PDA

View Full Version : PA members

sertasheep
11-07-2006, 09:09 PM
PA based members,

Please respond to this post, if you're interested in PA specific IV activities

hianupam
11-17-2006, 11:26 AM
I am based in Allentown,PA. Let me know how I can be of assistance.

randallemery
11-17-2006, 10:08 PM
If anyone is from Philadelphia and could use help finding a place to meet and/or would like to meet people interested in immigrant rights (a broader agenda than just Immigration Voice), I would like to help. Local immigrant rights leaders would like to get a better understanding of what Immigration Voice is advocating, and possibly lend their support on a local level. There is a lot of education that needs to go on even for people who are very active on the issue of immigration. Now that there is a break from the legislative flurry, people are interested in knowing more.

pappu
11-18-2006, 12:46 AM
If anyone is from Philadelphia and could use help finding a place to meet and/or would like to meet people interested in immigrant rights (a broader agenda than just Immigration Voice), I would like to help. Local immigrant rights leaders would like to get a better understanding of what Immigration Voice is advocating, and possibly lend their support on a local level. There is a lot of education that needs to go on even for people who are very active on the issue of immigration. Now that there is a break from the legislative flurry, people are interested in knowing more.
Thanks Randallmery, lets get several more members in this PA chapter so that you can all organize meetings and do local initiatives.

pappu
11-20-2006, 02:17 PM
All pls PM each other and exchange phone numbers and emails so that you can start building your local IV community. Once you have contacted each other, you can start the action items for state chapters.Core members can help you whenever you need help. However we want local members to organize themseves and form a community so that future events can be planned.

reachag
11-20-2006, 03:37 PM
count me in, i am in Harrisburg, PA. Please let me know if i can be of any help.

vvamshi
11-28-2006, 12:37 AM
I am from Malvern, PA

anjali022
11-29-2006, 03:43 PM

Please let me know what I can do to help. I am based in Exton, PA.

Pineapple
12-07-2006, 01:48 AM
I'm based close to Philly.. I normally fly in and out to various destinations Mon-Fri, but there are some weeks when I work from home. Week-ends and evenings are, of course, available for volunteer activity, no matter what.
Let me know if I can help in any way. If any volunteer work is required during week days, do PM me and I'd be glad to check my schedule and would be available if I'm not traveling that week.
Am willing to spend own money on travel and other expenses for volunteer activity.

vikrantp
12-18-2006, 03:46 PM
I currently live in Downingtown,PA.. Would be glad to be of any help. My wife is on H4 she can help out with any activities too..She would be more than glad to..

Pineapple
12-28-2006, 03:50 AM
I am not travelling until mid Jan. I am currently on vacation, and will be available for volunteer activity in the first half of January. (2nd to 15th Jan)
After that, I would be happy to share my travel schedule with those who are seriously interested.
Do let me know if I can help in any way..

SunilKoganti
01-29-2007, 02:19 PM
I am based in West Chester, PA.

krishna.ahd
02-11-2007, 03:39 PM
I am from Bryn Mawr , i usually travel from Mon-Thu.
BTW - How many active member do we have now ??
Any activities/meetings planned ??
Let me know if i can help in any way.

pappu
02-11-2007, 10:03 PM
could someone take the lead and organize the chapter conference call and discuss action items.
thanks

SunilKoganti
02-14-2007, 08:50 PM
Can someone let us know what is the next course of action for the PA chapter?

saimrathi
03-08-2007, 03:50 PM
I am based in Athens, PA.
PD Mar 2005
Labor certification applied for. Current status "In Process"
1st 3 year H1b ends Sept 2007.

H1B-GC
03-12-2007, 02:47 PM
Gang..

I'm based in Pittsburgh,PA. Let me know if anyone is interested in meeting the Local Lawmaker(s) in this area. We can Startegize the plan.

