View Full Version : Misplaced GC Abroad

05-18-2011, 12:28 PM
My friends received Green cards in 2007. They live abroad, but make regular trips tho the Us to visit family and maintain their GC.

Unfortunaltely, they recently misplaced their green cards. They are planning a trip to the US this month, for which they have received travel letters from the US Embassy abroad.

Would anyone know what the process is afterwords? We know they have to file I-90s to replace their lost GC. Does this have to be done at the port of entry? Or is it done at a local office on reaching their final US destination?

Also, will they be called for a biometric appointment locally or can that be done at a Port of Entry. Can the biometric be done at a location abroad?

If anyone has any info on this, it'd be truly appreciated.

05-18-2011, 12:36 PM
Have them check at the Local Consulate. That will be their best bet

05-18-2011, 12:48 PM
I think I have lost my GC or misplaced it and can not find it.

05-18-2011, 12:48 PM
My friend lost her green card while she was on vacation in China. She got a temporary green card to travel in a week or so which facilitated her entry into US and once she reached here, she just applied for another green card claiming the initial one as lost. There were no issues except the travel delay and the monetary loss.