PDA

View Full Version : welcome NJ Members

days_go_by
11-07-2006, 08:55 PM
Hello NJ members,
Please introduce yourself here.
I am a volunteer for IV, I live in Newport, Jersey City.
I have a May 2001 PD stuck at BEC and a 2004 PD labo approved but can't file 485.
Regards,
dgb.

Ahimsa
11-08-2006, 03:49 PM
Hi
I live in Iselin
My labor filed in Nov 2003 as NY EB3 RIR
Not yet approved -- "In Process"

the_jaguar
11-08-2006, 05:46 PM
Central Jersey here..

aditya
11-10-2006, 10:55 AM
From Jersey City Here

reach me at aditya17.nyc@gmail.com

ak27
11-20-2006, 11:51 AM
Hello,

I am from Plainsboro NJ..

TL PD 09/20/2004

PERM Conv stuff for last 8 months..

What is the best way to invite folks to join IV..

NJ has south asian programming on comcast on Sat and Sun. Can we some how put something through them.

Also, should we try to meet Newly Elect Sen Bob Menedez and try explain our situations.

Let us try to do our bit folks....

pappu
11-20-2006, 02:09 PM
All pls PM each other and exchange phone numbers and emails so that you can start building your local IV community. Once you have contacted each other, you can start the action items for state chapters.

ak27
11-29-2006, 10:36 AM
Good Morning Everyone,
Let us setup a time and talk about meeting Law Makers. I can be reached at ajay1857@gmail.com

My no is 732-910-5926.. Please get as many friend you can get signed up for our chapter. We have very few signed up so far. I would think that we have thousands of people like us in this boat.

Thank you

varshadas
11-29-2006, 04:41 PM
My PD is Oct 2002 - EB3.
140 cleared.

I can be reached at varshadas@hotmail.com

We need to have a conference call between us and then go and meet whoever we have to.

We have to be very clear on what we have to talk about and must bring the issues to light in a way that will have a lasting effect on the listener.

pappu
11-30-2006, 02:16 AM
thanks for the responses on this thread. Can one of you take the responsibility of contacting everyone and organizing the conference call? In the confrence call everyone can introduce themselves, discuss ideas and action items to work on.

myimmivoice
11-30-2006, 08:15 AM
from Plainsboro, NJ.

varshadas
12-01-2006, 11:50 PM
Lets schedule a conference call this Tuesday, that is, 12/05/2006 at Noon EDT. Let me know if everyone is OK with this time. Also, lets try to get more members on this state chapter. Meanwhile if people here can do some research on the people whom we want to meet up with.

Thanks,
Varsha

varshadas
12-12-2006, 03:34 PM
C'mmon guys. No one seems to be responding in this thread. Lets do something.

ak27
12-12-2006, 09:22 PM
Hello varshadas ,
I was traveling last week. Let us start communicating over email. I am enclosing my email id
ajay1857@gmail.com.. Let us talk and start working on some stuff. I have few ideas..

Ajay

studmvr
12-13-2006, 10:25 AM
PD-Nov03 EB2 here in Central-NJ.
Iam in the process of letting everyone in my friends community know about IV here. Please contact me @ studmvr@yahoo.com for any help for IV.

varshadas
12-13-2006, 10:39 AM
I have scheduled the conference. This is a free conference. I set it up at 9.00 PM on 12/14/2006 since we have to dial a long distance number and our cell phone charges would be free at that time.

Conference Details

Date: Thursday, December 14, 2006
Start Time: 9:00 PM Eastern Std Time
End Time: 10:55 PM Eastern Std Time
Participants: 25
Type of Conference Web-Scheduled Standard
Dial-in Number: 1-605-725-1900 (South Dakota)
Organizer Access Code: *938581 (you must include the leading star key)
Participant Access Code 73141

Thanks,
Varsha

msp1976
12-13-2006, 11:07 AM
Hi
I am Mukund From Edison NJ...
msp1976@yahoo.com

nivasch
12-13-2006, 11:43 AM
Hi, I am from NJ, srini_chenna@yahoo.com
:)

varshadas
12-14-2006, 10:12 AM
Hello All,
This is a reminder to all to join the conference call tonight at 9.00 PM.

Thanks,
Varsha

Rajeev
12-14-2006, 02:59 PM
I am from Park Ridge NJ. I will join the conference today.

varshadas
12-14-2006, 09:20 PM
Except for myself and Rajeev, no one joined the conference call tonight. C'mmon guys, we need some action here. We all ought to participate in these calls. Writing emails, coming and posting I am in is not going to help. We have to take actions here. I will set up a conference call on another day next week and please make sure you all attend.

Thanks,
Varsha

pappu
12-14-2006, 11:54 PM
Except for myself and Rajeev, no one joined the conference call tonight. C'mmon guys, we need some action here. We all ought to participate in these calls. Writing emails, coming and posting I am in is not going to help. We have to take actions here. I will set up a conference call on another day next week and please make sure you all attend.

