PDA

View Full Version : Traveling on Emergency AP

zeorist123
05-23-2011, 03:57 PM
My wife ( who is on EAD) and son applied for an Emergency advanced parole. We have all filed out I485 and have the receipt. They are both on H-4 and I am on H-1B. They were granted the AP documents and now my wife is unable to travel due to her job. I am sending my son on the Emergency AP to India alone. He is 15.6 years old. Since he is a minor and does not have an EAD what else do we need to give him to take if he gets questioned by an immigration officer. Will he get stopped at all or will they let him go since he is a minor.

Thank you.

zeorist123
05-23-2011, 05:54 PM
Yes I am worried about him returning. And he will be coming alone as well.
what documents should he take with him.

zeorist123
05-23-2011, 06:11 PM
He has flown alone before domestically. And he is of the correct age to fly alone internationally. ( Thats what Continental airlines told us)

Most flights let children over 14 years of age fly alone.

zeorist123
05-23-2011, 09:58 PM
Do the immigration officers always stop minors ?
He has all of the documents needed.
Could you send me a link or something that shows that they will stop minors if they are not accompanied by an adult.

hiralal
05-23-2011, 10:20 PM
My wife ( who is on EAD) and son applied for an Emergency advanced parole. We have all filed out I485 and have the receipt. They are both on H-4 and I am on H-1B. They were granted the AP documents and now my wife is unable to travel due to her job. I am sending my son on the Emergency AP to India alone. He is 15.6 years old. Since he is a minor and does not have an EAD what else do we need to give him to take if he gets questioned by an immigration officer. Will he get stopped at all or will they let him go since he is a minor.

Thank you.
why would you do something like that ...try to take atleast a week off ..the problem with immigration is that it is highly unpredictable / unreasonable - people can send you links and articles that you mentioned in last post but that would be of no use when your son will really need help - the only thing that can be helpful for your son is the phone number of a lawyer ..in short - don't do this unless you like to gamble and spend sleepless nights ...and why don't you spend some money and consult a lawyer if you have no other options

zeorist123
05-23-2011, 10:24 PM
thank you for the response Hiralal.
I am thinking about sending him 1st and his mother after 15 days.
Then they will return together.
Does that seem more reasonable.
Because I am unable to travel due to my job and my status.