwnd* or wwpd* or wwgd*.... would they have ask for special exemption for pm from corruption laws..... i don't think so....

that is y i'm waiting for my gc.....

*wwnd - what would nehru do
*wwpd - what would patel do
*wwgd - what would gandhi do

@thankgod
i found my way here so that i don't have to start or be part of a revolution..... if u feel strongly @change, y r u here..... go start revolutions & change the world..... its no fashion..... don't be fooled by false sense of patriotism..... the same myth that lead geremans to world wars..... call out corruption loudly & forcefully if u r serious to be an agent of change..... even when it means disagreeing with the government..... & it doesn't translate into implying that one is not proud of where one has come from, which is u'r interpretation..... u'r watching too much of faux news..... becoz u'r argument r the same presented on faux news.... if u question a republican president then u'r unpatriotic...... if u question a democratic president, u'r defending the constitution..... bull

Edison99
06-05-2011, 12:24 PM
I agree....

cool4maverick
06-05-2011, 12:28 PM

I agree with you.

cool4maverick
06-05-2011, 12:30 PM
Dont blame the country. Then start the change from you.

Its become fashion for everyone. I totally disagree with you.

When there is a limited number of people administration is easy.any thing can achievable.

May be we will see the change what you are expecting in a couple of years. It is never late.

"May be we will see the change what you are expecting in a couple of years." are you kidding?

thankgod
06-05-2011, 12:32 PM
@gk_2000
i'm speaking for myself not for u or anyone else..... simply sharing a reason y i want green card & y i'm waiting...... even when its no fun...... disagreeing with the government doesn't mean someone is not proud of their country..... be very careful with this "proud thingy" argument..... if u r saying that being proud means siding with the corrupt government..... then too bad..... i'm better off void of this false sense of pride.....

one nation..... one law.... y would prime minister be exempt from laws of corruption.... ask a simple question..... wwnd* or wwpd* or wwgd*.... would they have ask for special exemption for pm from corruption laws..... i don't think so....

@thankgod
i found my way here so that i don't have to start or be part of a revolution..... if u feel strongly @change, y r u here..... go start revolutions & change the world..... its no fashion..... don't be fooled by false sense of patriotism..... the same myth that lead geremans to world wars..... call out corruption loudly & forcefully if u r serious to be an agent of change..... even when it means disagreeing with the government..... & it doesn't translate into implying that one is not proud of where one has come from, which is u'r interpretation..... u'r watching too much of faux news..... becoz u'r argument r the same presented on faux news.... if u question a republican president then u'r unpatriotic...... if u question a democratic president, u'r defending the constitution..... bull

:).

I am not talking any bad about my country like you or I am not degrading it like you are doing.

When you are commenting watch what you did to your country.

I did not do any thing and I am not degrading it.

thankgod
06-05-2011, 12:34 PM
"May be we will see the change what you are expecting in a couple of years." are you kidding?

Nobody is genius by birth and no country is super country when it is formed.

It takes decades to be successful.

Whats wrong If I expect India will be the No.1 in coming years.

Tell me If what I am expecting is wrong or not doable at all.

ca_immigrant
06-05-2011, 01:17 PM
My friend (OP), its a shame to say such a thing about your MotherLand !!
If you cannot do anything to fix it then PLEASE at least do not point fingers at it !!

I hope you get all the happiness you want !!
All the best in life to you and your family !!

thankgod
06-05-2011, 01:28 PM
India is going backwards...check the corruption level in 1960s and where we are today..

India was formed 64 years back....
There are countires which are much younger than us doing great.

Because of people like you....

gk_2000
06-05-2011, 04:00 PM
@gk_2000

I am almost sad to note you have not understood my post, because I consider you one of the more intelligent guys around here
I said I am proud of the "people" who were teargassed, not the Govt for teargassing them. I dont know how you got the wrong idea

I clarify further, I am proud of them because they did something that I never did. I am just with them remotely, as I am sure you are also

mundada
06-06-2011, 11:16 AM
Clearly your country of origin is not able to provide conducive environment to fulfill your ambitions!

@ronhira
I disagree with these views. Because when 1 billion people start showing their frustration it will be a huge tidal wave no one can stop. Revolutions are needed to change the unchangable things. these are but growing pains, and I am proud of the people who were tear gassed

I am in US only to fulfill my ambitions, and once I feel accomplished enough, I will go back and start a new life back in India and try to give back some.

gk_2000
06-06-2011, 04:16 PM
Clearly your country of origin is not able to provide conducive environment to fulfill your ambitions!

