PDA

View Full Version : IV Action Item: File FOIA request with USCIS

nixstor
10-15-2008, 02:37 PM
IV has been working with officials in DHS (not USCIS) to find the exact number of AOS applications pending sorted by priority date, per country, per category.

Even though the need for requested information is clear and DHS officials agreed to push USCIS for such information, they clearly told IV to demonstrate the need by filing FOIA requests. A request from IV is already pending, but the more the number of requests, the more prioritized this request will become. There are approximately 65,000 FOIA requests pending in Track2 of USCIS queue.

FOIA can be filed with USCIS either by using G-639 or by writing a simple letter. Our request will not fit the G-639 format and a simple notarized letter will do. I am attaching a sample document that members can download from Google docs (http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=ddkc5z3x_4cj4sxwgh) and replace the fictitious John Doe information with theirs and mail out the letter to the address in the letter.

If you are really information hungry, this is your chance to get it.

(1) Download attachment

(2) Replace John Doe information with yours & print it

(3) Notarize it and fax/mail it. Notarizing your request prevents from frivolous rejection

Fax number (816) 350-5785. Make sure you get your confirmation if you fax it.

Madhuri
10-15-2008, 02:46 PM
and will mail it tomorrow.

reddymjm
10-15-2008, 02:58 PM
I will mail it today or tomorrow.

WeldonSprings
10-15-2008, 03:12 PM
Can someone please direct me to the sample letter.
Thanks.

ItIsNotFunny
10-15-2008, 03:14 PM
Please explain, What is the space limitation issue on IV as login? In that case, I should have some :confused:

nixstor
10-15-2008, 03:17 PM
Please explain, What is the space limitation issue on IV as login? In that case, I should have some :confused:

Nothing you should worry about. Its just that my upload along with postwas failing. Hence I uploaded it on megaupload. Click the word Megaupload or Google docs in my post above and download the template.

malibuguy007
10-15-2008, 03:39 PM
I guess too many of us trying - the site is timing out on me

iamgsprabhu
10-15-2008, 03:55 PM
Kindly download the Attached Doc.

hopefulgc
10-15-2008, 05:35 PM
^^
This is exactly what we need. Let us get going on this people.
Nixstor, a suggestion ... maybe add a poll to this so we can track how many have sent this letter.

IV has been working with officials in DHS (not USCIS) to find the exact number of AOS applications pending sorted by priority date, per country, per category.

Even though the need for requested information is clear and DHS officials agreed to push USCIS for such information, they clearly told IV to demonstrate the need by filing FOIA requests. A request from IV is already pending, but the more the number of requests, the more prioritized this request will become. There are approximately 65,000 FOIA requests pending in Track2 of USCIS queue.

FOIA can be filed with USCIS either by using G-639 or by writing a simple letter. Our request will not fit the G-639 format and a simple notarized letter will do. I am attaching a sample document that members can download from Megaupload (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ERDT5F3P) or Google docs (http://docs.google.com/View?docid=ddkc5z3x_1f5nvp5gm) and replace the fictitious John Doe information with theirs and mail out the letter to the address in the letter.

If you are really information hungry, this is your chance to get it.

(1) Download attachment

(2) Replace John Doe information with yours & print it

(3) Notarize it and mail it

mahujam
10-15-2008, 05:40 PM
People who want a copy of their LCA/I-140, please send that in before this. This will create a real large queue and you won't ever get your copy.

Do we all need to do this ?

-M

ItIsNotFunny
10-15-2008, 05:42 PM
People who want a copy of their LCA/I-140, please send that in before this. This will create a real large queue and you won't ever get your copy.

Do we all need to do this ?

-M

What are you suggesting? Please speak in lay man's terms.

mahujam
10-15-2008, 05:51 PM
What are you suggesting? Please speak in lay man's terms.

All I am suggesting is that people who need copies of their LCA/I-140 should apply for that now before the queue gets saturated with this request.

Given this economy, there is a good chance that a whole lot of us will need to use EAD and do a AC-21. Not all of us have our job descriptions and O*net codes to do a successful AC-21 application.

And my question is: will sending multiple copies of this make any difference ?? How many copies are really required to get their attention??

nixstor
10-15-2008, 06:03 PM
And my question is: will sending multiple copies of this make any difference ?? How many copies are really required to get their attention??

Yes, copies of this request from different individuals is going to make a difference. we need to show that the information being requested is needed by a lot of people out there. Just in case if you are wondering, Your application and your FOIA request have got nothing to do with each other.

mahujam
10-15-2008, 06:09 PM
So if I need a copy of my LCA/I-140, and I file a FOIA request, does that go in a different queue ?

nixstor
10-15-2008, 06:13 PM
So if I need a copy of my LCA/I-140, and I file a FOIA request, does that go in a different queue ?

