PDA

View Full Version : Travel while passport expiry date close

zzebie
05-31-2011, 02:42 PM
Hi All,

I recently got my GC last month.I intend to travel to India this July and return sometime in August. My Indian passport expires in October 2011.

I am not sure if i can get the passport back in time if i apply for a renewal now. Can i apply for a passport renewal once i am back in NY in August? Just trying to see if any chances of questions or objections being raised at Port of entry in NY or in India, about my passport expiry being so close.

Thanks for your time

Regards,
zz

dassumi
05-31-2011, 02:48 PM
Your passport is required to be valid for 6 months only if you are applying for a visa. Typically the countries issuing visas put this restriction. If your travel is to your home country not requiring a visa and back to US where you have a green card - your are in a good position. Nothing to worry, you can apply for your renewal once you come back into the country

Hi All,

I recently got my GC last month.I intend to travel to India this July and return sometime in August. My Indian passport expires in October 2011.

I am not sure if i can get the passport back in time if i apply for a renewal now. Can i apply for a passport renewal once i am back in NY in August? Just trying to see if any chances of questions or objections being raised at Port of entry in NY or in India, about my passport expiry being so close.

Thanks for your time

Regards,
zz

sunny1000
05-31-2011, 02:48 PM
Hi All,

Thanks for your time

Regards,
zz

I think you should be fine as you still have a couple of months left after the intended date of entry.

zzebie
05-31-2011, 03:01 PM
Thanks for the reply guys. Appreciate it. will get in touch with the travel agent as well. Most probably i'll be travelling with Indian airlines