PDA

View Full Version : LUD recieved 10/6 (RFE) for July 2007 Filer

hindu_king
10-06-2008, 05:17 PM
I had an LUD dated 10/6/08

I got the following message when I checked USCIS Website:

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Request for Additional Evidence Sent

On October 3, 2008, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the requested information. This case will be in suspense until we receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once we receive the requested evidence or information and make a decision on the case, you will be notified by mail. If you move while this case is pending, call 1-800-375-5283 to update your address.
----

I havent seen the actual RFE but my priority date is Dec 2005 (EB2). I wonder what the RFE is about but does this mean my application is being processed? Maybe they assigned a number in September? Why would they even look at my application in october? Do you get RFEs even when your PD is not current?

WaitingForMyGC
10-06-2008, 05:35 PM
Yes. That happens. They do process your application even if your PD is not current.

gc_buddy
10-06-2008, 05:57 PM
That's true. I got RFE on my 485 with pD June 2007 6 months back though I wasn't current

Yes. That happens. They do process your application even if your PD is not current.

jingi1234
10-06-2008, 06:42 PM
gc_buddy: What was your RFE about?

sprash
10-07-2008, 07:40 PM
I got an RFE too for both me and my wife (and we're not current either) ... wonder whats going on!

gc_buddy
10-07-2008, 07:42 PM
gc_buddy: What was your RFE about?

They have asked the following

1. Pay stubs
2. Marriage certificate
3. Driving liscence
4. Son's Birth Certificate

gcnirvana
10-07-2008, 08:27 PM
Myself and my wife received RFEs for our cases. For me its the current employment letter and for my wife, it seems she didn't sign the I-693 form :(
They've sent the form as it is to my attorney. He has to send it to me and she has to sign it in front of the Civil Surgeon who gave the report initially.

Though I am a little tense about the RFE, am happy that they atleast touched our files!! Fingers crossed...

sprash
10-08-2008, 03:25 PM
Ok, I just got the RFEs from my lawyer:

For my wife, it just appears she needs to update her medical examination results. The civil surgeon forgot to put the date for the lab test they did that proves that she is immune to varicella.

For me, we need to provide additional confirmation of your current employment, and employment history with my current employer.

I have not ported my case from another employer, else they have asked for more proof.

I've attached the 2 RFE for those that are interested... hopefully it might help someone!

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b337/sprash/RFEMine.jpg
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b337/sprash/RFEWife.jpg

hindu_king
10-08-2008, 05:11 PM
I got an RFE too for both me and my wife (and we're not current either) ... wonder whats going on!

First of all, thanks for sharing the info! Some questions:

- When did they mail your RFE? (Mine was mailed on Oct 3 but havent recieved it yet)
- Did you receive it or did your lawyer recieve the RFE?
- Do you think a visa number has been assigned to your case or my case under Sept Bulletin?
- What do you think will happen after they recieve your response? Would they issue GCs or will they file the applications till your PD gets current again?
- Are you using a lawyer to respond to the RFE or are you doing it on your own?
- Would your lawyer charge for responding to RFE? (I'm under the impression that lawyer fees for RFEs are covered in the fees paid during 485 filing)

Dont mean to interrogate you but just curious as I'm in the same situation. Thanks!

gcdreamer05
10-08-2008, 05:17 PM

For my wife, it just appears she needs to update her medical examination results. The civil surgeon forgot to put the date for the lab test they did that proves that she is immune to varicella.

For me, we need to provide additional confirmation of your current employment, and employment history with my current employer.

I have not ported my case from another employer, else they have asked for more proof.

I've attached the 2 RFE for those that are interested... hopefully it might help someone!

Dear sprash, gave you a green, for taking so much pain to upload the jpegs and to have linked them with explanation. Hard to fidn ppl like you man.

sparuthi
10-08-2008, 05:23 PM
When i checked my status online, i saw that there was a LUD on my pending case on 10/7 and 10/8. Wondering there is a LUD, I called the NSC and the person on the phone told me that the case is being reviewed by an officer.

My question is that if there are no numbers available, then why would there be a LUD on the case status. So has anyone else seen a LUD on their cases as recently as after Oct 1, 2008????

MY PD is March 2006
Filed 485 in July 2007.
RD is Aug 2007.
Category - EB2

cheers

prem_goel
10-08-2008, 05:24 PM

so do they process the application all the way to the end barring the allocation of visa number? I am assuming the allocation of visa number must be happening later in the process since they are processing 485's that are not current.

