PDA

View Full Version : Need Travel Advise for Visa stamping

Pria
06-02-2011, 04:37 PM
Has anyone experienced getting their visas stamped in Mexico? What is the procedure like?

My family and I have plans to travel to India in July/August for 4 weeks. While I'm on EAD and have an advanced Parole, My Husband (H1B visa holder) and two kids (H4 dependent visas) require their visas to be stamped in India. Unfortunately, we do not see any interview dates available at the VFS website for the month of July and August! This is the only time we can travel and were wondering if it is safe to try getting an appointment in Mexico or Canada. We were suggested by sources that the visas can be stamped in any other country and not just the home country. We live in Bay Area , CA and can drive to Mexico if it's a safe option.

Not sure if this information is helpful but want to bring it up anyways that my husband holds an EAD, but has chosen (so far) not to use it and retain his H1 status. The EAD expires in September 2011. Can this be put to any use? Should he apply for an advance parole? Is it too late to apply for an AP since the travel plan is for July/Aug?

Any advice would be appreciated. :)

Pria

airbusfan
06-02-2011, 06:55 PM
Has anyone experienced getting their visas stamped in Mexico? What is the procedure like?

My family and I have plans to travel to India in July/August for 4 weeks. While I'm on EAD and have an advanced Parole, My Husband (H1B visa holder) and two kids (H4 dependent visas) require their visas to be stamped in India. Unfortunately, we do not see any interview dates available at the VFS website for the month of July and August! This is the only time we can travel and were wondering if it is safe to try getting an appointment in Mexico or Canada. We were suggested by sources that the visas can be stamped in any other country and not just the home country. We live in Bay Area , CA and can drive to Mexico if it's a safe option.

Not sure if this information is helpful but want to bring it up anyways that my husband holds an EAD, but has chosen (so far) not to use it and retain his H1 status. The EAD expires in September 2011. Can this be put to any use? Should he apply for an advance parole? Is it too late to apply for an AP since the travel plan is for July/Aug?

Any advice would be appreciated. :)

Pria

Whilst I don't know much about Mexico or Canada, but the dates for visa appointment in India aren't out until 2 weeks in advance. Also, Consulate in Mumbai isn't interviewing for H-1B or L-1B (check the consulate website to confirm)
Good luck!

Pria
06-03-2011, 12:28 AM
Thanks for responding! We
are looking for visa appointment in New Delhi itself. There's so much uncertainity involved in each step that we're finding it difficult to make this trip.

Did anyone go through similar process of having their visas stamped in Delhi? What kind of experience did you have in terms of getting an appointment and having visas stamped within a certain time period. We'd appreciate if you can share some insights. There has got to be some way people travel without getting into any legal complication....Help!

airbusfan
06-03-2011, 09:23 AM
Thanks for responding! We
are looking for visa appointment in New Delhi itself. There's so much uncertainity involved in each step that we're finding it difficult to make this trip.

Did anyone go through similar process of having their visas stamped in Delhi? What kind of experience did you have in terms of getting an appointment and having visas stamped within a certain time period. We'd appreciate if you can share some insights. There has got to be some way people travel without getting into any legal complication....Help!

I think the 2 week thing is true for Delhi as well.

There is no such thing as a "safe" option and "avoid legal complication".
Let me ask you this, if there is a 221G for the application , would you rather be in Mexico or Canada or India??

I've gotten a visa stamp from Mumbai January, 2011 on a week trip! That's right, I went to Mumbai for 1 week. The way I had did was (I was travelling around the world before that, so really had no choice), had someone look for a visa dates from India and book it for the next day that I landed (landed Sunday), attended interview(Monday), collected passport the day after (Tuesday) and head back on Friday. So the easiest way is to have someone in India look for dates as they are out at unearthly hours here in US, esp since you're in Cali. The worst thing is you delay your return!