Thanks,
Varsha
Thank you for organizing the conference call. It is sad to know that only one another member attended the call. All if we do not participate actively in the state chapter activities we will only be hurting our chances for the bill next year. It is every easy to write long posts and several posts on the IV forum about ideas and thoughts but all this does not really help. What helps is the real work -- Meeting lawmakers. Forum is just a tool for us to communicate and share views. Pls all actively take part in chapter activities and attend the next conference call.

varshadas
12-18-2006, 10:11 AM
Hello Everyone,
Can we have the conference call again on Wednesday, 12/20/2006 at 9.00 PM EDT. Also, let me know if you think its a good idea to create an NJ yahoo group so we can all get notified instead of checking back in here every now and then.

Thanks,
Varsha

pappu
12-18-2006, 10:27 AM
Hello Everyone,
Can we have the conference call again on Wednesday, 12/20/2006 at 9.00 PM EDT. Also, let me know if you think its a good idea to create an NJ yahoo group so we can all get notified instead of checking back in here every now and then.

Thanks,
Varsha
Hello Varsha,
Pls organize the conf call and PM everyone in the group. If you like you can start a thread on the main forum to announce this call so that memebers can attend. We need members to actively participate in state chapters. It is very easy to feel frustrated with retrogression and complain but in order to fix the problem we all need to work on it.

varshadas
12-19-2006, 10:26 AM
Conference Details

Date: Wednesday, December 20, 2006
Participant Access Code 22558

Rajeev
12-19-2006, 11:47 AM
Hi Varsha

I will join the conference. My e-mail address is rajeevm100@hotmail.com

msp1976
12-21-2006, 10:28 AM
Please take time to write to the New Jersey Senators this holiday season to encourage them to take up the immigration legislation

Lautenberg, Frank R.- (D - NJ) Class II
324 HART SENATE OFFICE BUILDING WASHINGTON DC 20510
(202) 224-3224
Web Form: http://lautenberg.senate.gov/contact/

Menendez, Robert- (D - NJ) Class I
502 HART SENATE OFFICE BUILDING WASHINGTON DC 20510
(202) 224-4744
Web Form: http://menendez.senate.gov/contact/contact.cfm

pappu
12-21-2006, 11:56 AM
Conference Details

Date: Wednesday, December 20, 2006
Participant Access Code 22558
Hello Varsha,
How was the conf call. pls post some brief notes. All NJ and NY members are invited for the meeting this sunday in CT
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2645

RNGC
12-23-2006, 10:49 PM
Hello everyone...

IV is doing a great job.....I suggest to send email to the individuals private email about these conference calls and meeting etc in atleast 2-3 in advance, ....We get so busy that we may not be able to check IV daily, but we do check our inbox...Planning to go to the CT meeting tomorrow....Anyone from plainsboro send me a PM

Ranga
Plainsboro, NJ

ak27
12-25-2006, 11:07 AM
Hello Everyone,
I have created google group for NJ Chapter and there are four members in this group so far. If you can send me your email ID then I will let you join..

Varsha: I will see if I can change ownership of group to you. It is much easier to communicate through emails then looking at chapter posting..

Thank you
ak27

pappu
12-25-2006, 07:50 PM
If you create groups on yahoo or google make sure you do not miss out on members that come to this thread for updates on state chapter and wish to join.

GCKaIntezar
12-29-2006, 08:51 PM
Hi AK27 and Varsha,
Please count me in for the NJ chapter. I'm from Central Jersey and will call-in for the next conf. My email id: tosanjay_b@yahoo.com

Cheers!
GCKaIntezar

Hello Everyone,
I have created google group for NJ Chapter and there are four members in this group so far. If you can send me your email ID then I will let you join..

Varsha: I will see if I can change ownership of group to you. It is much easier to communicate through emails then looking at chapter posting..

Thank you
ak27

varshadas
01-02-2007, 11:37 AM
Hi Guys,
I was out last week. I am back now. Last time when we had a conference call, we decided to post flyers about immigration voice in our local communities and also getting in touch with the local newspapers. Since everyone is back from the holidays now, lets have a conference call next Wednesday. Till then, please post as many flyers as possible to increase IV's awareness.

Thanks,
Varsha

ak27
01-03-2007, 12:35 PM
Hello Everyone,
Wish all of you very happy new year. So far, we have only six members on group. If I may have missed anyone, please send me an email ajay1857@gmail.com.

NJ chapter must be largest... Let us make it..

Thank you..

ak27
01-09-2007, 11:02 AM
Hi Guys,
I was out last week. I am back now. Last time when we had a conference call, we decided to post flyers about immigration voice in our local communities and also getting in touch with the local newspapers. Since everyone is back from the holidays now, lets have a conference call next Wednesday. Till then, please post as many flyers as possible to increase IV's awareness.

Thanks,
Varsha
Varsha,

Are we on for concall. Please post it again...

Anu119
01-11-2007, 12:36 PM
Hi:
I just joined the chapter.
Would love to be able to volnteer my services to this cause. How can I help? Also it may be a good idea to start a local support group for those of us in line waiting for this immigration hell to be over...may be a get together of some sort....