Yes but I will not crib about it. I accept my country however it is. I am doing what I am doing for my survival and in that I believe I have my priorities right

northstar
06-06-2011, 05:30 PM
@gk_2000

if you want to speak for yourself then speak out loud in your room or den, if you put something here, you views will be challenged, as it should be

dxldad
06-06-2011, 06:59 PM
It takes a brave man to speak against the tide, kudos to you ronhira. While things could change, I want to put my family above anything else. One thing I tell people if they ask me why am I in the US is, if there is a country better than US for me and my family, I would go there. Sorry, I am a selfish little man, but them I know who I am and am peace with myself.

In a democracy, Right to Freedom of Speech and Freedom of Press is paramount. If India is better, why be here? Why try to be a US citizen?

@gk_2000

@thankgod

hireamerican
06-06-2011, 08:23 PM
@ronhira

This is exactly why Americans do not want you. You never want to integrate into American society. You just want to take the money and bail. All you want is money, money, money. Americans make it, the world takes it.

ronhira
06-06-2011, 09:11 PM
This is exactly why Americans do not want you. You never want to integrate into American society. You just want to take the money and bail. All you want is money, money, money. Americans make it, the world takes it.

scr3w u..... d1ck head....... u'r 1 person..... u don't speak for America or all Americans...... I know a few Americans, lets say around 200 good friends..... they r good men & they want me to be here.... who r u.... some unemployed under-skilled jerk with mid-life crisis living in u'r grandmother's basement?

ronhira
06-06-2011, 09:25 PM

if someone comes here to work..... u've a problem with that....... if someone says he/she will leave.... then u'll create hell...... what the fcuk r u...... do u've any freaking idea what america stands for...... for all tubelights..... its called personal freedom..... u "think" u r "AMERICA"... "THE FLAG"..... "FAUX NEWS"..... bull

if the guy decides to leave..... he/she has that choice.... doesnt he? what's u'r problem? unlike whatever u think..... the purpose of rest of the world is not simply to stoke u'r inflated ego....... wake up..... the world changed while u were sleeping.....

gk_2000
06-06-2011, 10:19 PM

There's no way to win with you. You are the one who wants me to leave. And if I say I'll leave then you accuse me of bailing. Decide first what you want me to do :D ! But even then don't think you have any right to ask me to do it, but you can tell me for my entertainment

Regarding your "money" quote, this is something I learned from you. Yes, "all I want is money", because people like you offer little else. America supplies money to Pakistan to kill their soldiers and kidnap their civilians, and host OBL. They throw money at everything and anything, and the result is extremely counterproductive, a fact you guys are too dense and arrogant to see, but very obvious to the rest of the world. You guys should be looking at where the BIG $$ are going, before coming after a small, tiny group of people who have played by the rules.

In retrospect, I doubt you are even American. Your behavior is so full of spite that you can only be from some uncivilized part of the world who have jumped the fence or traveled in a garbage truck across the borders. I hope we get to find out, when the media finds out and publicizes the news of your arrest

forgerator
06-06-2011, 10:34 PM

How do you define "American society" ? Do you know you guys were also originally immigrants? :rolleyes:

ronhira
06-07-2011, 01:16 PM
How do you define "American society" ? Do you know you guys were also originally immigrants? :rolleyes:

my guess is that "american society" mean him only...... or others who like like him...... rest everyone is "alien"..... meaning from another planet....

GCVivek
06-07-2011, 05:12 PM
I wish instead of arresting Ramdev baba, they had just shot him to death. These type of self-proclaimed sadhus must be driven out or eliminated. They were supporting the other nut - Advani - and caused division during the Ayodhya issue. This Baba spreads lies by telling people Yoga will cure AIDS. Ya Right!
He owns prime real estate in Mauritus and other foreign countries and is worth millions. How did he get this money? Was he paying income-tax on the donations? How did he take the money off-shore? Same as the politicians do into Swiss accounts. Right? And these so called innocent people are just paid to show support. Remember, the more the support, the more unemployed India is.

Corruption is there in all countries. It is part of humanity. I don't mind if people in high power are corrupt. But when corruption reaches the clerks and peons in almost all offices, that destroys the country. Why should I pay (bribe) Rs. 50 to get MY OWN birth certificate?

ronhira
06-07-2011, 05:28 PM
I wish instead of arresting Ramdev baba, they had just shot him to death. These type of self-proclaimed sadhus must be driven out or eliminated. They were supporting the other nut - Advani - and caused division during the Ayodhya issue. This Baba spreads lies by telling people Yoga will cure AIDS. Ya Right!
He owns prime real estate in Mauritus and other foreign countries and is worth millions. How did he get this money? Was he paying income-tax on the donations? How did he take the money off-shore? Same as the politicians do into Swiss accounts. Right? And these so called innocent people are just paid to show support. Remember, the more the support, the more unemployed India is.

