PDA

View Full Version : New GC application after RFE

willworkforgc
05-12-2011, 07:45 PM
Hi,
Im currently working on an EAD under EB3 category filed by my previous employer. My current employer filed a new GC application under EB2 category for which I got a RFE during the PERM stage. Currently it seems like it will be taking 2 years for audited cases to be processed and I cant/dont want to wait for that long. Can I join another company and file another GC through them? With my current application being audited, cause any issues with a new GC application?

Thanks,

smuggymba
05-12-2011, 10:44 PM
Hi,
Im currently working on an EAD under EB3 category filed by my previous employer. My current employer filed a new GC application under EB2 category for which I got a RFE during the PERM stage. Currently it seems like it will be taking 2 years for audited cases to be processed and I cant/dont want to wait for that long. Can I join another company and file another GC through them? With my current application being audited, cause any issues with a new GC application?

Thanks,

ur current stuck app won't have any effect on new app but if the "problem" is related to your profile, it will cause a problem in new app also.

ak_2006
05-13-2011, 10:44 AM
Hi,

Thanks,

It should not be an issue. If you are lucky, you will get EB2 from new company. After waiting 2 years for audit decision, what would be approval chance? 50% only…..it is not a wise idea to wait for it. You have to take chances from new company. But choose good company/job and good lawyer.

How can I say all this?? I am in the same boat . I wish you good luck.

willworkforgc
05-13-2011, 11:11 AM
Thanks for your responses.

My only concern is that the new company is a fairly small company about 250 employees. And they have never hired anyone with a visa ;). So obviously have never filed for any GC either. How do I know if the lawyer's are good or bad?

Thanks.