You need your LCA you file FOIA with Department of Labor. NOT USCIS

There are many threads that discuss how to file FOIA to get LCA/Job Description on your permanent labor certification. Please search the forums. Lets NOT digress from the main topic here.

You need your original I-140 application filed on your behalf. File form G-884 with USCIS.

little_willy
10-15-2008, 07:14 PM
Nixtor - In the poll question you talk about providing your receipt number but I don't see any mentions about that in the document. Do you expect us to include our receipt # with this request. Please clarify.

nixstor
10-15-2008, 08:25 PM
Nixtor - In the poll question you talk about providing your receipt number but I don't see any mentions about that in the document. Do you expect us to include our receipt # with this request. Please clarify.

Yes, National Records Center will provide you with a receipt number for tracking purposes.

reddymjm
10-15-2008, 08:42 PM
Mine is already in the mail.

imneedy
10-15-2008, 08:53 PM
printed mine .. will post tomorrow!
10/16 - Posted

newuser
10-15-2008, 09:19 PM
Will mail the doc asap

nixstor
10-15-2008, 09:20 PM
Do not forget to notarize your request. It prevents a frivolous rejection

rbms
10-15-2008, 09:29 PM
Will mail on Friday

amslonewolf
10-15-2008, 09:56 PM
I am all set, just need to drop it in the mailbox..

This is the easiest campaign and hardly takes more than a couple of minutes..

Just do it..

ilikekilo
10-15-2008, 09:59 PM
ok what receipt # are you guys talking about? i think iam little confused..

ok if I send the letter with my name and notarize it would it suffice? plkease advise? waht is that receipt # that u guysa re talking about

reddymjm
10-15-2008, 11:23 PM
You will receive one for your request please post here.

nixstor
10-16-2008, 12:53 AM
ok what receipt # are you guys talking about? i think iam little confused..

ok if I send the letter with my name and notarize it would it suffice? plkease advise? waht is that receipt # that u guysa re talking about

Yes, just notarize and send by mail or fax. The receipt number is for tracking your FOIA request and NOT for your immigration related cases.

From USCIS FOIA home page

Making a FOIA or PA request:

1. To Request USCIS Records: Unless otherwise noted below, mail or fax all requests for USCIS records, including alien files and procurement information, to the National Records Center at the address listed above. Please note: ALL FOIA REQUESTS MUST BE SUBMITTED IN WRITING. Form G-639 (available from this website under Immigration Forms) may be used for this purpose, but is not required. Please see “How to make a FOIA or PA request” for detailed information necessary to process your request. Unfortunately, we are unable to accept FOIA or PA requests by e-mail at this time.

optimystic
10-16-2008, 01:47 AM
Thanks to IV Core and Nixstor in particular for following up on the FOIA subject that has been brought up in several threads over the past couple of weeks (including one by me as well !) and take this up as an action item and providing guidance for the IV members on how to do the same.

I did not realize it was this simple! Will surely send the letter by this weekend.

Btw, How will we receive the receipt numer?? Are we supposed to attach a return (prepaid stamped) envelope or something?? Or we will just get a letter from the National Center after they receive our request?

akhilmahajan
10-16-2008, 09:48 AM
I will be mailing my letter today for myself and my wife and will be requesting my friends to do the same. Thanks a lot for taking the initiative.

GO I/WE GO.

GC_ki_daud
10-16-2008, 10:55 AM
At the risk of sounding Naive.....Want to clarify...:confused:

Who and how do we get the letter notarized .

Does the letter need to have any of our personal case details i.e reciept number etc.

ilikekilo
10-16-2008, 11:26 AM
U could get notarized at ur local banks or at ur work place if u ahve anyone who has a license

i believe you dont have to put in any recpt # 's just your name...

and also anyone knows the fax #??

nixstor
10-16-2008, 01:59 PM
U could get notarized at ur local banks or at ur work place if u ahve anyone who has a license

Fax number (816) 350-5785

mbartosik
10-16-2008, 02:51 PM

I've already got my GC, but will file this.
Anybody can file a freedom of information act request. It is a general principle of democracy that the public needs to be in an informed position, and sunlight is the best disinfectant for government.

I think that the receipt number referred to is the FOIA receipt number that you will get back after sending this, not your AOS receipt number.

saketkapur
10-16-2008, 04:30 PM
sent.........

ezee
10-16-2008, 05:37 PM
Don't you think we should be more clear in requesting information per specific country instead of lumping China and India together for EB-2 and others for EB-3? Also will it be too much to request pending applications by month/quarter instead of year?

