View Full Version : Related H1b visa

05-26-2011, 12:37 AM
I got my h1b visa for USA stamped in oct 2008.but I am still in india because my employer is not calling me US due to recession.now my visa is going to expire in oct 2011.I have paid 2.5 lacs for this visa.please tell me is there any way I can get my money back or can I take any legal action?

05-26-2011, 10:29 AM
You can not pay for H1B as per law; also coming to USA and searching for a project is also illegal as per law. Only thing you could do is look (your employer not you) for project and earn $$$ to cover your expenses.

Sorry for your situation, as far as I know not much you can do other than threaten your employer to return your money otherwise you will file a case with USCIS that he collected money from you to file H1B visa without a proper project in hand.

You will be lucky if you have got a hard evidence (money transfer receipts, conversations/emails; and discussions why he is not brining you to USA). All these evidences would give him a big headache for your employer, to avoid he may pay you back.

just one cent...