Thanks

pappu
03-12-2007, 05:00 PM
pls set up a conf call to start

little_willy
04-02-2007, 04:51 PM
I live in KOP and plan to meet lawmakers after getting the info from Varsha/Sanjay. Anyone interested in or around Philly let me know, and we can plan this out together.

newuser
04-10-2007, 03:18 PM
Please let me know when and where would you like to meet. Also send a PM

vjverma
04-12-2007, 11:29 PM
Hi,

Please let me know if this state chapter is active. I am keen to participate as well. If the chapter isn't already active, please PM if you'd like to get together in the Philadelphia region.

-Vijay

pappu
04-13-2007, 11:02 AM
Hi,

Please let me know if this state chapter is active. I am keen to participate as well. If the chapter isn't already active, please PM if you'd like to get together in the Philadelphia region.

-Vijay
thanks for the initiative to make your chapter active and bring everyone together. Thanks

phillyag
05-17-2007, 02:56 PM
can anybody suggest a good immi lawyer in Philly area

saimrathi
06-06-2007, 07:09 PM
I am based in Athens, PA.
PD Mar 2005
Labor certification applied for. Current status "In Process"
1st 3 year H1b ends Sept 2007.

hi All,

My LC got Certified this week.

1. My 1st H1 Visa term is expiring on 9/30/07. Is it necessary to apply in Premium processing for the renewal? When is the latest you should apply?

2. Is it advised to apply for I-140 Filing by Premium processing?

newcomer
06-06-2007, 07:37 PM
1. For H1 renewal, you can go for either premimum or regular processing. Its upto you. Based on feedback from some of friends, the normal processing is taking a long time than usual. So its better to start the process asap.

2.Since you labor was approved recently, I don't think you need to apply I-140 in premium processning. Better save the money and donate a part of it to IV.

Best of luck.

hi All,

My LC got Certified this week.

1. My 1st H1 Visa term is expiring on 9/30/07. Is it necessary to apply in Premium processing for the renewal? When is the latest you should apply?

2. Is it advised to apply for I-140 Filing by Premium processing?

saimrathi
06-08-2007, 05:06 PM
1. For H1 renewal, you can go for either premimum or regular processing. Its upto you. Based on feedback from some of friends, the normal processing is taking a long time than usual. So its better to start the process asap.

2.Since you labor was approved recently, I don't think you need to apply I-140 in premium processning. Better save the money and donate a part of it to IV.

Best of luck.

I wish I could donate it to IV. But my company is paying for it, so I can't do that... SO again, is it better to apply PP for I-140?

tikka
06-11-2007, 11:26 PM
I live in KOP and plan to meet lawmakers after getting the info from Varsha/Sanjay. Anyone interested in or around Philly let me know, and we can plan this out together.

please check

Thank you

tikka
06-12-2007, 10:49 AM
Hi,

-Vijay

Please check.
Also, lets try and see if we can get more members

thank you

ramus
06-12-2007, 01:47 PM
It doesn't make sense
I wish I could donate it to IV. But my company is paying for it, so I can't do that...I am not clear what company has to do in order for you to donate to IV..

Sorry all.. I know its not place to talk about fund but was just surprised to see this message.

I wish I could donate it to IV. But my company is paying for it, so I can't do that... SO again, is it better to apply PP for I-140?

saimrathi
06-12-2007, 04:11 PM
It doesn't make sense
I wish I could donate it to IV. But my company is paying for it, so I can't do that...I am not clear what company has to do in order for you to donate to IV..

Sorry all.. I know its not place to talk about fund but was just surprised to see this message.

The company is paying for the GC.. is what I meant.. please dont solicit donations.. They wouldn't be called DONATIONS if they had to be solicited...

ramus
06-12-2007, 05:34 PM
Sorry if my post hurt you.. But I still don't agree with the statement that I can't donate because my company is paying for GC.

I think everybody's company has to pay for GC.

Again my intention is not force or irritate people about fund but I am just trying to make things clear for new members who might like to donate to IV.

Thanks.

