PDA

View Full Version : E-Rally Similar to TBoone Pickens Plan

ameryki
10-06-2008, 10:07 AM
Hello Everyone,
I have been following the T Boone Pickens energy plan and updates very closely. Just received this note earlier today. I am wondering if we can do something similar to create more awareness of our issues?

Wow. The Army's response has been unbelievable.
But what you do now really matters.
Less than 48 hours ago, I asked you and the rest of the army to RSVP for our e-Rally after Tuesday night's debate. Within hours over 14,000 people signed up. That's a helluva lot of people!
Now you can help us break the record and have the largest internet rally in history for energy independence -- it will go a long way in showing Senators McCain and Obama that we mean business about them getting us a plan. Please invite just one more person between now and Tuesday night to join our Army and attend the e-Rally.
What you do now matters to the entire Army and if we all do our part we're going to get this job done yet.
If you haven't RSVP'd yet please do it now -- the rest of the Army is counting on you and I need you to stand with me and get others to join our cause for an energy independent America.

-Boone
PS Remember -- just one family member, friend or co-worker will make the difference on Tuesday night!

ameryki
10-06-2008, 11:36 PM
<<<<Bumo>>> 214 views no feedback?

belmontboy
10-07-2008, 03:27 AM
His plan is to use Wind Energy displacing Natural Gas reserves which would then be used as Auto Fuel

His plan has the same basic flaw. Once we switch vehicles to CNG, we will start importing Natural Gas from other countries.

What we need is some renewable source of energy (like Fuel Cell) to power Autos.

cooler
10-07-2008, 12:00 PM
Belmontboy,
I think the author of the thread was trying to draw attention to the approach used and would like to solicit feedback on how this can be used to further our cause. His intent was not to draw attention to the pros & cons of the plan wrt to the usage of renewable vs CNG

I think this is a great idea. There are enough brain cells within the IV communities to get something actionable out of this.

His plan is to use Wind Energy displacing Natural Gas reserves which would then be used as Auto Fuel

His plan has the same basic flaw. Once we switch vehicles to CNG, we will start importing Natural Gas from other countries.

What we need is some renewable source of energy (like Fuel Cell) to power Autos.