PDA

View Full Version : Class Action LawSuit Against the USCIS

lahiribaba
10-10-2008, 03:14 AM
Is it justified that so many years are being wasted?
Is this not abuse of human rights?
Is this not let down of expectations set by USCICS to its customers?

Is there no legal recourse possible? Is there any precedent to this? Is it possible to rally funds to start a class action lawsuit against USCIS?

dvb123
10-10-2008, 09:39 AM
It costs around 50-60k. Will you donate some?

whitecollarslave
10-10-2008, 10:36 AM

Is there no legal recourse possible? Is there any precedent to this? Is it possible to rally funds to start a class action lawsuit against USCIS?

How is this a human rights issue? Nobody is forcing you (or me) to "waste" years.
Class action lawsuit - on what basis? I would like to be convinced otherwise, but USCIS is not doing anything against the laws.

sayantan76
10-10-2008, 10:55 AM

USCIS is not selling goods or services and you (or me) are not buying anything from them - so there is no customer relationship

No body forces you to waste your golden years nor is there any human rights angle.......

minimalist
10-10-2008, 12:19 PM
every few weeks one new person comes up with the same idea as if it hasn't occurred to any one before, fancying themselves in the lines of Erin Brokovich.
Then a bunch of people join them, for few days the thread will be on the top with every body blowing steam on how USCIS should be taught a lesson. Then the thread disappears and wait for few weeks. A new one pops up.
It's almost as if it is a passing ritual for new IV members.

lahiribaba
10-10-2008, 12:37 PM
Yeah you guys are right.. In fact it is not at all unjust how USCIS is treating our PR applications, neither do we have any rights to demand for faster processing and transparency in the way USCIS work or that the money spent on application fees are not service charges. I totally agree that we deserve the crap we are being melted out by USCIS. Let us keep waiting till our destiny unfolds before us.

OH wait!! If you are bored while waiting you can always try to predict the numbers in the next visa bulleting. Maybe you can play BINGO with it.

lahiribaba
10-10-2008, 12:40 PM
It costs around 50-60k. Will you donate some?

Yes of course I would if there is a transparent plan of action discussed and proposed by IV or any other organization. Will you donate some?

lahiribaba
10-10-2008, 12:43 PM
How is this a human rights issue? Nobody is forcing you (or me) to "waste" years.
Class action lawsuit - on what basis? I would like to be convinced otherwise, but USCIS is not doing anything against the laws.

it is a breach of expectations if nothing else. and the expectations are not unfounded. Also the per country quota limit irrespective of the number of applicants is something that is unjust. I am not a lawyer but there is something that is not right about the system - how it can be brought into a courtroom is something we can discuss and decide or a lawyer can help with.

lahiribaba
10-10-2008, 12:44 PM
every few weeks one new person comes up with the same idea as if it hasn't occurred to any one before, fancying themselves in the lines of Erin Brokovich.
Then a bunch of people join them, for few days the thread will be on the top with every body blowing steam on how USCIS should be taught a lesson. Then the thread disappears and wait for few weeks. A new one pops up.

yeah it is damn funny and so is your life.

snathan
10-10-2008, 01:45 PM
Yes of course I would if there is a transparent plan of action discussed and proposed by IV or any other organization. Will you donate some?

Come up with detailed plan and action items. And everyone will support you in this. Convince everyone how you can win in the law suit or give the legal aspect.

Every now and then people starts new threads for law suits and disappear. No one knows the details and transparent plan of action. IV is nothing but I + WE. So if you want to go for law suit, you need to lead.

minimalist
10-10-2008, 01:55 PM
yeah it is damn funny and so is your life.
my life is going to be funny. May be I should start taking bets on how long this thread is going to be alive. (Hint: Search the IV forums for "lawsuit" and you will see the lifecycle of these threads started by folks who want to start a new never before seen legal battle to emerge victorious.)

VivekAhuja
10-10-2008, 02:02 PM
Who is this nut case - lahiribaba?
GC delay is a Human Rights issue? You should be sent to China/Burma/Saudi Arabia, Somalia...

insbaby
10-10-2008, 02:09 PM

So what?

Did USCIS stop you from going out of US and force you to stay here to get the GC?

sanju
10-10-2008, 02:16 PM
Every now and then people starts new threads for law suits and disappear.

This appears to the same idiot creating different ids and opening multiple lawsuit threads from time to time, hoping that it will somehow stick. The best way to handle this guy is not to respond to his thread.

xyzgc
10-10-2008, 03:08 PM

very true, some people will believe anything, like Germans thought they could kidnap Churchill and thereby swing the outcome of the world war 2, when they were losing war on every front!

salnarayan
10-10-2008, 03:24 PM
I would appreciate if anybody can shed some light on this issue. There are applicants in 2003 and 2004 or even earlier from coutries like India and China who started their immigration process way before this retrogression happened. They were and still some of them are hoping that their GC would come soon. From late 2005 the retrogression started.

Can these applicants write to the USCIS that they should not subjected to this retrogression since they were not notified of this retrogression before they started the process. In that way the USCIS can clear atleast their backlogs and the priority dates can move forward for the rest of the applicants. There may be a large group of such people in IV forum who all can come together and start this process.

I am not trying to discredit the applicants later in the process, but with the earlier applicants getting their GC. it will move the priority dates forward.

apt29
10-10-2008, 04:28 PM
We need to respect the idea however small it is. And we can build team or movement by treating the ideas with reason and understanding however small it is. Agreed that the point is not put forth in a sophisticated way. If we mock the ideas, given by members, we lose them forever. And loosing people is loosing cause.

sc3
10-10-2008, 05:15 PM
I would appreciate if anybody can shed some light on this issue. There are applicants in 2003 and 2004 or even earlier from coutries like India and China who started their immigration process way before this retrogression happened. They were and still some of them are hoping that their GC would come soon. From late 2005 the retrogression started.

Can these applicants write to the USCIS that they should not subjected to this retrogression since they were not notified of this retrogression before they started the process. In that way the USCIS can clear atleast their backlogs and the priority dates can move forward for the rest of the applicants. There may be a large group of such people in IV forum who all can come together and start this process.

I am not trying to discredit the applicants later in the process, but with the earlier applicants getting their GC. it will move the priority dates forward.

No one can be told about retrogression before they start (which is why it is retrogression). Of course you can write, but USCIS is not going to follow it unless it really plans to clean up its act. And if it does plan to clean up its act, your mails are not really required :)

There are lot of inefficiencies in the process. Look at what happened to people who went through BEC (worst affected, 4-5 years wait), then look at those who had to wait 2-4 years for the labor (but managed to stay clear of BEC). And then look at those who "Complain" that their PERM did not go through within a couple of months. And then look at the people who have very late priority date and yet claim to be a "victim" of USCIS (it really cracks me up), and that they are stuck with the process (even though they are in the system for less than a couple of years or so).

All of these are personal stories, USCIS could be a little kind hearted and follow the suggestions you make -- but they are not required to be so.

Also on a side note, their new system is probably going to be helpful in determining the new visa bulletin, but without processing efficiencies, it will be of no use.

eastindia
02-22-2011, 09:53 AM
Any update on this? anyone? It has been 2.5 years since this thread was started.

StarSun
02-22-2011, 10:26 AM
Lawsuits Or Advocacy efforts.

Either one of them requires dedicated volunteers, money and participation!

IV is arranging for the advocacy efforts. It has a better chance at being successful. Are you with it? Register for the advocacy days (http://immigrationvoice.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=80&Itemid=36)

If you are hesitant or have questions, call me NOW.

Procrastination and muted response never helped anyone. Give "Voice" to your "Immigration" problems.