The company is paying for the GC.. is what I meant.. please dont solicit donations.. They wouldn't be called DONATIONS if they had to be solicited...

tikka
06-13-2007, 01:03 PM
I'm based close to Philly.. I normally fly in and out to various destinations Mon-Fri, but there are some weeks when I work from home. Week-ends and evenings are, of course, available for volunteer activity, no matter what.
Let me know if I can help in any way. If any volunteer work is required during week days, do PM me and I'd be glad to check my schedule and would be available if I'm not traveling that week.
Am willing to spend own money on travel and other expenses for volunteer activity.

please check

tikka
06-13-2007, 03:53 PM
Is there anyone else who would like to get involved in IV activities?
So far I have heard from-

Hianupam
Pineapple
vjverma

Thank you

tikka
06-18-2007, 06:19 PM
Sorry if my post hurt you.. But I still don't agree with the statement that I can't donate because my company is paying for GC.

I think everybody's company has to pay for GC.

Again my intention is not force or irritate people about fund but I am just trying to make things clear for new members who might like to donate to IV.

Thanks.

It all good. The only people that get irritated are the ones that have not contributed.
Thank you for your all efforts.

vjverma
07-05-2007, 05:44 PM
I've sent emails to PA senators and congressmen regarding the July 2nd developments and asked for an opportunity to talk in person. I will post back in this thread if I hear back from any one.

- Vijay

gsvisu
07-19-2007, 08:41 AM
I am from Exton area.

I am in too...Like NY & CA IV chapters is there any PA yahoo groups ?

sanjaymk
07-19-2007, 10:29 AM
Hello All -

I work close to philly aswell, please add me to your mailing list or groups if any.

Thanks,
Sanjay.

neerajvir
07-20-2007, 02:09 PM
I'd like to get more involved in the PA chapter too.

tikka
07-25-2007, 11:10 AM
I'd like to get more involved in the PA chapter too.

please check

tikka
07-25-2007, 11:17 AM
why dont you folks join
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/immigrationvoiceny/

when we get a few more members for PA we can create a yahoo group.

Thoughts?

Pineapple
07-28-2007, 09:35 PM
Hi, all PA people,
Is this chapter active?
I'm still traveling mon-fri, but would be glad to meet on weekends.. Only Tikka has contacted me so far.. he/she had proposed meeting at a coffee shop, at a location convenient to all..
I'm located around 1 hour from Philly downtown. Let me know..

bala50
08-01-2007, 06:57 PM
Hi PA Ivers,

I hope all of you are coming to Sept 13 th rally. Lets show our PA chapter strength and commitment at the rally.
I live just outside philly.

BALA

little_willy
08-16-2007, 01:04 AM
Thanks bala50. I live around Philly too. From the above posts, it appears there are few IV members in this region. This is encouraging. We should all get together and start planning for the rally soon. Any ideas on where and when to meet.

Hi PA Ivers,

I hope all of you are coming to Sept 13 th rally. Lets show our PA chapter strength and commitment at the rally.
I live just outside philly.

BALA

paskal
08-16-2007, 01:26 AM
folks,

greetings! good to see the response on this thread. PA being in the neighborhood of DC is critical to rally mobilization efforts. and that, friends, puts you at the center of the efforts to ensure an awesome attendance...
what's more you guys are uniquely placed to help with rally preparations. a functioning active PA chapter needs to be up and running soon, and iv is happy to offer you all help needed to achieve this.
Tikka, as always your efforts are beyond words! thanks for pushing this along.
we need to identify one or more coordinators for this chapter. you folks need to discuss this and let me know, one or more of you may simply want to volunteer. following that we will help you mobilize, organize, energize...ok i'm out of izes!
all the best...iv needs you....just as we all need iv. remember, we are iv, there is no iv but us. if we do not stand up for ourselves, no one else will.
thanks and don't forget to update your profiles!