Corruption is there in all countries. It is part of humanity. I don't mind if people in high power are corrupt. But when corruption reaches the clerks and peons in almost all offices, that destroys the country. Why should I pay (bribe) Rs. 50 to get MY OWN birth certificate?

the guy is asking to pass a bill with no special protection against corruption for PM, asking to get back black money and account for black money in gdp? is that too much to ask? if u r so much frustrated with corruption..... then y not join hands with those against corruption..... & if they r corrupt or if they have not paid taxes..... the law will catch up.....

u r all over the place..... part of smear campaign on the party in majority...... be very careful...... this guy's property was not an issue until he started agitation against the government, was it?

first things first..... encourage and join forces against opposition...... which is a larger evil..... once there is a law in place...... it will catch up with guys such as ramdev, if he has issues......

btw, there is nothing wrong with owning property....... just becoz someone is sadhu doesn't mean he cannot or should not own property..... even if it is in millions..... maybe people donated money..... for god sake, the guy gives free treatment in his camps which are attended by very very rich people also...... what more do u ask of a person? i think that reflects a lot @ his character...... if you want to give lecture on this guy..... u better be ready to share if you ever gave anything for free to anyone..... ever?

but u want him to give up everything..... even his clothes and stand naked before he could stand up to corruption? maybe that's y..... due to this mind set...... u can never eradicate corruption...... & that is y i want my green card...... so thank you USA....

ronhira
06-07-2011, 05:33 PM
one more thing..... there is nothing new here..... recently, governments in arab world also went out to undermine the reputation of people engaged in revolts....... governments across the world have systematically engaged in character assassination of people wanting change..... this is nothing new..... what's new is..... educated people, with blind faith in one party...... take sides.... without owning up to their own responsibility to side with the issue rather than a person/party/faith/color of skin/language etc.... too bad..... & that's y i want my green card.... so thank you USA

gk_2000
06-07-2011, 05:58 PM

I would support him because "something is better than nothing". While the rest of us are lacking in the belief and courage this guy is doing something. So never mind his motivations -- he is ahead of us if he has taken up the cause. And do you think he didn't understand the risks? He is ready to risk his earnings -- are you? I am not.

northstar
06-07-2011, 06:26 PM
The fact is Babaji has popularized Yoga like not one has ever done before. I have had first hand experience noticing lethargic lazy people who used to sit on couch every day getting up and doing Yoga every morning. People have really benefited through him. Obviously you have to use your own judgment whether to believe everything he says about Yoga, but in most cases it does work. Now, I don't know where he got all the money from, neither do i know how other crorepati Babas (one who do street magic to entice people) became crorepatis.

I would support this Baba over other babas and corrupt politicians anyday.

belmontboy
06-07-2011, 06:39 PM

America owe's 4.45 Trillion dollars to rest of the world. [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_public_debt]

Get your facts right

belmontboy
06-07-2011, 06:49 PM
The fact is Babaji has popularized Yoga like not one has ever done before. I have had first hand experience noticing lethargic lazy people who used to sit on couch every day getting up and doing Yoga every morning. People have really benefited through him. Obviously you have to use your own judgment whether to believe everything he says about Yoga, but in most cases it does work. Now, I don't know where he got all the money from, neither do i know how other crorepati Babas (one who do street magic to entice people) became crorepatis.

I would support this Baba over other babas and corrupt politicians anyday.

dude you are confused.

If he is good at yoga, he should stay in yoga.
How is yoga and politics related??

belmontboy
06-07-2011, 07:13 PM
How its matter, who is rising the issue...

The GOI can not negate the reposibility of fixing corruption and black money, since its rised by some baba...

It's matter's.

checkout the place where this baba meditates: []Tehelka - India's Independent Weekly News Magazine (http://tehelka.com/story_main49.asp?filename=Ne040611GODFELLAS.asp)

We need people to lead by example. Not create publicity stunt and make money

gk_2000
06-07-2011, 07:20 PM
It's matter's.

checkout the place where this baba meditates: []Tehelka - India's Independent Weekly News Magazine (http://tehelka.com/story_main49.asp?filename=Ne040611GODFELLAS.asp)

We need people to lead by example. Not create publicity stunt and make money

BB : Would YOU rather take his place? If no, I would politely say to you: Shut up.

belmontboy
06-07-2011, 07:22 PM
BB : Would YOU rather take his place? If no, I would politely say to you: Shut up.

likewise my friend. Think something better to respond than a "shut up"
BTW, how did u jump into this discussion??It was an amicable discussion, until you joined!

If you idolize a GURU, who buys a 650 acre island in scotland for meditation, be my guest, who the hell cares.

gk_2000
06-07-2011, 07:26 PM
likewise my friend.
BTW, how did u jump into this discussion??

It was an amicable discussion, until you joined!

If you take offense then it would be your fault for not getting the spirit of my comment. Earlier you commented that I take offense easily. Now how about you?

I jumped in because I wanted to express my views... I am saying that if you (or for that matter I, or anyone) are not doing the good work, why oppose someone who actually is? Imagine if instead of supporting IV, EB community were to speak against IV because of whatever reason?