We probably want the report in this format? This is just a suggestion.
|[indent]|EB2 - China |EB-2 India |EB-3 China |EB-3 India |EB-3 Mexico |EB-3 Phillipines |EB-3 Rest|
2001-Q1
2001-Q2
2001-Q3
2001-Q4
2002-Q1
2002-Q2
2002-Q3
2002-Q4
2003-Q1
2003-Q2
2003-Q3
2003-Q4
2004-Q1
2004-Q2
2004-Q3
2004-Q4
2005-Q1
2005-Q2
2005-Q3
2005-Q4
2006-Q1
2006-Q2
2006-Q3
2006-Q4
2007-Q1
2007-Q2
2007-Q3
2007-Q4
2008-Q1
2008-Q2
2008-Q3
2008-Q4

Openarms
10-16-2008, 06:09 PM
This is one of the most important issue on this forum that ever taken care. I will do send letter with in couple of days.

nixstor
10-16-2008, 06:30 PM
Don't you think we should be more clear in requesting information per specific country instead of lumping China and India together for EB-2 and others for EB-3? Also will it be too much to request pending applications by month/quarter instead of year?

We probably want the report in this format? This is just a suggestion.

This is what is in the letter.

>>>> I request you to provide me with the number of pending employment based AOS applications, (excluding approved/denied) sorted by priority date from 2001 on a yearly basis broken down for each of the following country and category. (Not the combined total of pending EB AOS applications altogether) <<<<

I clearly mentioned each of the following country and category. To make sure, I also mentioned that we do not need combined total of pending AOS applications. If the request is ambiguous or means different things to different people,please let us know and we can make needed modifications asap. Are you recommending to hand out a blank tabular format .to USCIS FOIA?

As far as the year vs quarter thing is concerned, we felt that its best to get some thing out of this rather than tossed around. Most of the data from 2005/post perm can be found on the flcdatacenter and we can sort these ourselves. This leaves with pre perm applications and I believe DOS will have a better handle in moving the PD's a lot better in the last Q, if they have a handle on the number of applications by year. I agree that if info available on a monthly/quarterly basis, it would be even better. But I feel that we will get tossed around

ezee
10-16-2008, 06:45 PM
I clearly mentioned each of the following country and category. To make sure, I also mentioned that we do not need combined total of pending AOS applications. If the request is ambiguous or means different things to different people,please let us know and we can make needed modifications asap. Are you recommending to hand out a blank tabular format .to USCIS FOIA?
I personally think there is a possible ambiguity in the request (especially since we are dealing with a government agency). So we should probably bullet point the data we need at least and if people don't think there is any harm in putting in a table for the format of data needed that will make things very clear. I agree with you that breakdown of quarter/month is probably not needed and might actually hurt our chances of getting the answer within reasonable amount of time.

nixstor
10-16-2008, 06:59 PM
I personally think there is a possible ambiguity in the request (especially since we are dealing with a government agency). So we should probably bullet point the data we need at least and if people don't think there is any harm in putting in a table for the format of data needed that will make things very clear. I agree with you that breakdown of quarter/month is probably not needed and might actually hurt our chances of getting the answer within reasonable amount of time.

Hear ya. Even though its repetitive,for the sake of clarity and to avoid ambiguity/frivolous answer, I have updated the document in google docs and the attachment by one of our other member prabhu.

Thanks for your feedback.

aroranuj
10-16-2008, 07:50 PM
Notarized & mailed my FOIA letter today...

Libra
10-17-2008, 10:53 AM
bump

bharani
10-17-2008, 12:08 PM
Just mailed the letter.

Openarms
10-17-2008, 12:23 PM
Notarized & mailed my FOIA letter yesterday.

conundrum
10-17-2008, 12:36 PM
Faxed and mailed!

WeldonSprings
10-17-2008, 12:58 PM
USCIS NSC and TSC is cutting the line in approval of I-140 aplications and is not following First In First Out policy.

This affects not only the I-140 applications, but pending I-485 (EB-2) applications too.

USCIS NSC and TSC is approving I-140 applications for EB-1 and EB-2 ROW cases filed six months ago, and letting them go ahead and grab the coveted visa number.

However, they are not approving EB-2 India and China I-140 applications, because of non-availability of visa numbers.

This is causing an issue with the horizontal spill-over effect as described in the Immigration and Nationality Act.

EB-2 India and China waiting patiently since 2004 should have gotten those visa numbers via spill-over effect, not used by Rest of World, if USCIS had not approved their I-140 application, since they joined the line after the EB-2 India and China folks. This is blatant misjudgment and misorganization.