See you all in DC 9/18!!

paskal
08-16-2007, 09:45 AM
please join in

little_willy
08-16-2007, 01:51 PM
Thanks newuser and valuablehurdle. I received your PM, please also do send your contact info, i will try to create a googlegroup for the PA state chapter. I just checked that there will be "Festival of India" celebrations at Penns Landing, Philadelphia this Saturday, 08/18. <http://www.indiacouncil.org/>. We can start our efforts from here by distributing the flyers.

Others please join in to make our state chapter a success.

little_willy
08-16-2007, 03:56 PM
I have sent PM to neerajvir, gsvisu, sanjaymk, vjverma and H1B-GC. Please check and respond with your contact details. We should try and meet this Saturday at Penns Landing. See previous post for details.

Other PA members peeking at this thread, this is it, don't hesitate and join the rally effort. We being so close to D.C should show our strength.

paskal
08-16-2007, 03:59 PM
glad to see you guys up and running
iv core is happy to assist you any way we can
please designate one or more coordinators for your group
this is a voluntary deal, but will be very helpful.
also do you guys have a mailing group set up?

little_willy
08-16-2007, 04:06 PM
also do you guys have a mailing group set up?

Not yet, will set up as soon I get the responses. Hopefully today.

paskal
08-16-2007, 04:12 PM
you will be the designated volunteer from PA
we may try to st up a mail group and a conference call for chapter coordinators to communicate with each other and with the core team

little_willy
08-17-2007, 01:54 AM
I have created a google group for PA state chapter
"iv-pa@googlegroups.com".

So far, I have added bala50 and valuablehurdle to this group. Others please PM me your email id. Thanks.

newuser
08-17-2007, 08:41 AM
Did send my e-mail details. Please include me in the loop.

I have created a google group for PA state chapter
"iv-pa@googlegroups.com".

So far, I have added bala50 and valuablehurdle to this group. Others please PM me your email id. Thanks.

little_willy
08-17-2007, 11:43 AM
Did send my e-mail details. Please include me in the loop.

Thank you. Just added newuser, saimrathi and phillyag. Please ignore my first invite to join the group. I added all the members directly now.

little_willy
08-17-2007, 04:27 PM
Hello H1B-GC - Would you like to sign up as a volunteer? PM me and I will add to the group. IV member "valuablehurdle" is from Pittsburgh too and you guys can get together and mobilize the efforts around the area.

Gang..

I'm based in Pittsburgh,PA. Let me know if anyone is interested in meeting the Local Lawmaker(s) in this area. We can Startegize the plan.

Thanks

little_willy
08-17-2007, 04:54 PM
Any IV members from Harrisburg or Allentown ???

little_willy
08-18-2007, 03:29 AM
Thanks valuablehurdle for taking the initiative in the Pittsburgh area. Others, help your own cause and get involved in the various activities. Cities like Harrisburg, Allentown, Philadelphia and Pittsburgh do have a sizeable immigrant crowd, but the response to IV's request doesn't reflect the same. We need local people aggressively publicising IV efforts because time is short and we need to gather as many people as possible for the rally. Again, I am requesting all PA members to step up and take the initiative to spread the message.

little_willy
08-20-2007, 02:49 AM
I did post the flyers with rally details at restaurants and grocery shops in and around my place.

Did you???

little_willy
08-20-2007, 03:54 PM
I was hoping for atleast 250 people from Pennsylvania (initially I thought 500) for the DC rally, but 12 from the entire state is rather disappointing. What is holding you back? When members are willing to fly from California, why are you hesitating to drive for 3 to 4 hours to the rally. You don't even have to spend the previous night there, just start a bit early. If you need a ride, let us know, IV is more than happy to help. All you have to do is take a day off work which I can assure will be worth it for you. Strength is in numbers, check this youtube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU8DDYz68kM to understand the power of numbers.

