PDA

View Full Version : Dallas FortWorth: COME ONE COME ALL

needhelp!
10-16-2008, 06:19 PM
WHAT: IV FUNDRAISING BOOTH @ DIWALI MELA

WHEN: SATURDAY OCTOBER 18TH TIME: 3PM - 11PM (THIS WEEKEND!!)

WHERE: TEXAS STADIUM, IRVING

http://www.dfwdiwalimela.com

Come and try some delicious funnel cakes and pakodas.

Hope to see you all there!

nixstor
10-16-2008, 06:34 PM
Thanks for all your hard work and Have fun

needhelp!
10-17-2008, 04:39 AM
Thanks! Hoping to learn a lot from this one.

Thanks for all your hard work and Have fun

needhelp!
10-20-2008, 02:40 PM
Hello IV Members

After an exciting weekend at Diwali Mela and a ton of clean up in the days to come, I am happy to report that we made it!

We had two Texas IV volunteers.. Thanks guys for staying up on your feet for 10 hours and a big, big thanks to your families for the support. And thanks to Z who stopped by to encourage us and for buying something as well in addition to your contribution towards the booth.

Also, had it not been for my family and friends who stepped in to help with everything, I am not sure we could have pulled it off. Truly they were nothing short of angels and we really owe a big chunk of thank yous to them. And oh, how can I forget the awesome yelling by my daughter to attract customers.

IV was lucky enough to get a prominent central spot among all the food booths, easily visible from the food court area. I had transferred two 'trunk' loads of stuff to our volunteers' cars during the previous week and yet my car was packed full with no room for passengers. We got there at 1 pm, started the prep work and we set up the booth and prepared the batters and it was already around 4.30 or so before we had our first batch of funnel cakes and pakodas ready. We turned away couple of early customers. Things started to pick up around 5 pm. and we were constantly busy until about 10 o'clock when the traffic died down.

The demand was there but we couldn't keep up the supply. We could have sold lot more pakodas. People wanted to have their pakodas and funnel cakes from us because we were making them hot and fresh. Certainly few more volunteers could have made a huge difference, and also extra stoves to meet the demand during peak times.

This was no mean feat for amateurs and that is why even the small check that we will be sending to IV thanks to Texas IV members who contributed and volunteered feels like a huge reward.

Thank you Texas IV for giving me the opportunity to have this much fun!

Amma
10-20-2008, 04:05 PM
Keep up your good work.

reddymjm
10-20-2008, 06:28 PM
Good Job. How much did we raise?

needhelp!
10-22-2008, 12:00 PM
Texas IV will be sending a check to IV close to $500.
Members have contributed towards cost of booth.

reddymjm
10-22-2008, 12:09 PM
Thank you and here is my (additional) contribution to IV.Just sent 100$ to IV thru paypal. Transaction ID: 49T27850GNxxxxx

arc
10-22-2008, 12:21 PM
Great Job As always,

what was the total turnout at diwali mela? Texas being a huge state it was surprising that 2 members had to stand for 10 hours and there was no one taking their shift.

You guys are a great example of dedication and team work, keep it up.

wandmaker
10-22-2008, 03:57 PM
Great job!! NeedHelp! & Team!

needhelp!
10-22-2008, 05:06 PM
They say there were 60K people.. I didn't get a chance to look beyond the two booths next to ours. We turned away so many people because we were doing everything fresh hot and didn't have the speed/planning/experience/manpower to keep up.

See this: http://www.dallasobserver.com/slideshow/view/166409

Our pics:http://picasaweb.google.com/niloufer78/20081020#slideshow

Great Job As always,

what was the total turnout at diwali mela? Texas being a huge state it was surprising that 2 members had to stand for 10 hours and there was no one taking their shift.

You guys are a great example of dedication and team work, keep it up.