Please refer to immigration-law.com for full message, but here is the part of it:

The I-140 petitions have been experiencing a significant dely and witnessed a irregular pattern in processing times between the stand-alone I-140 filing cases and the I-140/I-485 concurrently filed cases. Here are some questions and answered which are revealed in the USCIS National Stakeholder Meeting on September 30, 2008:
Question: In TSC and NSC, there is dramatic delay for last July/August concurrently filed I-140. At the same time, TSC quickly approved many non-concurrently filed I-140 with application mailing dates later than last August and even in 2008. So far, the average waiting time for concurrent filers > 300 days and for non-concurrent is around 80 days, according to some voluntary tracking data. Is that delay caused by the Plus Pilot program installed in TSC in Feb 2008, under which the entire I-140 and I-485 package is reviewed by one officer? If so, does that mean I-140s won't be processed and approved until the petitioner's Priority Date becomes Current? A delay of processing, and then denial, in I-140 adjudication could cause serious could cause serious problems for I-485 portability.
Response: Visa availability has been the primary focus at the Texas Service Center and the Nebraska Service Center for concurrent filings and stand alone I-485s. In recent weeks, we have identified I-140 petitions that have been held up because of visas are not available. These filings are placed in the workflow by I-140 processing date within the range of those that were processed after having been filed independent of an adjustment application. The instance of delayed I-140 adjudication should decrease significantly. Petitions that are outside of the posted processing dates can be raised to our attention through the 1 800 customer service number. Officers in the Call Centers will issue a service request if a call about the status of an application is received one day beyond the processing time listed on the website.

nk2006
10-17-2008, 01:12 PM
Fax number (816) 350-5785

Will do (downloaded the letter - will send after notarizing it).
Thanks

rajuram
10-17-2008, 01:28 PM
I will do the request.

Do want to note that I had made this suggestion several times last year. But no one in IV leadership paid attention. I had argued that without exact numbers we can't make a good case with the lawmakers. Good that people have decided to wake up now!!

realizeit
10-17-2008, 04:25 PM
This is a very important effort, I guess.

I believe, this will help all of us to understand where we all stand. I will try to send this request as soon as possible.

nc14
10-19-2008, 12:03 PM
Sent mine on Saturday.

Keep this going folks we need to help ourselves.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/nativedocuments/cbo_30sept08.pdf

Question: We have a number of date availability questions. They are:
a.
What is the demographic makeup of those in the current backlog? Can we get data on their nationality?
Response: No, demographic data is not currently available and would require a special Information Technology Service Request (ITSR) be drafted and submitted to the Office of Information Technology www.uscis.gov
(OIT). The administrative burden on USCIS to pursue an ITSR solution and add an additional workload on the O&M contractor cannot be justified given the level of effort involved.

pa_arora
10-20-2008, 02:20 PM
Faxed.

newuser
10-20-2008, 02:27 PM
Faxed

reddymjm
10-21-2008, 09:59 AM
Bump

rajarao
10-21-2008, 01:29 PM
I sent mine yesterday. Do we get an acknowledgement and a number after this?.

sirinme
10-21-2008, 03:45 PM
I just sent mine.

- sirinme

needhelp!
10-22-2008, 12:05 PM
I sent mine yesterday. Do we get an acknowledgement and a number after this?.

Yes, you should get a receipt number in 2-3 weeks. Please post it here for IV to make a list.

Madhuri
10-22-2008, 01:05 PM
Mailed mine today.

ajm
10-22-2008, 05:22 PM
I sent the fax today afternoon.

nandakumar
10-22-2008, 06:37 PM
I faxed the FOIA request.

vine93
10-22-2008, 07:54 PM
I also faxed it today.

vine93
10-23-2008, 07:05 PM
bump

sweet_jungle
10-25-2008, 07:22 PM
no comments on the above ?? I do support the FOIA .but when you think about it ..what is the point in knowing that our GC's are 3-4 years away ...we should also focus on something getting passed during lame duck session ..at the very least we should be prepared for something incase it is suddenly announced that there will be lame duck session after elections ...any thoughts ??

Can somebody re-post the link for downloading the form I need to fax?

boreal
10-26-2008, 02:51 AM
I have to post here to get attention though I know this is not the thread ..I don't know why people are not talking about this ..there is a possibility that there may be a lame duck session for second stimulus bill ..maybe we can push for small recapture bill ..please comment and let us get IV core's attention..I can access IV only during evenings and morning ...so someone please think about this and push for this
-------------------------
does IV core really have access to senators or DHS ???? because now when there is talk about second stimulus and talk to prep up housing ..we can push RECAPTURE !!! flower campaign to get attention is good idea too ...let us give them a approximate figure that 150,000 legal skilled immigrants are not buying house because of gc delays ..and hence ask them to do a small recapture at the minimum.

eternal optimists, arent we? :-)

Pineapple
10-26-2008, 11:19 AM
Notarized and mailed my FOIA request last week.

seahawks
10-26-2008, 10:58 PM
bump, action item, please notarize and mail. Please keep this thread active!

sweet_jungle
10-26-2008, 11:11 PM
bump, action item, please notarize and mail. Please keep this thread active!

please send the link and doc.

nixstor
10-26-2008, 11:17 PM
please send the link and doc.

