PDA

View Full Version : Contribution promise on posts?

gaz
09-25-2008, 03:38 PM
Hi,

I have a suggestion for the forums:

when a person posts a question on the forum, they can add a promise to contribute to IV for a good response or a resolution (whatever amount they want to, or a promise to send a letter etc.)

If the amount is zero, and no other contribution is made, IV members could opt not to respond to the post.

So forums are no longer free; but not officially paid. It is upto members to "donate" a response (maybe for a new member)

Any thoughts?

nc14
09-25-2008, 03:52 PM
Good idea. I still think we need to somehow make it mandatory to put your contribution on every post. May be like by making a signature mandatory and the signature having the contribution in it.

I am not sure how to prevent users from putting false information though.

Hi,

when a person posts a question on the forum, they can add a promise to contribute to IV for a good response or a resolution (whatever amount they want to, or a promise to send a letter etc.)

If the amount is zero, and no other contribution is made, IV members could opt not to respond to the post.

So forums are no longer free; but not officially paid. It is upto members to "donate" a response (maybe for a new member)

Any thoughts?

gaz
09-25-2008, 03:55 PM
to the person who gave me a red with "bad idea" - why not come out in the open and discuss it?

Hi,

Any thoughts?

reddog
09-25-2008, 04:20 PM
believe me, that would alienate IV more from the 'tryin to be an immigrant' community.

gaz
09-25-2008, 04:29 PM
how? theres no mandate on contributions.. but the people who respond will be more motivated to

and then in many cases you're saving on lawyers fee by asking questions here...

analogy - people make vows in temples/ churches promising to either contribute money or do some service if a wish is fulfilled.. this is similar (maybe not the same thing ...or a bad analogy but i couldn't think of anything else)

believe me, that would alienate IV more from the 'tryin to be an immigrant' community.