PDA

View Full Version : gc not received , but having valid AP

rampaadh@hotmail.com
05-18-2011, 09:37 AM
I have received my Green card & My wifes green card during March. But I did not receive my daughter's (2 yrs old) green card even though it was approved
by Immigration on Feb 24th. I received welcome letter also during March.

When I called the USCIS helpdesk number, they said it was mailed to my address on Feb 28th and it might have been lost and I need to apply for I-90 to get replacement card.
There is no tracking number also. They also said my daughter can use valid AP to enter to USA.

Today I made an appointment through INFO PASS and talked to Immigration officer. He also said the same thing and also added that a Bio-metrics should be taken along with I-90 for my kid.

My daughter is currently in India and planning to come back on July4th. She has a valid advance parole till Jan 2012. But the officer told that she can not enter to USA with Advance parole since her GC was approved. He asked me to contact local US embassy to get some travel document so that she can travel.

I am confused now. Did anyone faced such situation ?

dxldad
05-18-2011, 01:00 PM
Murthy.com has some advice on this situation, please check their site. This is what I understand. Your daughter can board the flight to US based on the valid AP. Once she reaches US, she needs to inform the immigration officer that her GC was approved. The immigration officer has the authority to let her into the country after checking her records. Murthy has this scenario in detail.

rampaadh@hotmail.com
05-18-2011, 09:08 PM
can you please give me the link? I searched Murthy's site, but could not find the link.
Today I called the uscis help line, they said the AP will be invalid if resident status is approved and I need to take "return resident visa" for my kid by contacting at the chennai consulate. I am going to call the chennai consulate tonight and let me see what they say.

Any suggestions?

rampaadh@hotmail.com
05-19-2011, 08:31 AM
I sent a detailed mail to Chennai Consulate yesterday for scheduling an appointment and got response in 2 hours! They said Transportation Letter is required for this case and i need to carry required documents to prove that my daughter's case was approved. Fee is around $175. Initially I thought I should apply for Returning resident visa, but they said it is not necessary and Transportation letter is fine.

Transportation Letter - U.S. Consulate General Chennai, India (http://chennai.usconsulate.gov/immigrantstous/lost/stolen-green-card.html)

dxldad
05-19-2011, 08:42 AM
MurthyDotCom : I-485 Approval Possibility Issues: International Travel (http://murthy.com/news/n_intrvl.html)

raj1998
05-19-2011, 11:09 AM
In the similar boat.. I received sms/email on 13th that 485 has been approved but have not received any welcome/approval letter till date. I am on H1b. It has expired and I don't have Advance Parole also. I need to travel urgently in first week of June 2011. I was thinking of getting my H1b stamped during the trip, but since that's not possible what are my options???
I called my lawyers office but really didn't get any sound reply... seems like that lost interest once I told them I am not filing EAD/AP and GC is approved

nlssubbu
05-19-2011, 02:08 PM
In the similar boat.. I received sms/email on 13th that 485 has been approved but have not received any welcome/approval letter till date. I am on H1b. It has expired and I don't have Advance Parole also. I need to travel urgently in first week of June 2011. I was thinking of getting my H1b stamped during the trip, but since that's not possible what are my options???
I called my lawyers office but really didn't get any sound reply... seems like that lost interest once I told them I am not filing EAD/AP and GC is approved

Why don't you take an Info-Pass and check with an immigration officer? In case of GC approved but yet to be received at your end, there is a possibility that they can stamp your passport with temporary GC (I-551 i think) for urgent travel.

Try your luck!

Regards

raj1998
05-19-2011, 03:28 PM
Why don't you take an Info-Pass and check with an immigration officer? In case of GC approved but yet to be received at your end, there is a possibility that they can stamp your passport with temporary GC (I-551 i think) for urgent travel.

Try your luck!

Regards

I have booked an INFOPASS. I hope I receive welcome/approval letter well in time to take with me for I-551. I don't think they will entertain email print out

ca_immigrant
05-19-2011, 07:44 PM
I am also travelling with the family in June for a couple of months !

the murthy link and this thread over all is helpful !

Our company's lawyer mentioned that if the 485 gets approved while abroad then when I come back I just tell the officer at the entry point that I was out and do not have the card in hand. So I enter using AP.

I also asked him (and in another thread here ) if I can have the card mailed to India by a friend and he said yes, I can do that if I am comfortable with it.

On a different note , one other person mentioned to me that one has to be in the US when the 485 application is approved or else they can reject the application, but that does not sound true and nor I have heard anything like that from the lawyer or in any of the forums !!

snathan
05-19-2011, 07:57 PM
I am also travelling with the family in June for a couple of months !

the murthy link and this thread over all is helpful !

Our company's lawyer mentioned that if the 485 gets approved while abroad then when I come back I just tell the officer at the entry point that I was out and do not have the card in hand. So I enter using AP.

I also asked him (and in another thread here ) if I can have the card mailed to India by a friend and he said yes, I can do that if I am comfortable with it.

On a different note , one other person mentioned to me that one has to be in the US when the 485 application is approved or else they can reject the application, but that does not sound true and nor I have heard anything like that from the lawyer or in any of the forums !!

Then whats the purpose of AP....?

GCmuddu_H1BVaddu
05-19-2011, 10:03 PM
Dude snathan,

I am not responding to you for this response, I have seen your responses before.

You definetly need to consider taking this How to Communicate with Diplomacy, Tact and Credibility (http://www.amanet.org/training/seminars/How-to-Communicate-with-Diplomacy-Tact-and-Credibility.aspx)

Take it easy buddy, trying to help you....

Then whats the purpose of AP....?

snathan
05-19-2011, 10:10 PM
Dude snathan,

I am not responding to you for this response, I have seen your responses before.

You definetly need to consider taking this How to Communicate with Diplomacy, Tact and Credibility (http://www.amanet.org/training/seminars/How-to-Communicate-with-Diplomacy-Tact-and-Credibility.aspx)

Take it easy buddy, trying to help you....

Thanks for the link...Btw are you taking the same class...:)

GCmuddu_H1BVaddu
05-20-2011, 11:46 AM
I have completed. :)

Thanks for the link...Btw are you taking the same class...:)

waitingnwaiting
05-20-2011, 12:00 PM
I have completed. :)

Thank you for spreading my teachings to you. :D

raj1998
05-20-2011, 10:55 PM
Its been real fast. Yesterday I received my Approval letter, today I received my Card in mail.
Application was approved on 13 may after opening SR on 6th may. So canceling INFOPASS... :)

sheelalann
05-21-2011, 10:13 AM
Its been real fast. Yesterday I received my Approval letter, today I received my Card in mail.
Application was approved on 13 may after opening SR on 6th may. So canceling INFOPASS... :)

Congratulations !! Enjoy the freedom

snathan
05-25-2011, 02:48 PM
Search the forum, it full of post where people has called SNATHAN a MORON

now I am not saying so... he might not be a MORON but then why most of people call him so ??

Welcome back PlainSpeak...aka Poornima,

Jet flyer is waiting for you...

Its time for IV to ban your IP....you know the dog's tail.