All people wielding mass influence should be encouraged to go for it IMO. It doesn't matter if we idolize or not, because a large number of junta do, and therefore they are more likely to succeed than U and I

belmontboy
06-07-2011, 07:32 PM
If you take offense then it would be your fault for not getting the spirit of my comment. Earlier you commented that I take offense easily. Now how about you?

I jumped in because I wanted to express my views... I am saying that if you (or for that matter I, or anyone) are not doing the good work, why oppose someone who actually is? Imagine if instead of supporting IV, EB community were to speak against IV because of whatever reason?

All people wielding mass influence should be encouraged to go for it IMO. It doesn't matter if we idolize or not, because a large number of junta do, and therefore they are more likely to succeed than U and I

Don't blindly follow somebody without researching their credentials. Atleast that's what I do.
If this guy truly cared about people, why doesn't he sell his island and donate money to needy people? BTW, How did he end up with so much money?

Why all this publicity now??

I am from south, and I have seen my fair share of "babas" "caring" about people.

Anna Hazare has my support, not this fake baba.

northstar
06-07-2011, 07:43 PM
dude you are confused.

Speaking against malpractices is not politics, its called social service for betterment of society , If he wants to be in politics that's fine too. Let people hear what he has to say and then decide, nothing wrong with that.

belmontboy
06-07-2011, 07:47 PM
Speaking against malpractices is not politics, its called social service for betterment of society , If he wants to be in politics that's fine too. Let people hear what he has to say and then decide, nothing wrong with that.

Yes, India needs more baba's like him in politics. Rich, Wealthy and a heart that beats for the poor!!!

belmontboy
06-07-2011, 07:58 PM
You are confused the issue with the person...we are not talking about the baba...but black money and corruption.

Even if he is a thug...what the GOI doing...nothing?

No I am very clear
I want GOI to do something about corruption. I supported this cause when Anna did fast.

I don't like this clown(baba) taking credit for nothing. He doesnot seem so sincere

mmanurker
06-07-2011, 08:19 PM
Don't blindly follow somebody without researching their credentials. Atleast that's what I do.
If this guy truly cared about people, why doesn't he sell his island and donate money to needy people? BTW, How did he end up with so much money?

I am from south, and I have seen my fair share of "babas" "caring" about people.

1. Quote from the article " In 2009, he was gifted a 750-acre island by a Scottish couple.".
2. Glad to know that you support Anna Hazare, so do I. But are we talking about just verbal support or did we really do anything to support?
3. Anna Hazare team is doing a good job and so does anyone who leads the mass initiative which helps common man. can that be 100% perfect? no....people involved in the movement are 100% perfect? no...is Anna Hazare 100% perfect...nooo...but someone has to start and take initiative, isnt it?
you and me and many here in IV are more worried abt our GCs so lets concentrate on that and support IV while likes of Baba Ramdev and others take initiative and do what is best for the country.
In both the cases we can still support, if we truly believe in doing something.....but how? one way is supporting the cause by donations my friend...or actively participating in the initiatives.

ronhira
06-07-2011, 08:41 PM
No I am very clear
I want GOI to do something about corruption. I supported this cause when Anna did fast.

I don't like this clown(baba) taking credit for nothing. He doesnot seem so sincere

forget this baba...... what about 50,000 other people protesting non-violently asking for change to the bill to address corruption.....

government has instructed media to malign the movement against corruption by attacking this baba...... & most people can't see beyond the obvious..... as the result..... rather than attacking the government for disrupting non-violent protesters..... the power of media & ignorance of people has put the entire focus on one baba..... even if there is any problem with this baba..... there will be time to deal with that problem...... baba is not a national priority..... but fixing corruption is a national priority..... y is it so difficult? and that's y i want my green card..... thank you USA.

pthoko
06-07-2011, 08:50 PM
I 'll just start with a simple question....

How easy it is to get a driving license in India vs America through the proper channel??

My answer would be USA 100 times better...

ronhira
06-07-2011, 09:03 PM
dude you are confused.

this is not politcs..... this is social change..... corruption is a social evil & this baba has some authority on social issue based on this so called mastery with organizing social events.... what's wrong with that?

histroy tells us that the inspiration for social change is embedded in religion & spirituality..... all revolutions start with a sense of unfairness from the current system when people recognize that a sytem is infringing their rights, the rights that are derived from their creator..... this includes US revolutions in 1776

i am sick of this argument asking someone to stay with yoga or stay on the criket pitch..... a few days back bal thakre asked sachin tendulkar not to make statements about mumbai as if bal thackare has monopoly on politics..... sachin tendulkar or any other man in mumbai and india has as much right to speak as bal thackare....

likewise..... sonia gandhi & each and every person in india has as much say as does this baba..... this is bogus argument saying stay with yoga.......

i don't like any baba..... but this is not @ any baba.... no matter what comes out in the media, which is big part of cycle of corruption....... this is @ eradicating corruption..... can we stay focused..... & becoz we cannot do that.... i want my green card ..... so thank you USA

gk_2000
06-07-2011, 09:17 PM

I take your point on doing due diligence...