Please look at the first post in the thread.

shantanup
10-28-2008, 02:44 PM
Finally, notarized and faxed the letter today.

needhelp!
10-28-2008, 07:15 PM
Did this last Friday. Waiting on receipt number.

This is the doc:

http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=ddkc5z3x_4cj4sxwgh

walking_dude
10-29-2008, 12:46 AM
I sent mine. Did you send yours?

walking_dude
10-29-2008, 12:40 PM
Only 67 members so far? I was thinking there would be hundreds of FOIA requests by members, if not in thousands, given all the tracking activity/VB predictions that happen here (and else where too). Now that finally we have a way of accurately predicting PD movement in Visa bulletins and make more accurate prediction of approval than possible through any tracker ( all of them limited to insignificant percentages of the total population to make accurate predictions), just by sending a simple letter; I am baffled by the lukewarm response by a community that's otherwise relentlessly peristent in the tracking/predictions activity.

Having too much fun in those vodoo activities, are we? Welcome to the real world. FOIA is our chance to get the answer we all have been seeking. Will you pop the Red Pill? or continue dreaming in the unreal World of tracking and VB predictions?

chanduv23
10-29-2008, 12:45 PM
Come on folks - we need requests in large numbers or else our campaigns will fail. Let us not be victims of our own inaction.

Please send in your requests.

This is a very serious action item and IV is working extremely hard in the background

nirenjoshi
10-29-2008, 01:02 PM
Posted last week..

sanjaymm
10-29-2008, 02:43 PM
I have mailed a notorized letter. I have also forwarded the link to other friends who may have missed this action item.
Sanjay

walking_dude
10-29-2008, 11:22 PM
I'm surprised only 70 members are interested in accurate prediction of future VB movements, and orderly processing of 485 applications instead of the current random lottery!

It would help lot of us make informed decisions if we were to know how many are in the queue and how long we have to wait.We can spend much of the wasted Tracking, VB prediction time with our families. Don't you think it's important? And that your time is too precious to be wasted over such pursuits?

rajarao
10-30-2008, 02:24 PM
I hope the 70 is not correct. I sent in the FOIA request (notarized) and also mobilized few of my friends. The number 70 is incorrect, because it does not allow me to vote there, otherwise I am sure it would be atleast 71.

I'm surprised only 70 members are interested in accurate prediction of future VB movements, and orderly processing of 485 applications instead of the current random lottery!

It would help lot of us make informed decisions if we were to know how many are in the queue and how long we have to wait.We can spend much of the wasted Tracking, VB prediction time with our families. Don't you think it's important? And that your time is too precious to be wasted over such pursuits?

walking_dude
10-30-2008, 07:38 PM
Thanks for sending the FOIA letter. I don't get the not able to vote part! Every logged in IV member should be able to vote. Where you logged in?

I hope the 70 is not correct. I sent in the FOIA request (notarized) and also mobilized few of my friends. The number 70 is incorrect, because it does not allow me to vote there, otherwise I am sure it would be atleast 71.

danu2007
10-31-2008, 12:03 AM
Done..Posted the letter

conundrum
10-31-2008, 06:59 PM
Received letter from USCIS regarding the FOIA.

NRC2008063282

The request has been placed in the complex track!

knacath
10-31-2008, 10:14 PM
Nrc2008063641

rbms
11-01-2008, 02:27 AM
Nrc2008063622

rbms
11-01-2008, 02:28 AM
Nrc2008063600

ajm
11-02-2008, 01:40 AM
NRC 2008 063585

The request is in the complex track.

walking_dude
11-03-2008, 12:16 PM
We need more IV members to send FOIA request. Just 100-200 is insufficient. We need at least 1000 FOIA requests in queue to make our case.

If you haven't, send ASAP. If you have get your friends, relatives, coworkers, neighbors etc to send the requests as well. Anyone can send it, it's not limited to 485 applicants.

Openarms
11-03-2008, 04:17 PM
Today received letter from USCIS regarding the FOIA.

nc14
11-03-2008, 05:19 PM
I too got a receipt letter from USCIS about my FOIA request.

