PDA

View Full Version : Advance Parole renewal and travelling dates

isthereawayout
05-29-2011, 09:15 AM
My AP is valid till August. I will be travelling to India in July and plan to be back in September. If I apply for the renewal now, do I get the new AP starting from August?

If so, should I carry both of them for travel and use one for departing and one for arrival?

ferozmd
05-29-2011, 09:58 AM
If your AP is expiring in Aug, how are you planning to return in September? As far as I know, your renewed AP will start from the date when your current one expires.

isthereawayout
05-29-2011, 01:38 PM
I've heard that sometimes the advance parole start date is the date when it's approved. Is this not true?

Also can I leave on one AP and return on another one?

isthereawayout
05-30-2011, 11:47 AM
bumping for help

cvk90
05-30-2011, 02:00 PM
"AP renewal applications need to be mailed out (a legal requirement) while the applicant is physically in the US, and the return trip is required to get the applicant back to the US before the current APs expire (the requirement is that one cannot use the new APs to enter the US if the new APs were approved while the applicant is outside the US, unless the applicant returns to the US to pickup the new APs without using the new APs on this "pickup" trip). "

In simple terms, answer to your question is clear 'No'.

glimmerOfHope
05-30-2011, 02:15 PM
If your apply for your AP now and the new AP is approved and you have to carry it with you and when you return you can use that AP to enter the country.

There is a difference of opinion when it comes just AP approval is enough and when its received someone can mail you to your country. This difference is due to the fact that AP can be lost in the mail and if its lost then God save you, basically its counted as abandoned I-485.

There is nothing as leaving on one AP and returning on the new one. You don't need an AP to leave, you need it just to return/enter.

If you do not use the current AP that you have now, its as good as expired since your return is in Sept, you better apply for a new one today and mail out the supporting documentation immediately.

When you mail out the supporting documents, write a cover letter to explain that you have an AP that expires in Aug and a copy of your AP. If the IO is supportive then your new AP will be effective after the current one expires.

Do not leave without new AP in your hand.

Good Luck.

enthu
06-06-2011, 01:31 PM
Hi, I am also in kind of similar situation, e-filed and sent supporting document for AP on 3/28/11. So far I don't see any update or progress, I have tickets to india leaving on 6/28/2011.. really worried about getting approved APs in hand in time. Any advise how to expedite the process? Any steps I could take? Myself and my husband - both are in the same situation. My earlier APs expired a while ago.

thanks for any help or advise, really appreciate it.

isthereawayout
06-14-2011, 11:50 PM
@enthu - Can you expedite your AP renewal? I heard that this is possible but I dont have all the info.

Sunx_2004
09-15-2011, 03:56 PM
I need to travel multiple time on current AP, I used one copy of the AP last month. I have to travel international two more time ( work related) before my current AP expire.
How can I accommodate multiple travel with two copies of AP.

Anyone in similar situation before..Please help
thanks

If your apply for your AP now and the new AP is approved and you have to carry it with you and when you return you can use that AP to enter the country.

There is a difference of opinion when it comes just AP approval is enough and when its received someone can mail you to your country. This difference is due to the fact that AP can be lost in the mail and if its lost then God save you, basically its counted as abandoned I-485.

There is nothing as leaving on one AP and returning on the new one. You don't need an AP to leave, you need it just to return/enter.

If you do not use the current AP that you have now, its as good as expired since your return is in Sept, you better apply for a new one today and mail out the supporting documentation immediately.

When you mail out the supporting documents, write a cover letter to explain that you have an AP that expires in Aug and a copy of your AP. If the IO is supportive then your new AP will be effective after the current one expires.

Do not leave without new AP in your hand.

Good Luck.

Sunx_2004
09-15-2011, 11:37 PM
Please share the experience

I need to travel multiple time on current AP, I used one copy of the AP last month. I have to travel international two more time ( work related) before my current AP expire.
How can I accommodate multiple travel with two copies of AP.

Anyone in similar situation before..Please help
thanks

hi2sunil
09-16-2011, 03:36 PM
Hi Sunx,

I did travel on my Single AP 2 times, One time I went to Canada, and recently I travelled to India and back to US. as long as your AP is valid, you can travel and come back to US.

Just flashed to my mind, I believe there is an option in AP Renewal form, "Single Entry/Multiple Entry", check your AP. For my case, I applied for multiple entry.

Thanks
Sunil K

Sunx_2004
09-16-2011, 04:08 PM
Thanks Sunil

Did you use same (stamped) copy of the AP when you enter US second time or a different one. I received two copies of the AP however I used one last month ie it is stamped. My question is can I use the same AP to re-enter during my next travel. I have two more trips scheduled before the current AP expire.

I guess my question is can I use the same copy of the AP which is already used once before to re-enter.

Cheers

Hi Sunx,

I did travel on my Single AP 2 times, One time I went to Canada, and recently I travelled to India and back to US. as long as your AP is valid, you can travel and come back to US.

Just flashed to my mind, I believe there is an option in AP Renewal form, "Single Entry/Multiple Entry", check your AP. For my case, I applied for multiple entry.

Thanks
Sunil K

hi2sunil
09-16-2011, 04:10 PM
Thanks Sunil

Did you use same (stamped) copy of the AP when you enter US second time or a different one. I received two copies of the AP however I used one last month ie it is stamped. My question is can I use the same AP to re-enter during my next travel. I have two more trips scheduled before the current AP expire.

I guess my question is can I use the same copy of the AP which is already used once before to re-enter.

Cheers
Yes, I used the same stamped copy to reenter US.

Thanks
Sunil K