However, it is like this, if a Nobel winner in Economics offers to teach me there is not much DD I would really do beyond a simple google, if that

I don't care who cleans my toilet then why should I care who is cleaning my government? The only reason I can see is to give that person my support :)

Let him be the most corrupt guy, or let him enrich himself all he wants, but he still gets my support because he is SAVING me a lot of money that would otherwise be stashed away in Swiss banks

After all, how much one individual will eat? And what will happen at the end of his life? ghar ka paisa ghar mein hee rahega na (the money will drop back to the country, wont it?) but we get another chance to maintain clean govt

gk_2000
06-07-2011, 09:23 PM
I 'll just start with a simple question....

How easy it is to get a driving license in India vs America through the proper channel??

My answer would be USA 100 times better...

On the contrary, it is much more easy in India if you throw some money at it.. But whether it is DESIRABLE? Hell no! But I never heard of a driver's manual until I came to US. How about you?

We guys whine so much about a practical test that "they" have undertaken to "make life easy", isn't it? Because they are generally from "lower" status, and most people "higher" in status will seek a shortcut so they dont have to visit the office again

Hmmm the hidden evils of class discrimination, and values of human equality ... Any Anti's listening? THIS will happen in USA if you had your way

belmontboy
06-07-2011, 09:26 PM
I don't care who cleans my toilet then why should I care who is cleaning my government? t

You will if the wallet or jewellery goes missing. However would you wait for it to happen to do so?

He is not cleaning, Anna is. Give the man his due credit

ronhira
06-07-2011, 09:34 PM
You will if the wallet or jewellery goes missing. However would you wait for it to happen to do so?

people are tripping over "credit" thing..... failing to notice that they r feeding into cycle of corruption.... forget anna & forget baba....... focus on fixing corruption.....

belmontboy
06-07-2011, 09:39 PM
people are tripping over "credit" thing..... failing to notice that they r feeding into cycle of corruption.... forget anna & forget baba....... focus on fixing corruption.....

Yes, i too want the corruption fixed. I am with everybody else for this :)

airbusfan
06-07-2011, 09:40 PM
On the contrary, it is much more easy in India if you throw some money at it.. But whether it is DESIRABLE? Hell no! But I never heard of a driver's manual until I came to US. How about you?

We guys whine so much about a practical test that "they" have undertaken to "make life easy", isn't it? Because they are generally from "lower" status, and most people "higher" in status will seek a shortcut so they dont have to visit the office again

Hmmm the hidden evils of class discrimination, and values of human equality ... Any Anti's listening? THIS will happen in USA if you had your way

Agree with everything you said except, we do have a driver's manual in India, I had seen one in 1998 when I was getting my license which was issued for 20 years. Now its online here Mumbai Traffic Police (http://www.trafficpolicemumbai.org/) :D

Maybe you are one of them "higher" ones :D

gk_2000
06-07-2011, 09:43 PM

I dont see any place I have "discredited" Anna. In fact the "credit" goes not only to them, but their thousands of supporters, and the people bearing the brunt of the teargas etc.

As for the toilet cleaner, I still really dont care, because he is not cleaning my vault (assuming I had one); just the loo. To some extent it is my responsibility too, to take care. Can you even bother to ask police report of every person who serves you? Much easier to keep vigil

But I am deviating here -- I really dont see any evil that can happen if a baba type of character fights. How can you say, "Hey, you should have a degree in activism in order to work for me". It is ridiculous -- people from all walks of life have a right to protest

gk_2000
06-07-2011, 09:46 PM
Agree with everything you said except, we do have a driver's manual in India, I had seen one in 1998 when I was getting my license which was issued for 20 years. Now its online here Mumbai Traffic Police (http://www.trafficpolicemumbai.org/) :D

Maybe you are one of them "higher" ones :D

Well, Mumbai is not like the rest of India. I trust Mumbai police (not really with my life) and I have been to police stations to get my documents attested. No problem with them

And yes, I am one of those "higher" ones, no shame in admitting, as I didn't really get a chance to choose :)

ronhira
06-07-2011, 09:47 PM
Yes, i too want the corruption fixed. I am with everybody else for this :)

glad that we could agree on that.... one more thing.... condemn delhi police for attacking non-violent protesters...... not for any baba.... but for other 50,000 people protesting non-violently...... governments and police get emboldened if they r not condemned for attacking non-violent protesters....

belmontboy
06-07-2011, 09:47 PM
I dont see any place I have "discredited" Anna. In fact the "credit" goes not only to them, but their thousands of supporters, and the people bearing the brunt of the teargas etc.