Today received letter from USCIS regarding the FOIA.

nirenjoshi
11-04-2008, 10:02 AM
Got the Request Reference #, but the request is on complex track.
I am thinking of modifying the request to just my category and only upto my PD date, since the letter says that more specific requests might be put on faster track.
Let me know what you guys think. Should we leave it on complex track or ask for more specific information?
Also, any idea how long would it take for USCIS to act on the request -are we looking at months or weeks?
Thanks,

Libra
11-04-2008, 10:29 AM
Nrc2008064184

bharani
11-04-2008, 12:31 PM
Nrc2008064195

sirinme
11-04-2008, 12:37 PM
Nrc2008063524

amslonewolf
11-06-2008, 08:28 AM
NRC2008064127

I didn't notarize my letter..

All it takes is a .42 cents to mail the letter and 2 mins of your time.. Please do it..

Openarms
11-06-2008, 11:49 AM
This is the only thread and issue that helps a lot of people in the process. If USCIS send the numbers correctly then we better of assuming when is our GC turn is. We will know the real picture and it will definitely open lot of peoples eyes to act in the future... So "Immigrants" please send the letters.

brawn81
11-06-2008, 12:50 PM
Hi,

Can somebody paste the sample letter that needed to be sent because I cant open in office.

Thanks,
brawn.

conundrum
11-06-2008, 12:54 PM
Hi,

Can somebody paste the sample letter that needed to be sent because I cant open in office.

Thanks,
brawn.

FOIA Request for number of pending Employment based AOS/I-485 Applications

John Doe,
200 Main Street,
Chicago,IL,60001

National Records Center, FOIA/PA Office
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
P. O. Box 648010
Lee’s Summit, MO 64064-8010

Dear FOIA officer,

Several Employment based categories have been retrogressed for 4 years now and the exact number of pending AOS applications sorted by priority dates in the employment-based category is unknown. Department of state has been establishing the cut off in priority dates based on educated guesses and approximations. DOS and none of the Employment based applicants know the number of applications pending per category, per country sorted by priority dates. DOS visa office expressed same concern in Oct 08 bulletin.

“Little if any forward movement of the cut-off dates in most Employment categories is likely until the extent of the CIS backlog of old priority dates can be determined.”

This information would be helpful in determining the priority dates accurately and in determining when a visa number will be available for a given priority date in a certain category. I request you to provide me with the number of pending employment based AOS applications, (excluding approved/denied) sorted by priority date from 2001 on a yearly basis broken down for each of the following country and category. (Not the combined total of pending EB AOS applications altogether)

EB-2 China : Number of employment based AOS applications pending with USCIS sorted by priority date on a yearly basis from year 2001 till now

EB-2 India: Number of employment based AOS applications pending with USCIS sorted by priority date on a yearly basis from year 2001 till now.

EB-3 China: Number of employment based AOS applications pending with USCIS sorted by priority date on a yearly basis from year 2001 till now.
EB-3 India: Number of employment based AOS applications pending with USCIS sorted by priority date on a yearly basis from year 2001 till now.

EB-3 Mexico: Number of employment based AOS applications pending with USCIS sorted by priority date on a yearly basis from year 2001 till now.

EB-3 Phillippines: Number of employment based AOS applications pending with USCIS sorted by priority date on a yearly basis from year 2001 till now.

EB-3 Rest of the world : Number of employment based AOS applications pending with USCIS sorted by priority date on a yearly basis from year 2001 till now

Thanks,
John Doe.

brawn81
11-06-2008, 12:56 PM
Thanks

conundrum
11-06-2008, 12:56 PM
btw, I didn't notarize my letter. I faxed in the FOIA request.

ItIsNotFunny
11-06-2008, 04:13 PM
Bump ^^^^

conundrum
11-07-2008, 05:46 PM
Bump ^^^^

amitjoey
11-07-2008, 06:18 PM
bump

conundrum
11-10-2008, 03:05 PM
Bump

shankar_thanu
11-10-2008, 03:45 PM
I got a tracking number as well..

Openarms
11-10-2008, 05:46 PM
Folks!
Keep sending letters at least we should reach 500.

ajay
11-10-2008, 06:20 PM
I will send.

Madhuri
11-10-2008, 06:24 PM
I received receipt number from USCIS for my letter.

rajuram
11-10-2008, 11:09 PM
bump

imneedy
11-11-2008, 08:23 AM
Nrc2008064584

newuser
11-11-2008, 11:03 AM
I received receipt number from USCIS for my letter

Pineapple
11-12-2008, 10:19 AM
Got my receipt letter from USCIS. The FOIA request has been put on the complex track.