Wishin' for a better future ahead for all us immigration victims
PD for self: August 03
Labor Cert: pending

PD for husband: Dec 03
Labor Cert & I-140: appoved.

pappu
01-11-2007, 02:21 PM
Hi:
I just joined the chapter.
Would love to be able to volnteer my services to this cause. How can I help? Also it may be a good idea to start a local support group for those of us in line waiting for this immigration hell to be over...may be a get together of some sort....

Wishin' for a better future ahead for all us immigration victims
PD for self: August 03
Labor Cert: pending

PD for husband: Dec 03
Labor Cert & I-140: appoved.
welcome.
pls contact varsha and others to start chapter activities.
varsha, pls plan some action items for the chapter.

ak27
01-19-2007, 10:21 PM
Hello Members,
I was able to attend Tri-State Con Call. These are actionable for us to increase IV membership and awareness..

1. Meet the law members compaign. List of Congress Members is below:
http://www.visi.com/juan/congress/cgi-bin/newseek.cgi?site=ctc&state=nj
2. Media Campaign: Contact major media outlets and try to publish stories about EB Green card issues.
3. Commercials in Theaters playing Hindi movies
4. Distribute flayers on NJ Transit Buses, Trains and Grocery Stores.

It is up to us to get these initiatives going as soon as we can.

pappu
01-19-2007, 11:13 PM
Hello Members,
I was able to attend Tri-State Con Call. These are actionable for us to increase IV membership and awareness..

1. Meet the law members compaign. List of Congress Members is below:
2. Media Campaign: Contact major media outlets and try to publish stories about EB Green card issues.
3. Commercials in Theaters playing Hindi movies
4. Distribute flayers on NJ Transit Buses, Trains and Grocery Stores.

It is up to us to get these initiatives going as soon as we can.
Thanks for attending the call and taking initiative.

Indirant
01-21-2007, 03:52 PM
Hi Guys
I think we should also highlight the investment made by H1B holders in Housing , stock market etc .
Indirant

ak27
01-22-2007, 12:01 PM
Hello Indirant,

Would you able to pick couple of initiatives mentioned on my post...

and let me know your emailid, I will also add you to our google group

varshadas
01-22-2007, 01:31 PM
Has anyone called the Senator's office yet to schedule an appt. If not, then I will go ahead and call. I am planning to call the NY senators too

Thanks,
Varsha

ak27
01-22-2007, 07:10 PM
I do not believe anyone has called yet... Please go ahead make calls to sentators. Core memebers were also suggesting that we get in touch with Congressmen/Congresswomen.

hemal555
01-23-2007, 12:43 PM
Hi Varsha,

Is there any schedule for the ongoing conf call?
Also, please let me know if there are any guidelines about what we need to talk when calling senators.

Thanks,
Hemal

varshadas
01-23-2007, 01:18 PM
Welcome aboard Hemal.

So here is the deal. The congressman to whose district I do not belong will not entertain any requests.

I called up Mike Ferguson and Rodney P. Frelinghuysen office.
Mike Ferguson's office asked me to fax to the request to his office
and I have to write a letter to Rodney P. Frelinghuysen with details of the issue and who will be attending the meeting.

So I guess, you guys have to contact your local congressmen unlike what I had originally thought.

List of the senators and the congressmen

To find your local representative
http://www.house.gov/writerep/

There is no schedule right now for ongoing conference calls. They are adhoc. There was a tri-state chapter call on 1/19/07. Whenever, there is a conference call, there will be a thread in the forums about it.

IV has suggested that the senators of NJ are pro-immigration and that the congressmen are divided. When you call up your local congressmen, just say that you are calling to request a personal meeting with the Congressmen to discuss the immigration legislation.

I am going to talk to IV and find out the exact contents of the letter/fax that we would be sending.

Here is the format letter that you should use to request appointment from your local congressman

Date: 01/24/2007

Dear Congressman XXXX,

I am a concerned constituent writing to you on behalf of ImmigrationVoice, a non profit organization working to get the problems of Employment based Legal Immigration to the attention of lawmakers. I would like to request for a meeting to discuss the problems that the legal high skilled immigrant community is facing.

Employment Based Legal immigration is currently facing some of the worst waiting periods in the recent past. Applicants have to wait to finish their final phase of immigration for as many as 6-7 years because of the lack of employment based green card numbers which is also called Green Card Retrogression. The reasons for these are certain bureaucratic delays, flawed practices and procedures and arcane laws which are not in tune with reality at all.

Please also note that there are more than 350,000 Labor applications pending at the Labor department to be processed. Some of them are as old as from year 2000. These applicants are waiting for certification from the US Department of Labor as high-skilled workers who are not displacing existing American workers in the market.

Subsequent to rigorous but unfruitful recruitment efforts by our employers and other processing stages by USCIS, we still have to face prolonged wait times. It is also to be noted that most of us are already working in the U.S. for the past 5-6 years and are contributing to the U.S. economy in the form of taxes etc - some of which we do not derive any benefit from. This also hurts the businesses in your constituency like my employer because they have to wait indefinitely to hire talented applicants on a permanent basis. This is a very important issue and will determine whether the United States of America remains competitive in the fields of science and technology and retains the best talent from around the world.

