PDA

View Full Version : I140 processing, risks

Robert Kumar
05-21-2011, 08:12 PM
Hi All,

One of the threads I read about requirements for I-140 smooth approval.
Please let me know

1.if anybody got any RFE's recently for getting I-140 cleared or processed. If so, what are they asking.
2. How important are salary slips in getting this approved
3. Are they asking for any recently pay stubs, if so, for how much period back in history.
The reason I'm asking this is sometimes we loose pay stubs, and hence I wanted to make sure I have all, in case any is missing.
4. Any risks in getting I-140 premium processed when dates are not close to current.
5. Any other risks.
6. How much time is it taking for regular I140 to get processed.

Any advice to this end is highly appreciated.

Thank You.
Bobby.

Robert Kumar
06-05-2011, 12:57 PM
Any Advice please,
Bobby

thankgod
06-05-2011, 01:23 PM
One of the threads I read about requirements for I-140 smooth approval.
Please let me know

1.if anybody got any RFE's recently for getting I-140 cleared or processed. If so, what are they asking.

I got the RFE and it was cleared . Query is about Employer last 3 years taxes.

2. How important are salary slips in getting this approved

You need to have last 3 months pay checks and last year W2

3. Are they asking for any recently pay stubs, if so, for how much period back in history.
The reason I'm asking this is sometimes we loose pay stubs, and hence I wanted to make sure I have all, in case any is missing.

3 months pay checks should submit. Otherwise you will get query.

If you loose one , ask your employer he will provide. because usually they save everything.

4. Any risks in getting I-140 premium processed when dates are not close to current.

There is no risk. But usually when you are applying in premium processing, It will review by supervisors. So make sure you are submitting proper documeetation.

5. Any other risks.

NO. If you have proper docs.

6. How much time is it taking for regular I140 to get processed.

3 months average.

racoon786
07-29-2011, 02:40 PM
My six years end Sept 20, 2011 and my perm was approved last week. My lawyer informed me that it will take 2-3 at least weeks to file I-140 with Premium processing, so probably around Aug 20 at the latest. That would mean just a month remaining on my current I-797. I am pushing my employer to file I-140 to see if I-140 can be filed before Aug 10th. I have a client letter indicating my contract end date as Sept 201 that I can use for H1-B extension.

I have few of options after this:

1. I-140 gets approved within two weeks and I can file for H1-B extension for 3 years (Ideally)
2. I-140 is still pending close to my expiry on Sept 20, then I would file for my H1-B 1Yr extension based on perm approval.
3. Use about 6 months of H1B recapture and extend 797 till Mar 2012 while I wait for I-140. Once I-140 is approved, apply for 3 Yr extension.

Realistically, I would end up with Option 2 or 3, but I would like some advise on which one of these options is better. Thanks for your responses.

pranavgandhi
07-29-2011, 04:27 PM
My six years end Sept 20, 2011 and my perm was approved last week. My lawyer informed me that it will take 2-3 at least weeks to file I-140 with Premium processing, so probably around Aug 20 at the latest. That would mean just a month remaining on my current I-797. I am pushing my employer to file I-140 to see if I-140 can be filed before Aug 10th. I have a client letter indicating my contract end date as Sept 201 that I can use for H1-B extension.

I have few of options after this:

1. I-140 gets approved within two weeks and I can file for H1-B extension for 3 years (Ideally)
2. I-140 is still pending close to my expiry on Sept 20, then I would file for my H1-B 1Yr extension based on perm approval.
3. Use about 6 months of H1B recapture and extend 797 till Mar 2012 while I wait for I-140. Once I-140 is approved, apply for 3 Yr extension.

Realistically, I would end up with Option 2 or 3, but I would like some advise on which one of these options is better. Thanks for your responses.

You can file H1 in regular processing with PERM & recapture(6 months) in regular & once you have I-140 amend your H1 application with I-140 and ask for 3 years extn. This will work out only if ur employer is supportive. Regular processing takes long time to picked up even.