By the way, since this is an IV action initiative, I think this thread should be a link on IV's main page as a headline instead of being buried in the forums..

nirenjoshi
11-12-2008, 04:51 PM
I am tracking the pace at which the FOIA requests are moving forward..
Request #NRC2008064184 moved from
65283 out of 66115 on 11/6/08 to
64565 out of 65477 pending requests on 11/12/08

At this rate, its moving ahead by about 100 requests per day. It will take 2 years to just get these requests cleared. And this particular request was on Track Two. Most others are on the Complex track which might take even longer.. :(

chanduv23
11-14-2008, 12:41 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

needhelp!
11-14-2008, 02:26 PM
Couple of days back I got the receipt. I'll post the number soon.

needhelp!
11-14-2008, 02:34 PM
Couple of days back I got the receipt. I'll post the number soon.

Number of members participating in this is too few. We can rest assured there will be no "updates" from IV core if we don't act.

Only few members have posted about getting the receipt:
NRC2008063282
Nrc2008063641
Nrc2008063622
Nrc2008063600
NRC 2008 063585
Openarms
nc14
nirenjoshi
Nrc2008064184
Nrc2008064195
Nrc2008063524
NRC2008064127
shankar_thanu
Madhuri
Nrc2008064584

sanjaymm
11-17-2008, 06:00 PM
I got a confirmation that my request for information has been put on a complex track.

walking_dude
11-17-2008, 09:37 PM
Here's mine - NRC2008065496

seahawks
11-18-2008, 12:37 AM
Here's mine - NRC2008065496

I just send mine by US mail last week. My wife send hers too, I havent received a receipt no yet.

Pineapple
11-18-2008, 07:59 AM
My receipt number is NRC2008064605.

spsrini
11-18-2008, 08:22 AM
My receipt number is NRC2008065342

shantanup
11-18-2008, 11:11 AM
Receipt number: 2008065217

danu2007
11-20-2008, 11:54 PM
Today I got the second letter from USCIS regarding this request. The letter says they accepted the request and put in the pending que.

Also the letter says, "your request is deemed to constitute an agreement to pay any fees that may be chargeable up to $25.00" and continues and finally it says "most requests do not require any fees and if fees in excess of $25.00 are required, we will notify you beforehand"

Jusy wondering any one got this reply..

nandakumar
11-21-2008, 03:30 AM
I also got a letter with same information.

Today I got the second letter from USCIS regarding this request. The letter says they accepted the request and put in the pending que.

Also the letter says, "your request is deemed to constitute an agreement to pay any fees that may be chargeable up to $25.00" and continues and finally it says "most requests do not require any fees and if fees in excess of $25.00 are required, we will notify you beforehand"

Jusy wondering any one got this reply..

needhelp!
11-25-2008, 07:25 PM
I got the same reply. Its standard when they send you your case number.

Here's my case Number: NRC2008065126

mbartosik
11-27-2008, 08:50 PM
Nrc2008065862

reddymjm
12-08-2008, 01:02 AM
Nrc2008069509.

Openarms
12-08-2008, 04:04 PM
Did anybody get actual response from USCIS yet??

conundrum
12-08-2008, 05:48 PM
we will have to ask for more pointed info rather than ask for all the info at once.

My suggestion is for a few of us to ask USCIS for just EB - 2 India, China and ROW and another for just EB-3 India, China and ROW. Maybe we might get a faster response that way.

ajay
12-08-2008, 05:57 PM
I also got a response with some number. I don't know how much of it is going to help us in knowing the situation.

aroranuj
12-11-2008, 08:01 PM
Here is my receipt number... NRC2008063637

Lets hope all our efforts help...

rajuram
12-11-2008, 11:25 PM
I got letters with receipt numbers for my wife and I.

Guest007
12-12-2008, 06:11 PM
Nrc2008070886

gangadhargs
12-25-2008, 01:35 PM
I got my reply from USCIS today. The receipt number is NRC2008072623.

ajay
12-25-2008, 03:12 PM
Nrc2008068051

imneedy
05-06-2009, 03:27 PM
I got a reply from USCIS saying that they can process the request sorted by priority date and country of birth of the applicant. Processing time will be around 15 months and that they have got their answer on priority date.

what are the next steps?

amitjoey
05-06-2009, 03:37 PM
Answer on Priority Date?

imneedy
05-06-2009, 04:04 PM
They sent me a letter earlier asking for money to do the FOIA and asking for definition of Priority dates. I replied to that letter and recently I got response saying they have received my response and have all the answers for my FOIA request ( I believe they won't do anything unless they get money from me)

newuser
05-06-2009, 04:28 PM
I got a reply from USCIS saying that they can process the request sorted by priority date and country of birth of the applicant. Processing time will be around 15 months and that they have got their answer on priority date.

what are the next steps?

15 MONTHS.....:mad:

gc_on_demand
05-06-2009, 04:30 PM

what are the next steps?