ImmigrationVoice is a nonprofit organization comprised of volunteers who are suffering due to these delays and wish to bring this important issue in front of their lawmakers. Hence I would request an appointment so that I can explain these problems and ask for support for some of the legislative measures that have been introduced to alleviate these problems.
I look forward to hearing back from you.

Thank you.
Sincerely,

(Place holder for your signature)
Your name:
Your address:
Your email:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You may have to make minor changes depending on how the Congressman wants the letter. One of the congressman contacted as for the number of people attending.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks,
Varsha

varshadas
01-24-2007, 11:33 PM
Let us have a conf call on 01/27/07 at 10.00 AM. I will post the conference details soon.

Thanks,
Varsha

varshadas
01-25-2007, 11:00 AM
Date: Saturday, January 27, 2007
Start Time: 10:00 AM Eastern Std Time
End Time: 10:40 AM Eastern Std Time
Participant Access Code 34645

Thanks,
Varsha

varshadas
01-27-2007, 12:02 PM
Here is a summary of what we discussed in the conference call. Please add anything that I may have missed out.

1> Contact local congressmen - This is by far the most important thing that we have to do. As mentioned in my previous posts, congressmen will talk to only their district people, so each one of us has to try to contact the local congressmen - Varsha, Sanjay, Shekar, Ajay and Rajeev

2> Investigate our options with EBC radio - Sanjay

3> Investigate our options with Namaste America, AVS - Don't remember who volunteered for this

4> Distribute Flyers at Metropark on Monday - Ajay and Shekhar

5> Distribute Flyers at Bridgewater Temple - Varsha, Sanjay, Shekar, Ajay and Rajeev - Saturday, 02/03/2007

6> Come up with catch flyer sentences - Varsha to come up with the first draft. Lets try to close this out by Wednesday, 01/31/2007.

7> Investigate options with local newspapers - Ajay

8> Contact Oprah Winfrey - Varsha

9> Continue ongoing membership drive - Varsha, Sanjay, Shekar, Ajay and Rajeev

Option Ruled Out - Advertising in Movie Theater
Reason -
1>Cannot control the screens the advertisement will be played on
2>Because of above, could backfire if people not pro-immigration
3>Very expensive. Cost just not justify the benefit

Thank you all for your participation in the call today.

Thanks,
Varsha

Indirant
01-27-2007, 01:20 PM
Hi varsha,
I think sanjay or Rajeev was suppose to work with Ajay in metropark
Sekar

GCKaIntezar
01-30-2007, 11:31 AM
Yes. Ajay and I'll take care of the Metropark distribution.

Re: EBC Radio

For 2 times a day AD, for a month would cost $1000 + $300 (One time, Ad prep cost) = $1300. It would cost $1000 (from month 2 onward)

If we sign-up for a year, they give a free program for 30 minutes (10 minutes intro/conclusion etc, so 20 minutes really).

If we only want to do the 1/2hr program, it would cost $500.

In my opinion, distributing fliers is the BEST and Most cost-effective option. Because our goal (with any type of marketing) is to bring-in more membership/contribution, paying $1800 (1 month ad + 1 program) = 90 people pitching-in for $20 contribution.

I say we leave this Radio/TV Ads option, and just concentrate on distributing fliers and meeting with congressmen/congresswomen as a group in addition to meeting them 1:1.

-Sanjay

Hi varsha,
I think sanjay or Rajeev was suppose to work with Ajay in metropark
Sekar

varshadas
01-30-2007, 11:43 AM
I will send the flyer statements that I think we can put tonight. Like I said, I am not very creative, but I will put my ideas out there. Thanks Sanjay for finding out the EBC details. I like the 30 mins 500 dollars. We can pool in some money from our side and do a 30 mins program. I think it will be still worth it.

Did you guys distribute flyers at Metropark?

Thanks,
Varsha

GCKaIntezar
01-30-2007, 11:51 AM
Waiting for the finalized copy of the flyer. Please post it today, I'll review and re-post for others to comment.

Ajay,
Let me know when do you want to do it? How about this Friday?

Cheers!

I will send the flyer statements that I think we can put tonight. Like I said, I am not very creative, but I will put my ideas out there. Thanks Sanjay for finding out the EBC details. I like the 30 mins 500 dollars. We can pool in some money from our side and do a 30 mins program. I think it will be still worth it.

Did you guys distribute flyers at Metropark?

Thanks,
Varsha

varshadas
01-30-2007, 01:22 PM
This is what I have come up with so far. Please everyone, feel free to modify this:

Have you been following at the snails pace movement of the priority dates? If not, here are some reminders
EB3 moved 2 weeks in 10 months!
EB2 hardly moved in 10 months!

If this is the rate at which things move, you will get your Green Card in anywhere from 5 to 15 years based on your priority dates.