As for the toilet cleaner, I still really dont care, because he is not cleaning my vault (assuming I had one); just the loo. To some extent it is my responsibility too, to take care. Can you even bother to ask police report of every person who serves you? Much easier to keep vigil

But I am deviating here -- I really dont see any evil that can happen if a baba type of character fights. How can you say, "Hey, you should have a degree in activism in order to work for me". It is ridiculous -- people from all walks of life have a right to protest

Yes, you can. Its called background check.

If i want somebody to lead me, he/she better be credible. Otherwise what's the point in trading one pain for another??

gk_2000
06-07-2011, 09:50 PM
Yes, you can. Its called background check.

If i want somebody to lead me, he/she better be credible. Otherwise what's the point in trading one pain for another??

Let me ask you a simple question: Did you do a police check on Anna Hazare?

belmontboy
06-07-2011, 09:51 PM
glad that we could agree on that.... one more thing.... condemn delhi police for attacking non-violent protesters...... not for any baba.... but for other 50,000 people protesting non-violently...... governments and police get emboldened if they r not condemned for attacking non-violent protesters....

Yes, that's reprehensive of GOI.

snathan
06-07-2011, 09:52 PM

Do you keep your wallet or jewellery in the toilet?

airbusfan
06-07-2011, 09:54 PM
Well, Mumbai is not like the rest of India. I trust Mumbai police (not really with my life) and I have been to police stations to get my documents attested. No problem with them

And yes, I am one of those "higher" ones, no shame in admitting, as I didn't really get a chance to choose :)

Oh I won't trust the police with my life in any part of the world :) . Agreed Mumbai isn't like the rest of India, I was just saying that we do have things in India that people think that they don't exist, coz they never have to bother.

Maybe if the "higher" one's step off the horse we could do something more productive with our country, but hey that's just me :)

belmontboy
06-07-2011, 09:55 PM
Do you keep your wallet or jewellery in the toilet?

Hehe, in a master bed with attached bath, how difficult would it be for them to get hold of stuff??

belmontboy
06-07-2011, 09:58 PM
Are you aware of something called "Safe"...

If you do background check on your toilet cleaner, you don't need the "safe"

smuggymba
06-07-2011, 10:02 PM
forget this baba...... what about 50,000 other people protesting non-violently asking for change to the bill to address corruption.....

government has instructed media to malign the movement against corruption by attacking this baba...... & most people can't see beyond the obvious..... as the result..... rather than attacking the government for disrupting non-violent protesters..... the power of media & ignorance of people has put the entire focus on one baba..... even if there is any problem with this baba..... there will be time to deal with that problem...... baba is not a national priority..... but fixing corruption is a national priority..... y is it so difficult? and that's y i want my green card..... thank you USA.

why do you want GC? U shud already have it, ur PD is Feb05.

gk_2000
06-07-2011, 10:06 PM
Oh I won't trust the police with my life in any part of the world :) . Agreed Mumbai isn't like the rest of India, I was just saying that we do have things in India that people think that they don't exist, coz they never have to bother.

Maybe if the "higher" one's step off the horse we could do something more productive with our country, but hey that's just me :)

Excuse me, I rather like my horse for the time being. I am content with cheering for other people who I see HAVE done that already.

Having been in Mumbai (grew up there) and other places, what I find is many of my mumbai friends are really like frogs in the well, and have no experience with how the rest of the country is. The only thing they are VERY good at is yakking and yakking, bringing down other people to boost themselves. Cant blame them though, it's bound to happen in an overcrowded and competitive environment

I could go on here about the pros and cons, but I would be deviating. Maybe I will some day add it to a blog or something

And just for the record, by "class", "status", etc I meant the persons with relatively more money. Now if YOU were not from this class, then you must be a genius like Ambedkar to have made it to US..... but then shouldn't you be in EB1 or something?

gk_2000
06-07-2011, 10:07 PM
Let me ask you a simple question: Did you do a police check on Anna Hazare?

Well, did you?

gk_2000
06-07-2011, 10:11 PM
Hehe, in a master bed with attached bath, how difficult would it be for them to get hold of stuff??

Ok, let me bring back this analogy to the discussion. Do you have your cash attached with this baba, and scared it will be exposed? :)

I assume the others here dont have a "master bed with attached bath".

belmontboy
06-07-2011, 10:13 PM
Ok, let me bring back this analogy to the discussion. Do you have your cash attached with this baba, and scared it will be exposed? :)

I assume the others here dont have a "master bed with attached bath".

LOL, you poor people!

gk_2000
06-07-2011, 10:19 PM
LOL, you poor people!

just so that it doesn't escape thru the cracks, I am speaking figuratively ..

And again my question: Did you ask police report of Anna Hazare before deciding to support?

belmontboy
06-07-2011, 10:21 PM
just so that it doesn't escape thru the cracks, I am speaking figuratively ..