I dont think we should relay on their 15 months time line. Its too late. I am sure in coming 15 months whole immigration system will be changed. May be we will see point based system or something different. And at that time information will be no use. They are smart that is why they gave us 15 months. They will wait for 12 months to Congress to do something and then if nothing happen they will write SQL query in last 3 months.

imneedy
05-06-2009, 05:57 PM
I dont think we should relay on their 15 months time line. Its too late. I am sure in coming 15 months whole immigration system will be changed. May be we will see point based system or something different. And at that time information will be no use. They are smart that is why they gave us 15 months. They will wait for 12 months to Congress to do something and then if nothing happen they will write SQL query in last 3 months.

gc_on_demand, did you or anyone else here got similar letter?

vivid_bharti
05-06-2009, 06:08 PM
We thought the same way 3 years ago, 2 years ago, and last year too, but nothing happened, it could be another year and we could be sitting here in same situation 2 years from now. Question is when IV has already collected money for FOIA request than why it is not proceeding in that direction ? We get it in time or not is not the question now.... Its too late. I am sure in coming 15 months whole immigration system will be changed. May be we will see point based system or something different. And at that time information will be no use.

imneedy
05-06-2009, 09:03 PM
We thought the same way 3 years ago, 2 years ago, and last year too, but nothing happened, it could be another year and we could be sitting here in same situation 2 years from now. Question is when IV has already collected money for FOIA request than why it is not proceeding in that direction ? We get it in time or not is not the question now....

I second that

vivid_bharti
05-06-2009, 10:25 PM
Can you please brief us regarding what action IV has taken...
Thanks for sending the letter to USCIS and now posting the response here. IV has taken action in this regards.

vivid_bharti
05-07-2009, 01:13 AM
cool down...I did pay for that effort, I am not a member of donor forum though..If you had contributed for the FOIA effort you would have known the actions IV has taken in donor forum. Its a shame that people like you dont contribute and have audacity to come back and demand answers.

pappu
05-07-2009, 01:27 AM
cool down...I did pay for that effort, I am not a member of donor forum though..

If you have paid and do not have access then send us an email to info at immigrationvoice.org with your payment details, name, email used to contribute and IV ID.

We have added everyone that contributed. Sometimes there is a delay of a couple of days.

insbaby
05-07-2009, 12:10 PM
If you have paid and do not have access then send us an email to info at immigrationvoice.org with your payment details, name, email used to contribute and IV ID.

We have added everyone that contributed. Sometimes there is a delay of a couple of days.

I saw couple of them last week, now I searching, searching and searching, not able to see donor forums on updates except one that says "start of the donor forums".

Is there a link that shows all donor forums...

pappu
05-07-2009, 12:25 PM
I saw couple of them last week, now I searching, searching and searching, not able to see donor forums on updates except one that says "start of the donor forums".

Is there a link that shows all donor forums...

Looks like you contributed few minutes ago. You should be able to see the forums by tomorrow once we enter you in the system tonight.

On http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/index.php
you will see he 'donor forum' area as the first forum catagory once your status changes from member to donor.

imneedy
05-07-2009, 04:46 PM
Thanks for sending the letter to USCIS and now posting the response here. IV has taken action in this regards.

What is the next step? Do I need to follow up with another letter?

imneedy
05-07-2009, 07:31 PM
imneedy, as you very well know USCIS asked for money. Many members received similar letter from USCIS. IV did the campaign to collect $10000 for the USCIS Fees related legal fees. Many members just like you contributed for it. Updates to whats happening with the FOIA is available in donor forum.

Donor forum is available to folks who make financial contributed of $25 or more. If you really trust IV and are looking for next step, then start contributing to IV (http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/misc.php?do=donate).

coopheal,
I think it is a good idea, just contributed, thanks!

mpillai
05-08-2009, 11:04 AM
I feel your pain, But, what was the point of firing same requests to USCIS from thousands of users? Wont that cause more delay for some other FOIA requests? FOIA requests are required to be responded by law, so you are guaranteed a reply even if only 1 user files the request.

I got a reply from USCIS saying that they can process the request sorted by priority date and country of birth of the applicant.

pappu
05-09-2009, 12:58 AM
coopheal,
I think it is a good idea, just contributed, thanks!

insbaby we are unable to verify your contribution. Could you send us your transaction details, IV handle and the email used to contribute. We can check and get back to you if there was an error.

imneedy
05-12-2009, 09:37 AM
insbaby we are unable to verify your contribution. Could you send us your transaction details, IV handle and the email used to contribute. We can check and get back to you if there was an error.

I thought this message is for insbaby. Seems there was a problem with paypal, I checked with Paypal and subscribed again. Here are the details:

Subscription Payment Sent (Unique Transaction ID #74J34454G6282325F)
In reference to: S-4R794075S5203161T