Do you know how this affects you?
• Frustration of sticking to the same employer and no career growth.
• Children not being able to get state benefits.
• Spouses unable to work.
• The feeling of unsettlement.
• Above all, tons of mental stress.

Do you want be in this mess for ever. I am sure you don’t. We deserve better.

We all have to fight together to fix this broken immigration system and achieve IV’s goals to
• Remove retrogression
• Remove backlogs in labor certification
• Remove backlogs in I-140 and I-485 processing
• Revise the way visa quotas for highly skilled workers are determined

Register FREE to become a member today!
www.immigrationvoice.org

ak27
01-30-2007, 03:33 PM
Text looks fine..
Everyone: Pls help with adding some dramain it with Pictures and Graphics...

varshadas
01-30-2007, 03:51 PM
After we come up with the final flyer with images and stuff, we should get it reviewed by IV to make sure that we don't have conflicting statements. We have to get color printouts. We can get them at Kinko's.

Who is good with PPT? Someone can work on the images? Do we want to use IV's existing images or make some new ones?

Thanks,
Varsha

GCKaIntezar
01-30-2007, 04:15 PM
See attached. Added my comments. Please feel free to add/modify.

I suggest that keep it 1 page long only.

varshadas
01-30-2007, 04:15 PM
Do we need images? Can't we just have text on a yellow paper with appropriate text highlighted? We want to emphasize on the text. Not sure what value add an image can have unless we have someone standing in a line outside a gc office with window and we could put something like .. another 5 years... The images has to be in sync with the text. I am not for putting a picture of the capitol hill so much. We have to emphasize on the problem. This is just my opinion.

Thanks,
Varsha

GCKaIntezar
01-30-2007, 04:17 PM
I agree with you. No images, KISS.

Do we need images? Can't we just have text on a yellow paper with appropriate text highlighted? We want to emphasize on the text. Not sure what value add an image can have unless we have someone standing in a line outside a gc office with window and we could put something like .. another 5 years... The images has to be in sync with the text. I am not for putting a picture of the capitol hill so much. We have to emphasize on the problem. This is just my opinion.

Thanks,
Varsha

varshadas
01-30-2007, 04:30 PM
Guys,
Lets have a conference call today to finalize the flyer. I have some comments/questions on the updated flyer. Its better we do this over the phone so that we don't waste time in these posts back and forth. If everyone is OK, I will schedule a call for tonight at 10.30 PM as I have class.

Let me know if that works for you guys or if it is too late, then we can have it tomorrow at Noon.

Thanks,
Varsha

varshadas
01-31-2007, 11:01 AM
Please let me know if we can have a conference call tonight to finalize the flyer. We have to close out the flyer today.

Thanks,
Varsha

Rajeev
01-31-2007, 05:28 PM
This is what I have come up with so far. Please everyone, feel free to modify this:

Have you been following at the snails pace movement of the priority dates? If not, here are some reminders
EB3 moved 2 weeks in 10 months!
EB2 hardly moved in 10 months!

If this is the rate at which things move, you will get your Green Card in anywhere from 5 to 15 years based on your priority dates.

Do you know how this affects you?
• Frustration of sticking to the same employer and no career growth.
• Children not being able to get state benefits.
• Spouses unable to work.
• The feeling of unsettlement.
• Above all, tons of mental stress.

Do you want be in this mess for ever. I am sure you don’t. We deserve better.

We all have to fight together to fix this broken immigration system and achieve IV’s goals to
• Remove retrogression
• Remove backlogs in labor certification
• Remove backlogs in I-140 and I-485 processing
• Revise the way visa quotas for highly skilled workers are determined

Register FREE to become a member today!
www.immigrationvoice.org

Excellent job Varsha. I would like to modify one line.

Children not being able to get scholarships, cannot work or get state tuition benefits instead of 'Children not being able to get state benefits.'

Indirant
01-31-2007, 09:22 PM
Hi,
Good work Varsha, are we having the conf call today let us know.
Thanks
Sekar

varshadas
01-31-2007, 11:10 PM
Unfortunately, you guys are late for the conference call today. Let us have a conference call tomorrow then. Let us do it at 10.30 PM or even in the day I can spare sometime as I am working from home tomorrow. Everyone, please check in here multiple times during the day. I know it is irritating but I think it is the only way since I do not have access to any of my personal accounts at work. Sanjay had sent an updated document with his comments.

In essence, the flyer should not be too wordy. It should have few necessary words and we have to reformat it with the size, color and format to make it appear.

Let us have a call tomorrow and finalize the flyer so we are ready to print on Friday.

Thanks,
Varsha

varshadas
02-01-2007, 01:12 PM
Date: Thursday, February 01, 2007
Start Time: 10:30 PM Eastern Std Time
End Time: 11:25 PM Eastern Std Time
Participants: 6
Participant Access Code 66239

Thanks
Varsha

Rajeev
02-01-2007, 04:04 PM
Hi Varsha

I will attend the conference call but unfortunately I would not be able to come to the temple Saturday. The earliest I can reach temple is 3:00 p.m.

varshadas
02-01-2007, 04:27 PM
That's fine. As long as some of us are there, we should be fine. Right now we need to finalize the flyer.