little_willy
08-20-2007, 07:01 PM
^^^^ Bump ^^^^

paskal
08-20-2007, 07:38 PM
if you can motivate yourself, do not worry about getting to DC
just be willing to go, and to stand tall and help yourself.
iv will be happy to help arrange a bus from PA if you guys will simply step and do the needful. there is no time like now, please don't hesistate. let's meet in DC 9/18!

little_willy
08-20-2007, 09:57 PM
Thanks paskal.

if you can motivate yourself, do not worry about getting to DC
just be willing to go, and to stand tall and help yourself.
iv will be happy to help arrange a bus from PA if you guys will simply step and do the needful. there is no time like now, please don't hesistate. let's meet in DC 9/18!

sertasheep
08-24-2007, 02:45 PM
bumping thread <<<

little_willy
08-28-2007, 01:18 AM
^^^^^

little_willy
08-29-2007, 01:26 AM
Please participate in this poll.
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12872

swede
08-29-2007, 08:51 AM
Hi,

I'm from Philadelphia and, yes, I will attend the rally.

little_willy
08-29-2007, 01:36 PM
Thanks Swede and Meenal for joining the PA state chapter. Others, what are you waiting for?

Hi,

I'm from Philadelphia and, yes, I will attend the rally.

little_willy
08-30-2007, 06:59 PM
^^^^Bump^^^^

little_willy
08-30-2007, 11:24 PM
Welcome new members to the state chapter - gcseeker2, gcpains and sam20.

Other fence-sitters, make up your mind, it is NOW or NEVER.

jaocanada
09-05-2007, 12:35 AM
Guys,
Am from Pittsburgh and currently travel to Philly Mon to Thu. Am planning to attend the DC rally. Anyone going from Pittsburgh? We can do car share and or hop on the bus.
little_willy - are you the coordinator for PA? Please add me to PA state chapter mailing list - I am PM'ing you my contact details...

Thanks

dollar500
11-15-2007, 01:30 PM
I would like to participate. Thanks

Kapils573
11-15-2007, 02:18 PM
Count me in too. I am in Devon PA

ns33
03-20-2008, 03:21 PM
I'd like to join PA chapter.
NS

bala50
03-20-2008, 04:21 PM
send an email to the address listed in my signature.

Please include your
1.Name
2.Telephone number

Our chapter leader will get in touch with you.

Thanks again for your interest in IV-PA

ns33
03-24-2008, 12:20 AM
send an email to the address listed in my signature.

Please include your
1.Name
2.Telephone number

Our chapter leader will get in touch with you.

Thanks again for your interest in IV-PA

'm getting error response from googlegroups..
You do not have permission to post to group iv-pa. You may need to join the
group before being allowed to post, or this group may not be open to posting.

kbharadwaj81
04-01-2008, 06:33 AM
Hi,
You people are doing a wonderful job. I will be in US by August this year at Indiana PA. Will be an active member once i come down over there. Is there any thing that I can do sitting miles away in India like poster preparation,Mailing to the members or any other activities that can be outsourced :D pls let me know

valuablehurdle
04-01-2008, 10:02 AM
I did a phone call from the chapter leader last night. Please count me in.

little_willy
04-01-2008, 11:45 AM
'm getting error response from googlegroups..

Hi ns33 - check your PM and respond. Thanks.

little_willy
04-01-2008, 11:47 AM
Hi,
You people are doing a wonderful job. I will be in US by August this year at Indiana PA. Will be an active member once i come down over there. Is there any thing that I can do sitting miles away in India like poster preparation,Mailing to the members or any other activities that can be outsourced :D pls let me know

Hi - Thanks for your interest. Get in touch with us when you come here, we could definitely use your help.

gg_ny
07-05-2008, 08:29 PM
Hi - Thanks for your interest. Get in touch with us when you come here, we could definitely use your help.

Hi,

I am in NY but exploring the possibilities of moving to southern PA. I was recommended Chester county in terms of school district etc. Are there anybody in the PA chapter who could discuss about living in souther PA...? Kindly write a mail to me, and I will contact back.
thanks,

gg_ny