Escape_Velocity
10-08-2008, 05:25 PM
I really appreciate the gesture on your part in posting the RFE's. It will serve as a good point of reference if someone is looking for an actual RFE and kinda get an idea of the various artifacts required by USCIS.

godspeed
10-08-2008, 05:25 PM
Thanks for sharing, your effort is appreciated dude.

godspeed
10-08-2008, 05:29 PM
Can you please share your pd/rd/nd and service center? just wanted to check if there is a date pattern they are following to process 485?
I had an LUD dated 10/6/08

I got the following message when I checked USCIS Website:

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Request for Additional Evidence Sent

On October 3, 2008, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the requested information. This case will be in suspense until we receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once we receive the requested evidence or information and make a decision on the case, you will be notified by mail. If you move while this case is pending, call 1-800-375-5283 to update your address.
----

I havent seen the actual RFE but my priority date is Dec 2005 (EB2). I wonder what the RFE is about but does this mean my application is being processed? Maybe they assigned a number in September? Why would they even look at my application in october? Do you get RFEs even when your PD is not current?

hindu_king
10-08-2008, 05:41 PM
Can you please share your pd/rd/nd and service center? just wanted to check if there is a date pattern they are following to process 485?

PD is Dec 2005
Filed on July 2 2007 (This is RD - right?)
ND is Sept 4 2007
Filed in NSC

It looks like more and more people are getting RFEs in the last few days and hopefully thats a good sign.

ashwinr
10-08-2008, 05:46 PM
I received a RFE on my 485 on Sept 30th (though no email till now)

My attorney just received it. I had informed them of change of job under AC21.
They are asking for EVL w/ job description, requirements, title & pay for new employer

gcnirvana
10-08-2008, 05:57 PM
Sprash,
Thanks for posting the attachment and appreciate your effort!
Can you please let me know whats the deadline to respond to the RFE? I've got a similar RFE for me and my wife but not sure how much time we have to respond. Thanks!

GCfast
10-08-2008, 09:34 PM
Both me and my spouse also received soft LUD's twice, once on 10/7 and once today 10/8 . Not sure if it means anything as we are not current.

PD: Nov 2004/EB2
I140 - Approved Sept 08
Center - TSC
485 applied - July 2007

thanks

godspeed
10-08-2008, 10:28 PM
Thanks for sharing this info.
I hv received an RFE on employment verification(dont know why i received it since i am with the same employer) anyways our attorney is responding by this week, keeping our fingers crossed, anything is possible with USCIS

PD is Dec 2005
Filed on July 2 2007 (This is RD - right?)
ND is Sept 4 2007
Filed in NSC

It looks like more and more people are getting RFEs in the last few days and hopefully thats a good sign.

sprash
10-08-2008, 10:40 PM
First of all, thanks for sharing the info! Some questions:

- When did they mail your RFE? (Mine was mailed on Oct 3 but havent recieved it yet)

They mailed on Oct 2nd, my lawyer received it yesterday (Oct 7th)

- Did you receive it or did your lawyer recieve the RFE?
The Lawyer
- Do you think a visa number has been assigned to your case or my case under Sept Bulletin?
My lawyer said thats a possibility, but she said you never know what they're up to. In either case she said its a good sign that they are looking at our case.
- What do you think will happen after they recieve your response? Would they issue GCs or will they file the applications till your PD gets current again?
We have no idea. My lawyer also said that she doesn't know
- Are you using a lawyer to respond to the RFE or are you doing it on your own?
I'm using my lawyer. She will help me draft a letter that I'll get signed by my CEO
- Would your lawyer charge for responding to RFE? (I'm under the impression that lawyer fees for RFEs are covered in the fees paid during 485 filing)
I don't know if she will charge. I'm guessing not. However my employer is covering the legal fees.
Dont mean to interrogate you but just curious as I'm in the same situation. Thanks!
That's fine. I had a ton of questions and was equally worried when I saw I had an RFE!

Please see my answers in red

sprash
10-08-2008, 10:44 PM
Sprash,
Thanks for posting the attachment and appreciate your effort!
Can you please let me know whats the deadline to respond to the RFE? I've got a similar RFE for me and my wife but not sure how much time we have to respond. Thanks!

We have up to NOV 2nd to respond and were issued RFE on 2nd OCT. Looks like they give a month, but they snail mail the RFE which took 5 days in my case!

hindu_king
10-09-2008, 10:49 AM
Please see my answers in red

Sparsh, Thanks for your answers and good luck on your GC!

godspeed
10-19-2008, 11:59 AM
Folks,

We have sent the response to our RFE, and the case status has changed to resumed processing, and it also states ' You should expect to receive a written decision or written update within 60 days of the date we received your response' .
Does this mean they can approve the case even if the dates are not current?
I know this is kind of vague, but thought of posting my doubt to see if i could get any help with answer/information.

sri1309
10-19-2008, 12:38 PM

Good job in posting details and the uploaded files. How do I give you a green.. Is it the green arrow.. Let me try that.

godspeed
10-20-2008, 05:21 PM
here is a post from -
http://www..com/discussion-forums/i485-1/226416695/last-page/

They discuss issue of when VISA number is assigned.One guy has posted link from murthy forum-
http://www.murthy.com/news/n_app485.html

Apparently VISA number is assigned only if PD is current and case is approvable.
There are some sporadic cases where VISA number is applied while issuing RFE and that is incorrect process followed by adjudicating officers and there is a chance such GC might be rescinded in future.
Check out above murthy link for more info.
People who get such GC should have some backup plan ready after consulting attorney in case they are issued a GC when PD is not current.

Thanks for this info, makes sense to double check.