And again my question: Did you ask police report of Anna Hazare before deciding to support?

Lookup Anna on wiki

gk_2000
06-07-2011, 10:27 PM
Lookup Anna on wiki

Ha! Have you ever tried to edit a wiki? The supporters will knock you flat and you will be eaten alive.

A person who considers wiki equivalent to police report doesn't know what due diligence means. Epic fail

belmontboy
06-07-2011, 10:31 PM
Ha! Have you ever tried to edit a wiki? The supporters will knock you flat and you will be eaten alive.

A person who considers wiki equivalent to police report doesn't know what due diligence means. Epic fail

Wiki is not equivalent to police report, its much better than that. They dont put crap there. And most important, they cite original sources if you dont trust wiki.

airbusfan
06-07-2011, 10:40 PM
Excuse me, I rather like my horse for the time being. I am content with cheering for other people who I see HAVE done that already.

Having been in Mumbai (grew up there) and other places, what I find is many of my mumbai friends are really like frogs in the well, and have no experience with how the rest of the country is. The only thing they are VERY good at is yakking and yakking, bringing down other people to boost themselves. Cant blame them though, it's bound to happen in an overcrowded and competitive environment

I could go on here about the pros and cons, but I would be deviating. Maybe I will some day add it to a blog or something

And just for the record, by "class", "status", etc I meant the persons with relatively more money. Now if YOU were not from this class, then you must be a genius like Ambedkar to have made it to US..... but then shouldn't you be in EB1 or something?

Agree about Mumbaiites not knowing much outside of the city, I haven't seen anything outside Mumbai either. BUT, beg to differ that they bring down others, I personally don't believe in generalization.

As regards being an Ambedkar is concerned, I'm no Ambedkar but I did have a full-scholarship from a top university and whatever I did spend was through loan from SBI which I did pay off from the assistantship stipend. Haven't taken money from my dad since YEARS. Even made my passport documentation by myselves when I was 16, didn't bribe anyone. Submitted the documents at the passport office, got the police verification done WITHOUT money, although, I wasn't in a hurry. If you really want to do it the hard way, you can do it. Just recently (2009) got a Police clearance certificate from the Passport office at Chemical Bhavan in Dadar again without any bribe. It's not about money, its about your principles.

I didn't mean to bring this up until you made this personal. I don't know about EB-1, I kind of enjoy checking the prediction thread ;-)

gk_2000
06-07-2011, 10:42 PM
Wiki is not equivalent to police report, its much better than that. They dont put crap there. And most important, they cite original sources if you dont trust wiki.

Believe me, people DO get away with putting crap there, especially in India. At least the crap in the police report is subject to inspection at an authoritative level. In Wiki you can be simply bullied out

Anyway, I asked this question because you opened the topic of due diligence. And you haven't told me if you did whatever due diligence BEFORE deciding to support Anna.

For the record, I didn't feel the need to inspect Anna's credentials, and of the baba either. Reason is, I really dont have anything to lose if someone takes up the tirade against corruption. Plus, if we set too much strict criteria about who gets to be the priest, there would be no priests

gk_2000
06-07-2011, 10:44 PM
Agree about Mumbaiites not knowing much outside of the city, I haven't seen anything outside Mumbai either. BUT, beg to differ that they bring down others, I personally don't believe in generalization.

As regards being an Ambedkar is concerned, I'm no Ambedkar but I did have a full-scholarship from a top university and whatever I did spend was through loan from SBI which I did pay off from the assistantship stipend. Haven't taken money from my dad since YEARS. Even made my passport documentation by myselves when I was 16, didn't bribe anyone. Submitted the documents at the passport office, got the police verification done WITHOUT money, although, I wasn't in a hurry. If you really want to do it the hard way, you can do it. Just recently (2009) got a Police clearance certificate from the Passport office at Chemical Bhavan in Dadar again without any bribe. It's not about money, its about your principles.

I didn't mean to bring this up until you made this personal. I don't know about EB-1, I kind of enjoy checking the prediction thread ;-)

Ok, at least we agree on something here -- no problem dealing with Mumbai police :). And yes, I appreciate your accomplishments in life

airbusfan
06-07-2011, 10:49 PM
Ok, at least we agree on something here -- no problem dealing with Mumbai police :). And yes, I appreciate your accomplishments in life

I didn't have problem dealing with any government department in India, I've had a fair share of my encounters with government departments. It's people who believe that they need to be out of turn and get their stuff done before others create a problem for others who don't have means to bribe these people. So, from your posts seems like you would be happy to bribe to get their work done today. I'm not ready to do that. I couldn't do it when I didn't have money and won't do it now because I don't believe in it. So when people are trying to change this, the govt. and people like yourself who have their own interests try to pull people down, no doubt you're a Mumbaikar :D

belmontboy
06-07-2011, 10:50 PM
Believe me, people DO get away with putting crap there, especially in India. At least the crap in the police report is subject to inspection at an authoritative level. In Wiki you can be simply bullied out

Anyway, I asked this question because you opened the topic of due diligence. And you haven't told me if you did whatever due diligence BEFORE deciding to support Anna.