Thanks,
Varsha

Indirant
02-01-2007, 09:15 PM
Varsha,
I will be dialing in.
Thanks
Sekar

GCKaIntezar
02-02-2007, 10:34 AM
Sorry, but I couldn't join last night's conf. call. I was out on a business work.

Did you guys meet?

ak27
02-02-2007, 10:51 AM
Hello Everyone,
Many thanx to Varsha, Sanjay and all others. I am uploaded the updated flyers. As we have discussed over concall last week, we shall be meeting at Bridgewater Temple...

AK27

varshadas
02-02-2007, 04:01 PM
We will all meet at the Bridgewater temple Cafeteria tomorrow, that is, 02/03/2007 at 11.00 PM. I will get the flyers with me. We will be doing a black and white text on colored paper as that costs 9 cents/page compared to colored text on colored paper that costs 89 cents/page. Please be there on time.

Address for the temple is:
780 old Farm Road,
Bridgewater,
NJ 08807

Thanks,
Varsha

Rajeev
02-04-2007, 11:50 AM
We will all meet at the Bridgewater temple Cafeteria tomorrow, that is, 02/03/2007 at 11.00 PM. I will get the flyers with me. We will be doing a black and white text on colored paper as that costs 9 cents/page compared to colored text on colored paper that costs 89 cents/page. Please be there on time.

Address for the temple is:
780 old Farm Road,
Bridgewater,
NJ 08807

Thanks,
Varsha

How did it go?

varshadas
02-04-2007, 09:04 PM
Well Bridgewater temple did not allow us to distribute flyers. Its against their policy. All we could do is stick the flyer on the community bulletin board and give it to the manager and the Vice Chariman of the temple. I got the telephone numbers of the Chairman of PR of the temple. I am going to call her tomorrow. Sanjay and Ajay are going to distribute the flyers at Metropark sometime this week. Sanjay is going to follow up futher with EBC. Ajay is going to follow up with the newspapers. Rajeev, did you try to get in touch with your local congressman? If not, please do so asap and keep pursuing until you get a decision from them. This actually goes for everyone of us. Please follow up with the congressmen until you get a decision from them.

Thanks,
Varsha

varshadas
02-05-2007, 06:46 PM
Hello All,

Congressman Ferguson has agreed to meet at 4:30pm this Friday, February 9th, 2007 in his district office. The address is:

45 Mountain Blvd.
Building D, Suite 1
Warren, NJ 07059

Let me know who all can make it. I think I can accomodate 3 more. I have to check the fax I sent him.

Thanks,
Varsha

hemal555
02-05-2007, 08:08 PM
I would distribute the printout of the flyers in some of the shops on Oak Tree Rd. Edison. Let me where else it would be required.
Thanks, Hemal

hemal555
02-05-2007, 08:09 PM
Varsha, I can make it for the meeting in Warren. Thanks Hemal

varshadas
02-05-2007, 09:02 PM
I can accomodate one more at the most. Three people are enough. More than that is a crowd. Hemal and the one other person who can make it, please go through the slide put up under Resources-> Meet the lawmakers drive. We have to prepare before we meet the Congressmen.

Things to do before we meet the Congressmen:

1> Research on Congressmen on his community efforts.
2> Read the slides.
3> Have a meeting between us to discuss what and how we are going to present the material to him.

Hemal, please distribute the flyers to as many people as possible and in whatever locations you can. I will send you an updated copy soon.

Thanks,
Varsha

ak27
02-07-2007, 11:00 AM
I can accomodate one more at the most. Three people are enough. More than that is a crowd. Hemal and the one other person who can make it, please go through the slide put up under Resources-> Meet the lawmakers drive. We have to prepare before we meet the Congressmen.

Things to do before we meet the Congressmen:

1> Research on Congressmen on his community efforts.
2> Read the slides.
3> Have a meeting between us to discuss what and how we are going to present the material to him.

Hemal, please distribute the flyers to as many people as possible and in whatever locations you can. I will send you an updated copy soon.

Thanks,
Varsha
Varsha,

Who is thrid person...

varshadas
02-07-2007, 10:35 PM
No one has volunteered so far for the third spot.

pappu
02-08-2007, 03:41 PM
In December, the CIS Ombudsman's Office began a pilot teleconference program on issues of concern to individuals and employers as they interface with USCIS. We have had three such pilot teleconferences so far and in February will continue with a few more. Please join us on Friday, February 16, from 11:00 a.m.-12:00 noon EST for the "Newark District Office: How Is It Working For You?" We look forward to hearing your comments, thoughts, and suggestions for improvement as well as any best practices you have noticed in your interaction with that office. We also would appreciate your thoughts regarding the Cherry Hill , NJ field office.

To participate in Friday's call, please RSVP to cisombudsman.publicaffairs@dhs.gov. The first 50 people to sign up will be able to participate and will receive a return email with the call-in information. If you are unable to participate on Friday, stay tuned for similar upcoming programs which will be posted on our website, www.dhs.gov/cisombudsman. Also, if you have a topic of interest for a future call, please send it to cisombudsman.publicaffairs@dhs.gov.

