PDA

View Full Version : I-485 - RFE about immunization records

sandpmove
09-26-2008, 03:28 PM
For our I-485 application, both me and my wife received on RFE from USCIS with the following text -

(posted on Sep 4th) The submitted Form I-693 (Medical Examinaation of Alient Seeking Adjustment of Status) indicated that the "Applicant is not current for age-specific immunizations ..." as required by Law. Please comply with the following: An applicant applying for adjustment of status must submit Form I-693 (Medical Examination of Alien Seeking Adjustment of Status) and Supplimental Form to I-693 (Immunization Record). Your file contains the Medical Examination of Alien Seeking Adjustment of Status, but does not contain the required Immunization Record. Please submit a properly completed Immunization Record. A list of designated Civil Surgeons can be obtained by calling the USCIS National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283, or via the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov.

In the I-693 we submitted, the doctor had checked the following field:
Applicant is not current for recommended age-specific immunizations and I have encouraged that appropriate immunizations be obtained.

In the Supplimental Form to I-693 which provides details of the shots we took, the following are checked -

DT/DP - Not Age Appropriate
Td - 06/24 (we took the first shot on this date) AND Insufficient time interval is checked ( because the next shot could not be taken for another 30 days)
Polio - Not Age Appropriate
Measles - 06/21 ( we took the shot on this date) AND Insufficient time interval is checked ( because the next shot could not be taken for another 30 days)
Mumps - 06/21 ( we took the shot on this date) AND Insufficient time interval is checked ( because the next shot could not be taken for another 30 days)
Rubella - 06/21 ( we took the shot on this date) AND Insufficient time interval is checked ( because the next shot could not be taken for another 30 days)
Hib - Not Age Appropriate
Hep B - Not Age Appropriate
Varicella - VH is written in "Completed Series or fully Immune ..." column
Pneumococoal - Not Age Appropriate
Influenze - Not Age Appropriate

and in the Results section, the following line is checked -

Applicant may be eligible for blanket waiver(s) as indicated above.

Questions:

1. Does anyone know what USCIS wants? We consulted our lawyers and went back to the clinic to see the nurse/doctor. She said that it's because we haven't completed all shots for Td, M, M, R (Insufficient Time Interval ones) and that USCIS wants all these done. Is that correct?

2. We went ahead and took the M, M, R shots and got the Insufficient time Interval removed for those. We also took the 2nd Td shot. However, this will still have the "Insufficient time interval" checked because we cannot complete the 3rd (final) shot before another 30 days and the RFE has to be responded by then.

Our lawyers have recommended in addition to the updated I-693 and suppliment forms, we submit an affidavit to USCIS stating we have just one Td shot left and that we'll take that in another 30 days.

Anybody who has run into this situation? What have you guys done in this situation? Any help/advice will be greatly appreciated!

Almas
11-09-2009, 06:26 PM
Hi SandPmove,

I could not find my medical records. they are probably 9 years old anyways.
i got my medical done. TB skin test was + and the Xray was negative.
I had to take 3 shots Td, MMR and varicella. (1st dose) last week.
I am about to send my medicals to the USCIS. my question is:
will they adjudicate a decision on my 485 (priority date is current, all the rest shoudl be fine) or will the USCIS ask me to finish all my series of shots AND finish the 9 months treatment based on the + TB skin test?

What was your experience? thank you !

jackrock79
12-11-2011, 05:21 PM
For our I-485 application, both me and my wife received on RFE from USCIS with the following text -

(posted on Sep 4th) The submitted Form I-693 (Medical Examinaation of Alient Seeking Adjustment of Status) indicated that the "Applicant is not current for age-specific immunizations ..." as required by Law. Please comply with the following: An applicant applying for adjustment of status must submit Form I-693 (Medical Examination of Alien Seeking Adjustment of Status) and Supplimental Form to I-693 (Immunization Record). Your file contains the Medical Examination of Alien Seeking Adjustment of Status, but does not contain the required Immunization Record. Please submit a properly completed Immunization Record. A list of designated Civil Surgeons can be obtained by calling the USCIS National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283, or via the USCIS website at USCIS Home Page (http://www.uscis.gov).

Applicant is not current for recommended age-specific immunizations and I have encouraged that appropriate immunizations be obtained.

In the Supplimental Form to I-693 which provides details of the shots we took, the following are checked -

Td - 06/24 (we took the first shot on this date) AND Insufficient time interval is checked ( because the next shot could not be taken for another 30 days)
Measles - 06/21 ( we took the shot on this date) AND Insufficient time interval is checked ( because the next shot could not be taken for another 30 days)
Mumps - 06/21 ( we took the shot on this date) AND Insufficient time interval is checked ( because the next shot could not be taken for another 30 days)
Rubella - 06/21 ( we took the shot on this date) AND Insufficient time interval is checked ( because the next shot could not be taken for another 30 days)

Questions:

1. Does anyone know what USCIS wants? We consulted our lawyers and went back to the clinic to see the nurse/doctor. She said that it's because we haven't completed all shots for Td, M, M, R (Insufficient Time Interval ones) and that USCIS wants all these done. Is that correct?

2. We went ahead and took the M, M, R shots and got the Insufficient time Interval removed for those. We also took the 2nd Td shot. However, this will still have the "Insufficient time interval" checked because we cannot complete the 3rd (final) shot before another 30 days and the RFE has to be responded by then.

Our lawyers have recommended in addition to the updated I-693 and suppliment forms, we submit an affidavit to USCIS stating we have just one Td shot left and that we'll take that in another 30 days.

Anybody who has run into this situation? What have you guys done in this situation? Any help/advice will be greatly appreciated!

Can you please update on how you solved this?

mach1343
12-12-2011, 03:14 PM
When is your PD and what's your notice date.

(posted on Sep 4th) The submitted Form I-693 (Medical Examinaation of Alient Seeking Adjustment of Status) indicated that the "Applicant is not current for age-specific immunizations ..." as required by Law. Please comply with the following: An applicant applying for adjustment of status must submit Form I-693 (Medical Examination of Alien Seeking Adjustment of Status) and Supplimental Form to I-693 (Immunization Record). Your file contains the Medical Examination of Alien Seeking Adjustment of Status, but does not contain the required Immunization Record. Please submit a properly completed Immunization Record. A list of designated Civil Surgeons can be obtained by calling the USCIS National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283, or via the USCIS website at USCIS Home Page (http://www.uscis.gov).

Questions: