PDA

View Full Version : Travel Companion (Chennai - Frankfurt - Boston)

copsmart
10-26-2008, 10:36 AM
I am looking for a Travel Companion for my Mother and Father .
They speak Tamil and not very fluent in English. Help needed when they are at the Port of Entry, Boston.

Travel is on Thursday, Nov 27th (Lufthansa - 01:50 AM) from Chennai - Frankfurt - Boston.
If anyone travelling on the same date and willing to help, please send me a private message.

I will really appreciate your help.

Thanks.

BECsufferer
10-27-2008, 07:36 AM
I know from Delhi, Lufthansa carries indian crew who can converse in local languages i.e Punjabi. I observe lots of travelers using this facility when I fly. So your folks should be fine uptill Frankfurt. Maybe you can put in request for airport assistance? , where the airline provides wheel chair with someone to push and one of them can avail this facility. Thereby ensuring they get moved to correct gate at Frankfurt.

copsmart
10-27-2008, 08:08 AM
Thanks for the information!

I know from Delhi, Lufthansa carries indian crew who can converse in local languages i.e Punjabi. I observe lots of travelers using this facility when I fly. So your folks should be fine uptill Frankfurt. Maybe you can put in request for airport assistance? , where the airline provides wheel chair with someone to push and one of them can avail this facility. Thereby ensuring they get moved to correct gate at Frankfurt.

copsmart
10-27-2008, 09:17 AM
^Bump^

copsmart
11-03-2008, 01:06 PM
^ Bump ^

chanduv23
11-03-2008, 01:13 PM
^ Bump ^

Stop bumping this thread. Post in websites like sulekha and other places. Tons of people come everyday and manage. believe me, it is easy. Not knowing language is even better - they will find more help and assitance.

Come on man, your parents have raised you and I can understand the concern due to your love and affection, but it is not that difficult situation - it is very very rare that someone actually gets lost in airports. Your parents have lived atleast 2 and a half your life and are better experienced than you and will definitely manage.

Please do not get me wrong, like, I wish they find someone to travel with, but bumping this thread on top so many times, may just not be the best thing to do :)

krishna.ahd
11-03-2008, 01:58 PM
Best option , get them on Wheel chair and airline will assist them.
Some airlines do this for little charge , some required request on medical ground .
But as mentioned by chanduv23 , it is not that difficult or en-route they will find people who can help them.
Good Luck