We appreciate your assistance with this pilot program.

Thank you,
Citizenship & Immigration Services Ombudsman

U.S. Department of Homeland Security

Mail Stop: 1225
Washington , DC 20528-1225
Office: 202-357-8100

www.dhs.gov/cisombudsman

ak27
02-08-2007, 09:00 PM
Varsha,
I can try to make it but I am not from his district..

varshadas
02-08-2007, 09:23 PM
Its OK either way. Everyone is not needed. It does not matter if you are not from the district. If you can't make it, don't sweat it. Hemal is coming. Two of us should be OK.

Btw, what happened to the flyer distribution at Metropark?

Thanks,
Varsha

varshadas
02-09-2007, 07:35 PM
Hello All,
Can you all please let me know where you all are wrt to contacting the Congressmen Rajeev and Shekhar, I haven't heard from you guys in a while.
Where are you?

Thanks,
Varsha

GCKaIntezar
02-09-2007, 08:36 PM

optimist578 is on a distinguished road
Default Want to join

I want to join the effort. I live in Union City (near Hoboken) but donot drive. Do you have any events planned in New York City or near Journal Sq or any place accessible by train?
email kamla345@yahoo.com

Varsha,
Please can you add Optimist to the list and send him/her email for the telecon?
Thanks!

varshadas
02-09-2007, 09:26 PM
Yes, I will send in the details for the telcon shortly

varshadas
02-09-2007, 10:34 PM
http://profiles.numbersusa.com/profile_state.php3?District=NJ

For other states, use

http://profiles.numbersusa.com/

Mike Ferguson whom we met today was pro legal immigration, If anyone is or knows someone in Morris County, please contact Garrett, Scott. I think first we should target the greens (lower immigration intent) and then target the others.
As you can see the Southern states like Lousiana, Texas have many greens.

Thanks,
Varsha

hemal555
02-13-2007, 02:11 PM
I also think congressman for Bergen County belongs to the target green category. Anyone from Bergen County, NJ to arrage a meet with congressman (some congressman tends to entertain the meeting request from person who belongs to his/her constituency).

thanks,
hemal

pappu
02-18-2007, 02:14 AM
Thanks for the conf call.

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showpost.php?p=49150&postcount=6

varshadas
02-18-2007, 02:12 PM
Himanshu,

Thank you very much for your appreciation. We are glad to help to get us all out of this mess.

Rajeev, Sanjay, Hemal. Shekhar and Ajay, were you able to get in touch with your local Congressmen, if not, please do so.

Thanks,
Varsha

ak27
02-20-2007, 10:32 AM
I have written to my congressmen couple of times but I am yet to recieve any response. I will contact his office again this week..

Ajay

GCKaIntezar
02-20-2007, 09:39 PM
Durga Temple Plan for Sunday 2/26

All-
Vineet and I chated today and he confirmed our appointment at Durga Temple in South Brunswick. Please reply to this message and confirm that you will be coming in. The tentative time to reach and setup the table is between 4:00-4:30pm.

So far I have me and Vineet coming in. We need atleast 3 more to join us in this drive.

Ajay,
I left you a voice mail on this also.

Thanks,
Sanjay

Indirant
02-20-2007, 10:12 PM
Hi Guys when are you meeting in Durga temple Let me know I can come with some of my friends
Sekar

GCKaIntezar
02-21-2007, 12:14 PM
Sorry I had 2/26 as Sunday in my previous post.

Thanks Sekar, please bring as many friends as you can. I plan to be there around 3:30pm.

Hi Guys when are you meeting in Durga temple Let me know I can come with some of my friends
Sekar

pappu
02-22-2007, 01:28 PM
Pls post your schedule and location on the the IV agenda thread so that it is visible on the homepage. Urge more NJ members to come to the temple to help you distribute flyers and talk to interested people.They will also have a chance to and meet other NJ chapter members. At least one core member will also come for this and everyone will have a chance to meet and ask any questions.

GCKaIntezar
02-22-2007, 10:10 PM
Thanks. I'm going to create a thread under IV Agenda and post.

One quick request to all members-
Can anyone bring a laptop with wireless Internet Access so that we can display our efforts online, it will be of great help in recruiting members on the spot. Unfortunately I don't have wireless laptop.

Let me know if you'll be able to do this.

Pls post your schedule and location on the the IV agenda thread so that it is visible on the homepage. Urge more NJ members to come to the temple to help you distribute flyers and talk to interested people.They will also have a chance to and meet other NJ chapter members. At least one core member will also come for this and everyone will have a chance to meet and ask any questions.

varshadas
02-23-2007, 06:56 PM
Guys I am down with flu. Not sure if I will be able to attend. Will drop by if I feel better.

optimist578
03-02-2007, 05:58 PM
NJ Fellows,

Has anybody contacted Congressman Albio Sires? Is anybody interested to join me? I am trying to schedule a meeting with him next week.

