PDA

View Full Version : Delay in processing AP and Travel

gcman2005
10-08-2008, 12:04 PM
Hello,

I have following situation and need some help on making my travel decision:

1. Me and my wife booked ticket to travel to India on October 27th and coming back on November 29th. Our advance parole will expire in NOV 18th. We have H1B approval till 2010 from a company A. I am working on H1B and my wife working on EAD.

2. Me and my wife filed EAD/AP July 29th 2008. My AP got approved on Aug 31. But my wifes AP/EAD is not yet approved.

3. Two months back my H1B sponsoring company( company A) was acquired by company B. Company B is a Canadian company. Company B has taken all obligations and liabilities of LCA's of company A.

4. Since the aquiring comany is candian company my offer letter and the employment verifaication letters are with address and telephone numbers of canada/ottawa.

5. My pay stubs are still issued with name of Campany A.

6. Since My wifes AP is not approved we are planning stamp out H1B/h4 visa at us consulate in chennai. I am wondering with above situation is there any risk in visa approval at chennai consulate ?

7. Is there any way from now and OCtober 27 I can expidate the AP approval for my wifes application?

8. How long it takes these days for H1B visa approvals at chennai with the new PIMS process ? Will I get visa approved on Nov 10th if my interview is on NOV 3rd?

9. What are the risks in this travel ?

vin13
10-08-2008, 12:44 PM
I am in the similar situation too...but I got time till Jan

Does anyone know how long it takes to get AP aprroved.

gcman2005
10-15-2008, 03:47 AM
My wifes EAD got approved today. Still waiting for AP.

gcman2005
10-17-2008, 07:45 PM
My wifes AP also approved today. The case had a LUD on 15th but the case was not approved on that day. I had sent a fax to 402-219-6171 with my travel Itinerary on 16th and there was a LUD on 16th. And on 17 they approved the application.

I had a infopass appointment on 16th and the immigration officer gave me the fax number. He was telling me that another person had came to expedite the application and he got approval after sending the fax.

sanjay02
10-17-2008, 08:00 PM
Got my AP in the mail yesterday but have only 2 originals, last time I got 3 so any idea if I will be able to make more than 2 trips out of the country?

pooja_34
10-17-2008, 08:32 PM
The only time they keep an original is the first time. After that they never keep the original but return it to you when you return.

My wife and I only had 2 AP originals when we applied last year and made 2 trips outside the US. So relax and dont worry. You're fine.

Got my AP in the mail yesterday but have only 2 originals, last time I got 3 so any idea if I will be able to make more than 2 trips out of the country?

sanjay02
10-17-2008, 09:24 PM
Thanks do I need to specifically tell the immigration officer at port of entry to make a copy?

pooja_34

The only time they keep an original is the first time. After that they never keep the original but return it to you when you return.

My wife and I only had 2 AP originals when we applied last year and made 2 trips outside the US. So relax and dont worry. You're fine.

pooja_34
10-17-2008, 10:33 PM
We never had to tell the IO to do anything. They knew what to do.

But if some IO tries to keep a copy of the original after the initial time - I would tell them that it is the only original that you have left.

But we never had that problem to deal with.

Thanks do I need to specifically tell the immigration officer at port of entry to make a copy?

pooja_34

masterji
10-17-2008, 11:06 PM
Can you enter in AP and continue as H1B?

bklog_sufferer
10-18-2008, 04:09 AM
Hello,

I have following situation and need some help on making my travel decision:

1. Me and my wife booked ticket to travel to India on October 27th and coming back on November 29th. Our advance parole will expire in NOV 18th. We have H1B approval till 2010 from a company A. I am working on H1B and my wife working on EAD.

2. Me and my wife filed EAD/AP July 29th 2008. My AP got approved on Aug 31. But my wifes AP/EAD is not yet approved.

3. Two months back my H1B sponsoring company( company A) was acquired by company B. Company B is a Canadian company. Company B has taken all obligations and liabilities of LCA's of company A.

4. Since the aquiring comany is candian company my offer letter and the employment verifaication letters are with address and telephone numbers of canada/ottawa.

5. My pay stubs are still issued with name of Campany A.

6. Since My wifes AP is not approved we are planning stamp out H1B/h4 visa at us onsulate in chennai. I am wondering with above situation is there any risk in visa approval at chennai consulate ?

7. Is there any way from now and OCtober 27 I can expidate the AP approval for my wifes application?

8. How long it takes these days for H1B visa approvals at chennai with the new PIMS process ? Will I get visa approved on Nov 10th if my interview is on NOV 3rd?

9. What are the risks in this travel ?

gcman2005,

1) If you do not pocess the approved A/P document before you leave US, you have no option but to get H4 stamping done at a US consulate outside US

2) H1/H4 stamping shouldn't take more than 7 days at any US consulate in India, although they say 7 days it is usually much faster i,e 2-3 days.

3) H1/H4 stamping for reentering US residents usually they would issue very easily, i,e there should not be any risks.

Good luck