PDA

View Full Version : EAD - Contract Position ..

reddy77
10-24-2008, 03:52 PM
Gurus,
My wife got a job offer on contract basis for 3 months. I am on h1 and she is on h4 so far. I am planning to stay on h1 itself. If my wife accepts this job using EAD, Does my status also changes? Is it okay if she dont find a job after this contract expires, what status she will be in during that time, h4 or EAD?

Please advice, Thanks a lot ....

chantu
10-24-2008, 03:58 PM
Gurus,
My wife got a job offer on contract basis for 3 months. I am on h1 and she is on h4 so far. I am planning to stay on h1 itself. If my wife accepts this job using EAD, Does my status also changes? Is it okay if she dont find a job after this contract expires, what status she will be in during that time, h4 or EAD?

Please advice, Thanks a lot ....

No..your status will not change. You can still maintain your H1. She can go on EAD and work for 3 months and she will be in AOS status if she does not find any job. She will not go out of status. She can work 40hrs, 20hrs or 0hrs..it will not affect her status.

reddy77
10-24-2008, 04:13 PM
Thanks chantu, does that mean we need to keep renewing her EAD every year. Also, can we renew her h4 when I renew my h1. Thanks ....

chantu
10-24-2008, 04:23 PM
Thanks chantu, does that mean we need to keep renewing her EAD every year. Also, can we renew her h4 when I renew my h1. Thanks ....

Yes you need to renew her EAD every year or every two years now a days. You do not have to renew her H4 because now she is not on H4.