For the record, I didn't feel the need to inspect Anna's credentials, and of the baba either. Reason is, I really dont have anything to lose if someone takes up the tirade against corruption. Plus, if we set too much strict criteria about who gets to be the priest, there would be no priests

Believe me, its easy to workaround those authorities.
But you cannot do the same with wiki.

I have told you my source, believe it or not

ronhira
06-07-2011, 10:59 PM
why do you want GC? U shud already have it, ur PD is Feb05.

y don't u call uscis and tell them that i should've my gc becoz of my priority date..... ask them y i've not received it yet...... will you?

gk_2000
06-07-2011, 10:59 PM
I didn't have problem dealing with any government department in India, I've had a fair share of my encounters with government departments. It's people who believe that they need to be out of turn and get their stuff done before others create a problem for others who don't have means to bribe these people. So, from your posts seems like you would be happy to bribe to get their work done today. I'm not ready to do that. I couldn't do it when I didn't have money and won't do it now because I don't believe in it. So when people are trying to change this, the govt. and people like yourself who have their own interests try to pull people down, no doubt you're a Mumbaikar :D

Too many assumptions about me. What makes you attribute my views to my personal self? This is the second time you have made this style of attack. Maybe it is true of you, that you criticize people on the same points you yourself are guilty of. Hahaha

gk_2000
06-07-2011, 11:03 PM

Your post is not clear: Who do you mean by "authorities", and who do you mean by "you"?

My meaning: Authorities = Ombudsman, court, press etc. You = we the common guys.
To make it even more clear, when I say authorities I mean there are goto persons when police puts wrong things (or crap) in your report

airbusfan
06-07-2011, 11:06 PM
Too many assumptions about me. What makes you attribute my views to my personal self? This is the second time you have made this style of attack. Maybe it is true of you, that you criticize people on the same points you yourself are guilty of. Hahaha

YOUR Views that you have mentioned in these last few posts made me infer that you are
one of those "upper class" or "wealthy" , "on a high horse" people. Your views are a reflection of your personal self. Personal attacks were started by you my friend. Anyways, this post is going the same way lot of other posts usually go when there is nothing more to talk about. Arguments about toilet cleaners and authenticity of wiki data :) oh welll... I'm sure we'll meet in some other thread :D

gk_2000
06-07-2011, 11:08 PM

So, you looked in wiki for getting Anna's credentials. And did you do the same for ramdev? How about the politician you have voted for?

And have you done no wrong in your life? If someone disqualifies you from doing something good that you are really in it with sincerity how would you feel?

Just because I have been lousy and quite far from perfect in the past, I never consider myself unqualified to do the thing I want to do. This is but human nature. As a common citizen Ramdev has the full right to serve the country

belmontboy
06-07-2011, 11:15 PM
So, you looked in wiki for getting Anna's credentials. And did you do the same for ramdev? How about the politician you have voted for?

And have you done no wrong in your life? If someone disqualifies you from doing something good that you are really in it with sincerity how would you feel?

Just because I have been lousy and quite far from perfect in the past, I never consider myself unqualified to do the thing I want to do. This is but human nature. As a common citizen Ramdev has the full right to serve the country

May be you have not read my posts.
I don't care if that baba fights for corruption or does one good thing

My leader will have better credentials.
I have done wrong in life and i am certainly nobody's leader

gk_2000
06-07-2011, 11:15 PM
YOUR Views that you have mentioned in these last few posts made me infer that you are
one of those "upper class" or "wealthy" , "on a high horse" people. Your views are a reflection of your personal self. Personal attacks were started by you my friend. Anyways, this post is going the same way lot of other posts usually go when there is nothing more to talk about. Arguments about toilet cleaners and authenticity of wiki data :) oh welll... I'm sure we'll meet in some other thread :D

The upper class thing is the twist you gave. This was the first of your two attacks. Now three, again twisting the context

I dont believe I ever engaged in a personal attack. I may have compared the contributions, and asked what right someone has to criticize when no one is perfect. In such an argument, "you" and "me" etc are quite inevitable, but they must not be confused as something personal

"lot of other posts" is a generalization. Weren't you the one who asked me not to "generalize"? Again, this is just a personal response to a statement aimed at me personally

Toilet cleaners, wiki data, etc were not out of topic. Seems you could not cope with the comparisons, but I did keep the connections alive to the topic. Or maybe you understand everything, but again twisting

gk_2000
06-07-2011, 11:17 PM
It was a welcome change "arguing" with you guys today (no, I mean it). I am calling it a day. Wish you good night