PDA

View Full Version : SSN after Approval!!!

milind70
10-02-2008, 02:09 PM
I applied fro SSN replacement card like 2 weeks back. I havent recieved the card as yet, so i called SSN the lady on the phone said that two weeks will up tomm and should wait till the end of the week ,if i dont recieve the card by then i should check again. Any one else expereicned such a thing, i am getting worried since it is over weeks . I applied on Sept 17 ,called SSN on Sept 30 .

suavesandeep
10-02-2008, 03:00 PM
Milind,

We did the same for both me and my spouse. I think we applied on Sept 5. I got mine within a week. Its been more than a month and we have not received my wife's SSN. We did call SSA on Sep 22 and they said everything was fine and we should receive it soon, If we do not receive by the end of the month go again to the local office. Have not received it yet, So plan to go to the SSN local office again tomorrow. My guess is it could have got lost in the transit.

Hope this helps.

milind70
10-02-2008, 03:54 PM
Sandeep ,
My wife applied Sept 2nd , she got it very quickly I would say less than week. I applied Sept 17th ,called them Sept 29th ,they said u should get it by this week end. Let me know whats the result of your visit. Looks like i may have to visit them if i dont get it till this weekend. PM me your result of your visit.
Thanks

raj3078
10-02-2008, 05:20 PM
Do you need to apply for SSN after getting GC? i was thinking that everyone who is working already has SSN... Do you have to get new one? that does not seem right??? please advise

milind70
10-02-2008, 05:37 PM
Do you need to apply for SSN after getting GC? i was thinking that everyone who is working already has SSN... Do you have to get new one? that does not seem right??? please advise

Raj,
You dont get a new SSN. You just remove the restrictions that is on your previous card.When u become a LPR you should get a replacement card without any restrictions.If you read my post i mentioned SSN card replacement. I am sorry it might have mislead you otherwise.