Thanks.
kamla345@yahoo.com

varshadas
03-05-2007, 07:00 AM
Thanks. I don't think I will be able to make it. Let us know how it goes.

varshadas
03-07-2007, 01:45 PM
Ajay and Shekhar. Did you guys have any luck with the Congressmen?

Indirant
03-07-2007, 09:45 PM
Varsha,
I have not heard any reply. waiting for repsonse to Ajay's request.
Thanks
Sekar

himu73
03-29-2007, 11:46 AM
there a plan to meet/call NJ senators

Canadianindian
04-01-2007, 12:01 PM
This is Sanjay Sood from NJ. I am also stuck in the retrogression process, and can be reached at hppdelhi@gmail.com. Sanjay

idlinginc
04-09-2007, 04:40 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you
ak27

Dear ak27,

Could you post the groups URL so that I can join?

Best Regards.

jfredr
04-20-2007, 02:57 PM
I recently joined the forum with $20 Contributions.

my story is also same as many of u . Stuck in

Retrogression

thanks

tikka
06-10-2007, 10:41 PM
Hi
Since have some down time.. maybe we can try and revive local chapters?

You folks - Jersey was quite active, maybe we can all work together.

Please PM me

thank you

ksadara1
06-11-2007, 02:56 PM
Hi Guyz,

I just joined the group today and looks like the group is quite active in making the issues reach the concerned people. Let me know if I can do anything from my side to keep the ball rolling.

Kumar

email: sadaramkr@gmail.com
Residence: Newport/Pavonia.
EB2 and just filed for my I-140.

askreddy
06-25-2007, 06:31 AM
Hi NJ members,

Iam joined yesterday this forum.

My PD is 9/2003 and EB3.

Iam having issue with birth certificate.Can any one from india pls send me non availability and affidavits you have. you can erase your imp details. i just want the format.

thanks in advance....

askreddy
06-25-2007, 06:43 AM
pls send samples to askrindia@yahoo.com

tikka
07-25-2007, 10:40 AM
WHEN: Wednesday –AUGUST 1st
LOCATION- 48th and Park Avenue
TIME: 7 pm

CT FOLKS- Grand Central is a few blocks away. Naveen handle on IV (tnite)will be coming from CT so please send him a PM.

NJ/NYC: Take E, V to 5th avenue and 53rd street and then you have to walk a few blocks!

Let's meet up and get to know each other. It would be great if you can make it!!

ALSO- PLEASE DO UPDATE YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION

Thank you and enjoy the week!

tikka
08-05-2007, 09:33 PM
Please join us for a tri state lunch meet. We would like to start working on volunteers/ mobilizing members for the DC rally. Even if you cannot take the day off and come to DC please come by for the lunch. We could really use help with banners/posters/ and ideas to make this a success.

WHEN: Saturday AUGUST 11th
LOCATION- 148 E 48TH St, New York, NY 10017 (between Lexington and Third Avenues.)

TIME: 12:00pm

Thank you!

chanduv23
08-06-2007, 12:00 AM
Please join us for a tri state lunch meet. We would like to start working on volunteers/ mobilizing members for the DC rally. Even if you cannot take the day off and come to DC please come by for the lunch. We could really use help with banners/posters/ and ideas to make this a success.

WHEN: Saturday AUGUST 11th
LOCATION- 148 E 48TH St, New York, NY 10017 (between Lexington and Third Avenues.)

TIME: 1:30 pm

Thank you!

NJ members please join the tri state chapter by clicking on the link in my signature (NY chapter is now tri state chapter)

chanduv23
09-02-2007, 01:32 AM
All the NJ members - it is very critical that you all attend the rally. As this chapter has been lying dormant for a while, we decided to merge this into the tri state and a lot of NJ members are in the tri state chapter. Those of you who have not joined the tri state chapter, please do so by joining the tri state chapter at

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/immigrationvoiceny/

We are also in need of volunteers to help us in the flyer campaign in the tri state area with main focus on New Jersey.

Please vote your willingness to attend the rally at

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12872

Also if you want to ride the bus please visit the thread

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12567

Please PM me or tnite or mpadapa or singhsa3 if you want to volunteer for action items.

varshadas
09-12-2007, 11:57 AM
Ajay, Shekhar, Sanjay where are you guys? I have not heard from you guys for a while. Is anyone of you going to the rally? If not, have you guys been spreading the message within your contacts?

laborchic
09-12-2007, 12:06 PM
So many people in NJ Thread... How many are coming for the rallly....

Please forrward the Businessweek article to everyone.. This may give us a good bump in increasing the attendance..

mpadapa
09-12-2007, 12:08 PM
There is still seats available on the tri-state bus..
Hop on the bus (free ride) for a journey towards better future
click on my signature

chanduv23
09-12-2007, 12:08 PM
http://www.businessweek.com/bwdaily/dnflash/content/sep2007/db20070911_591357.htm?chan=top+news_top+news+index _businessweek+exclusives

Everyone must come to the rally

chanduv23
10-02-2007, 10:54 PM
All NJ mebers follow this link

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=14048