PDA

View Full Version : Fingerprint Notice ?

aamchimumbai
10-01-2008, 03:34 PM
Gurus,

I submitted my 485 application at the NSC on Sep 5'08 (RD). I currently reside in AZ and wanted to know how long does it typically take USCIS to send out fingerprinting notice once 485 is received?

Anyone in the same situation. Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks all!

wandmaker
10-01-2008, 03:45 PM
Gurus,

I submitted my 485 application at the NSC on Sep 5'08 (RD). I currently reside in AZ and wanted to know how long does it typically take USCIS to send out fingerprinting notice once 485 is received?

Anyone in the same situation. Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks all!

3-4 weeks from the day you received the physical receipt notice of 485, if USCIS is not overloaded like July 07 fiasco.

suriajay12
10-01-2008, 06:42 PM
Hi,

I am July 07 filer, Had my finger prints done in Oct 2007. Am I waiting for a new set of finger prints to be taken again after one year. Or please let me know if I am waiting for somethig

saketkapur
10-01-2008, 07:04 PM
Well USCIS is quite erratic.....I am a July 07 filer....did not get my FPs....opened 4 SRs..finally went for infopass...and got my FPs done on 8/19/08............more than a year later......

anyways above was my experience regarding teh same.......

sri1309
10-01-2008, 09:15 PM
Well USCIS is quite erratic.....I am a July 07 filer....did not get my FPs....opened 4 SRs..finally went for infopass...and got my FPs done on 8/19/08............more than a year later......

anyways above was my experience regarding teh same.......

Saket,
Thats good finally. But what about my case. I had it done on time as it looks like in Oct 07. Am I waiting for some communication from my attorney or USCIS.
SOmebody, please advise,

Thanks,
Sri

aamchimumbai
10-02-2008, 05:47 PM
3-4 weeks from the day you received the physical receipt notice of 485, if USCIS is not overloaded like July 07 fiasco.

Let's say if don't receive FP notice by 10 October 2008.....what are my options?

Can I invoke an infopass ? I am not sure protocols for invoking infopass..

Can I call customer service provide my details and ask for the status/

Thanks

saketkapur
10-02-2008, 06:13 PM
Saket,
Thats good finally. But what about my case. I had it done on time as it looks like in Oct 07. Am I waiting for some communication from my attorney or USCIS.
SOmebody, please advise,

Thanks,
Sri

Hi
So did you already do one FP? There is a rule that people have to get FP done again every 15 months but I was under the impression that people who got theirs done after july 07 are good....but could be wrong....
I am confused as to what kind of communication you are talking about?

At the end of the day taking an infopass and getting your questions answered is not a bad option. I think that is better than calling the stupid customer service as they mostly just jerk you around. But going to an infopass with at least one SR helps since that it shows that you already tried the same and the issue did not get resolved.

Hope this helps....

regards
Saket

saketkapur
10-02-2008, 06:17 PM
Let's say if don't receive FP notice by 10 October 2008.....what are my options?

Can I invoke an infopass ? I am not sure protocols for invoking infopass..

Can I call customer service provide my details and ask for the status/

Thanks

Hi
First hope you get it in time. Anyways my experience tells me I should have gotten the infopass after nothing happened with my first SR(which I had opened after 30 days....they sent a reply after another 30 and asked me to wait 60 days and still nothing). However sometimes if you just take an infopass and no SR then they might not entertain your request....I guess it depends on the IO and which side of the bed he got up on.... :eek:
regards
Saket